It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they teach the 2nd amendment worldwide? Or is everyone just jealous?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
With the recent rise of gun control topics here on ATS one can't help but notice everyone has an opinion and thats great. You also can't help but notice how many U.S. History experts there are here on ATS that have never set foot on U.S. soil. More than one thread I have seen has had several British subjects trying to give class in what the founding fathers meant when they wrote the 2nd amendment..now don't get me wrong I don't mind talking about it or gun control with folks across the pond, but when I start getting the attitude that we are somehow morally not up to par as those elsewhere it's like a burr under my saddle.. If you don't like us fine..why visit threads talking about issues that don't affect you?

SO I have been thinking...they either have classes around the globe on U.S. History, 2nd Amendment, U. S. Constitution etc..for this many people in other nations to have such a vast working knowledge of it, and to understand so well the mindset of our founding fathers...............

OR

Are they jealous? America has long been seen as the last bastion of freedom in the world, the rights and liberties afforded here are like no other place on earth.. are these armchair experts just jealous that the nation they live in long ago removed the last glimmer of freedom and replaced it with a video camera?

Is that why they are so concerned with our gun rights, because they have none? What else can it be? It's not like I can go out in my yard, fire my gun, and hit your country. Your not going to see mobs of armed crazy american rednecks walking down your block..

Don't blame us...we didn't make you give your rights away...you rolled over and gave up without a fight on your own

Here are a few pointers that may help a few of you jealous ones out when posting

IF YOU HAVE NEVER FIRED ANYTHING BIGGER THAN A PELLET GUN, DON'T TELL ME WHAT KIND I SHOULD OWN

IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD THE RIGHT TO OWN A GUN IN THE LAST 20 YEARS, DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT GIVING UP MINE.

IF YOU LIVE IN A COUNTRY WITH MORE VIDEO CAMERAS THAN PEOPLE, DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT GIVING UP MY FREEDOM

AND UNLESS YOU HAD A FAMILY MEMBER THAT DIED FOR THE CAUSE OF CREATING THIS NATION OR DEFENDING IT, DON'T SAY THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS OLD AND OUTDATED....YOU DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT

edit on 10-1-2013 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Are they jealous? America has long been seen as the last bastion of freedom in the world, the rights and liberties afforded here are like no other place on earth.. are these armchair experts just jealous that the nation they live in long ago removed the last glimmer of freedom and replaced it with a video camera?

Yea im really really jealous.
You are so free, free to do as you are told.

Try walking around in public naked, try not paying taxes.....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Another deluded american who thinks he is free. I lived in your country for 5 years, and after having travelled extensivlely, I can tell you that the USA is THE most controled place i have ever been. I need to show ID before i wiped my arse. You are living in a dream world mate. when i was there it felt like living in a fascist novel.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Am I jealous of the American 2nd amendment? depends on my mood...idiots in the way when i'm trying to get somewhere then give me a gun so i can clear a path in the most efficient manner possible
, but really i'm glad that we don't have guns for everyone as perhaps the fact that people+beer from a young age+guns = bad idea here in the UK

But the 2nd as an idea is great but as someone posted earlier a quote from the founding fathers which said that guns should be taught from an early age and perhaps now that's not being taught to the same degree anymore is one of the causes of the problems we're seeing as the gun is not just seen as a tool but glorified beyond reason

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I live in a pretty small. insignificant country by your standards. We don't have a gun culture. Simple as that. Guns, are considered evil by most people here, and only in war time...they are taken up.

I don't own a gun, have never. Will never. I keep close contact to around 100 people during the year. None of them have a gun. Never have I spoken to any of them about owning a gun, nor have they ever mentioned wanting or having a gun,at least to my knowledge. Some of them are very close friends I have known for the better part of my life, I suppose I would know about something like that.

There are of course, people with guns in my country, but, everybody "normal" steers clear of those people. Mostly people think that you are probably damaged war goods if you carry a weapon. It is simply not viewed as something positive about you.

It is not imposed upon us. It is simply natural. Only criminals, cops, and mentally unstable war veterans carry guns. At least they do here.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I live in a pretty small. insignificant country by your standards. We don't have a gun culture. Simple as that. Guns, are considered evil by most people here, and only in war time...they are taken up.

I don't own a gun, have never. Will never. I keep close contact to around 100 people during the year. None of them have a gun. Never have I spoken to any of them about owning a gun, nor have they ever mentioned wanting or having a gun,at least to my knowledge. Some of them are very close friends I have known for the better part of my life, I suppose I would know about something like that.

There are of course, people with guns in my country, but, everybody "normal" steers clear of those people. Mostly people think that you are probably damaged war goods if you carry a weapon. It is simply not viewed as something positive about you.

