Do they teach the 2nd amendment worldwide? Or is everyone just jealous?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
More than one thread I have seen has had several British subjects trying to ...

Ah, you had me interested until seeing that silly and outdated terminology.
My passport says citizen.
All UK legislation refers to citizens.
I suspect it is best for me to back away from a thread where the usual emotional cries of royal peasantry and other such nonsense are likely to be expressed.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by RedShirt73

Not only that... In Canada you can own fire arm, handgun and hunting rifle(multitude of checks and registration, assessment) but all the assault rifle and high powered weapons are smuggled from USA from their citizen looking to make a quick buck.

So Canadians being pissed off about American gun laws does hold water.

True about the regulations here in Canada and I agree with them. But I still can't figure out why people would want to own a multitude of them and on top of that have the high-powered automatic and semi-automatic guns. Definitely not for hunting purposes.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

reply to post by RedShirt73

Not only that... In Canada you can own fire arm, handgun and hunting rifle(multitude of checks and registration, assessment) but all the assault rifle and high powered weapons are smuggled from USA from their citizen looking to make a quick buck.

So Canadians being pissed off about American gun laws does hold water.

True about the regulations here in Canada and I agree with them. But I still can't figure out why people would want to own a multitude of them and on top of that have the high-powered automatic and semi-automatic guns. Definitely not for hunting purposes.

It's a case of, he has one so i want one

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I really wonder how would a typical gun carrying American would do in a gun free country... would he stay in his room forever? being afraid of another human?

It makes me think about the American who felt threaten at the Calgary stampede without his gun because he mistook couple of Canadian as being rude(when they were trying to help him).

It makes you think, are the Anti-gun living in a bubble thinking the world is safe or is the Pro gun living in a bubble thinking the gun is their protective bubble.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I really wonder how would a typical gun carrying American would do in a gun free country... would he stay in his room forever? being afraid of another human?

They do quite fine actually, Americans are constantly moving up there
www.slate.com...

But way more Canadians are moving down here, so it would seem that the gun issue is not really a big thing for them.
edit on 10-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I was born with the right to breath...the right to go to the church I want...the right to own my guns...I hunt, I shoot for sport, I collect for a hobby..I have them for defense...I don't have to justify my right...It is simply that...a right!
if you don't like them fine..don't own them.... if your country doesn't like them fine..ban them... why so much concern about my rights in my country?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

International forum mate, we can comment on what we want just how you can comment on what you want.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Commenting is fine and thats one thing...I am talking about another...perhaps you should reread my first post..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I wish the second amendment would be included into the laws of my country, the Netherlands.
The whole bill of rights would be nice to.

I have grown up in the Netherlands where American gun laws have always been looked at as kind of crazy by the news and education systems, this was the way i saw it until i actually started reading up on the subject.

Now i understand the rights of all American citizens to defend themselves from all enemies foreign or domestic.
It is not just for hunting purposes as some suggest.
You have the right to defend yourself with fire arms against your own government, if needed.
I wish i had that right in my country.

But i think it is quite hard to explain to people in most European countries because they have been so much indoctrinated to trust the governments to upkeep their safety.

edit on 10-1-2013 by jaamaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Taking it out on normal Americans is as logical as bashing British or Canadians because their Prime Ministers suck.

Lol, I would agree that our Canadian PM sucks, lol. But you have to also admit that the US does indeed have a gun culture. As another poster already stated owning a gun in the states is akin to owning another kitchen utensil such as a can opener. But then again you don't heard of alot of people who own 10 to 50 can openers. That would just be crazy.

I love your comparison actually.

Can openers wouldn't be the one I'd use. Kitchen knives would be. To each knife a purpose and every common purpose, a knife. A paring knife won't slice bread very well and a butter knife won't do a thing to cut my steak.

Likewise, a shotgun will do outstanding for hunting Turkey, but outside of that subset of folks that fire slugs to hunt, a shotgun to hunt deer is all wrong for tool to the job. A handgun is good for neither while the weapons above may function for self defense but poorly...and the handgun is perfect for that task.

So, without likely meaning to, I think you actually gave me a new idea of a comparison graphic to make on this debate. Indeed....