It is not imposed upon us. It is simply natural. Only criminals, cops, and mentally unstable war veterans carry guns. At least they do here.

I think that is the most clear thinking piece of writing i have come across in this entire debate. Give the man some stars.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Many people like him never left the USA, most of the citizen don't even have a passport.

Everything they know is from stereotypes and TV.

They THINK they are free, until they go to a country where you are actually free.

edit on 1/10/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
...that's why...I just don't get your aggressive culture. To you having a gun is like a standard kitchen household that every God fearing soul should own to protect him/her self.

In God you trust, yet carry and conceal, just to make sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thing is we in the UK can have guns, shotguns and rifles so you are misinformed, also CCTV is used vastly by private people so it isn't our government who has all the CCTV.
At least do some research eh?

Oh and freedom lol they have been taking that off you for years and what have you done? NOTHING...all bark no bite.
You are a hypocrite read the 1st again!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

And I can respect that.
our country has a history formed with guns, in fact without guns we would not have a country, after the hardships in forming this country by force, our forefathers felt it important we maintain the right to keep them to insure we keep the country..

Again thank you for a very well worded response.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You're assuming...and you know how that goes.

I have traveled some...steered clear from the states...because it simply holds no appeal to me. I regret only one thing...to experience the natural beauty of your country. However, I stood my ground since I don't support what your country/politicians is doing, I made a choice not to help your economy spending some money over there

I'm not a US hater. I simply don't condone.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well put and I agree 100%. I don't personally mind hearing the input of others from outside the U.S. but when the input of opinion takes on the tone of authority or some position of superiority to tell us how it should be? Yeah.. That crosses into obnoxious and out of line to the point of being just off the deep end. It seems a fair number are gleeful when given any half way legitimate basis to bash us....despite the fact the anger which the U.S. may deserve on things is properly directed FAR FAR above the level of us normal folk sitting here chatting.

Most of what pisses off the people from other nations and comes out on the gun issue, IMO, are things that piss US off too. Taking it out on normal Americans is as logical as bashing British or Canadians because their Prime Ministers suck.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Why would they teach the US amendments worldwide?

Just proves a point that you've been taught that the US is the only significant country in the world.

To be honest mate, we don't really care.

Are you jealous here in Britain we are not scared of the world outside our door that we have to carry an assault rifle to get the morning paper

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That has always puzzled me, people like to talk down about the US but how many Americans are learning how to speak foreign languages so they can talk about foreign issues on foreign websites? Not many because for the most part we don't care. How many threads are started by Americans saying how some other country should change its gun laws to fit our views?
edit on 10-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Taking it out on normal Americans is as logical as bashing British or Canadians because their Prime Ministers suck.

Lol, I would agree that our Canadian PM sucks, lol. But you have to also admit that the US does indeed have a gun culture. As another poster already stated owning a gun in the states is akin to owning another kitchen utensil such as a can opener. But then again you don't heard of alot of people who own 10 to 50 can openers. That would just be crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

I don't know...

There is a lot of thread on how Iran should be run or what they could make.. made by Americans.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
And your view on what being "Free" means is classic...

If you were free why would you need guns?? Flawed logic. Are you scared of your government? Do you not trust your neighbours? Are you afraid of a commie invasion? Is everyone in your city a potential enemy? That isnt freedom mate. Not even close

I like CCTV, if i happen to get attacked in the centre of the city. A police unit will be there to help me in minutes.

I put my faith into the police to protect me.

I put my faith in the armed forces to protect my country.

That's freedom. Just because you can own a gun, doesn't mean your "Free"

I can legally own a Crossbow here in the UK if I am over 18... Let's have a party

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Many people like him never left the USA, most of the citizen don't even have a passport.

Everything they know is from stereotypes and TV.

They THINK they are free, until they go to a country where you are actually free.

edit on 1/10/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

you know what mate you are so right. I had a long term relationship with a girl in california and she had never even been on a train, let alone a plane. she thought Scotland was somewhere in the middle of europe. I couldnt belive the stuff she would come out with. So naive and uneducated it was unreal. But she had a great tan amongst other things

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Not only that... In Canada you can own fire arm, handgun and hunting rifle(multitude of checks and registration, assessment) but all the assault rifle and high powered weapons are smuggled from USA from their citizen looking to make a quick buck.

So Canadians being pissed off about American gun laws does hold water.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

read the 1st? Really? See thanks for making my point for me.
See you can have your point of view...thats fine...you can share it...thats fine... but now your telling me to read the document my country is founded on?? Thats like me trying to lecture you on the magna carta or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join