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

For a second there I thought you were going to agree on the Canadian PM sucking thing, lol. But yes, knives would be a better analogy for this issue.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This tired old argument again.

Its a discussion board. People discuss things and come from all over the world to do so.

In doing so they express their opinions

If you want a dictatorship where everyone is forced to shut up and just agree with you get a blog and delete any comments you don't like.

Otherwise accept the nature of a global discussion.

The world is not the USA. The USA is part of the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

For a second there I thought you were going to agree on the Canadian PM sucking thing, lol. But yes, knives would be a better analogy for this issue.

lol... Actually, I'd agree on the PM part too strictly by what other Canadians are saying about him. I don't know either way myself though..so I try and stay off that topic with that in mind. Sounds like you folks are having an interesting time of things up North though. I hope it all works out well.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

Now i understand the rights of all American citizens to defend themselves from all enemies foreign or domestic.
It is not just for hunting purposes as some suggest.
You have the right to defend yourself with fire arms against your own government, if needed.
I wish i had that right in my country.

That's great you have an open mind. This discussion has taken place throughout my middle and high school years, as well as college and everywhere else come to think of it. The Second Amendment ensures the People's individual right to be armed will be respected and secure against tyranny, invasions and crime.

For me, I think the most important aspect is that it guarantees the rest of the amendments in the Bill of Rights. What's next after this, Freedom of Speech? Easy as pie. I understand that most people have grown comfortable with government (or at least trying to), but we have to be aware.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
This tired old argument again.

Its a discussion board. People discuss things and come from all over the world to do so.

In doing so they express their opinions

If you want a dictatorship where everyone is forced to shut up and just agree with you get a blog and delete any comments you don't like.

Otherwise accept the nature of a global discussion.

The world is not the USA. The USA is part of the world.

Yeah way to miss the point. I welcome view points from around the world....agree or not...doesn't matter to me...thats not the point of this thread at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
Why would they teach the US amendments worldwide?

Just proves a point that you've been taught that the US is the only significant country in the world.

To be honest mate, we don't really care.

Are you jealous here in Britain we are not scared of the world outside our door that we have to carry an assault rifle to get the morning paper

Completely agree. America is just one country out of hundreds with most citizens never setting foot outside.

nuff said.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
jelous of what ?

most nations have a standing army, so the need for a well regulated and well armed milita for national defense is an antiquated idea at best.

yes I know about the swiss, but equador doesn't get involved in too many wars these days either

if you want to get all apoplectic about tyranny, tell me how many guns US citizens have vs the US active military, and what types of weapons the tyrants could use on us

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They are not jealous they have a progressive mindset that is caused by many years of apathy and fear. Misery loves company and progressives want a world filled with misery.

Progressives have lied and used fear all over the world and guess what it works. The only thing stopping them in the US is the 2nd. They know that at some point they will have to try and use fear and apathy to tear this last wall down to really take complete control of everything.

I think they will just wait and use the next generation to really take control. Look at the younger generations and think to yourself do they really understand what freedom and personal rights are.

I often laugh at people in other countries pushing anti-gun crap. The ironic part is the 2nd is the only thing keeping them from being slaves also. They are just to short sighted to see. And I bet many of them also believe in the NWO that is the funniest part. What do you think TPTB really have in mind for a world unarmed?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

most nations have a standing army, so the need for a well regulated and well armed milita for national defense is an antiquated idea at best.

No other nation has the 2nd amendment as well

if you want to get all apoplectic about tyranny, tell me how many guns US citizens have vs the US active military, and what types of weapons the tyrants could use on us

Lets see...rough numbers.....over 80 million gun owners
Military around 3 million people....huge number differance

Once upon a time a group of people.mostly farmers...stood against the greatest army in the world. Out numbered, out trained....they came for the guns of those people....and as a result..America was born

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

And that explains all the intrest in our 2nd amendment how?

Not once have I said America is better or worse than any other nation on earth...but it seems perhaps that so many from around the world are so strongly against the 2nd...that perhaps they are jealous of our rights and want us to lose them..

Me owning a gun here does not affect anyone in the UK, and yet I have been called names and insulted because I do

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join