It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pineal gland and your gut feelings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Is our 2nd brain really located in our digestive tract?

2nd

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
What second brain?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I totally thought this was going to be some awesome original post when I was entering.

Dangit!

-edit- I believe in gut feelings and it does make sense that some chemical is dispensed to give us certain feelings, possibly produced by the subconscious.
edit on 1/10/2013 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The pineal gland is located in the brain and is also called the "Third Eye." What is this second brain you are referring to?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
i think our gut feeling is something primal that helped us survive before we could communicate..its probably what animals feel, call it instinct..mine is seldom wrong and probably saved my life
edit on 10-1-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cry93

You are referring to the spleen, closer to the navel. That is usually where I get the 'thought' of whether the card will be Red or Black.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I get it now
But I think you're comparing the word "Gut" to closely with stomach here. I always thought a gut feeling came from the deepest core of me not necessarily in my digestive system.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
To the OP, you are correct that when we get intuition from our gut. The reason is because of the chakra that is associated with the gut is the navel chakra which is the predominant chakra in most people as this is the power and drive chakra.

The 3rd eye chakra which is associated with the pineal gland is the most intuitive but is quite often under-devoloped in most people so they revert to the chakra which gives them the most intuition. This is more often than not the navel chakra.

The navel chakra is the chakra you would mostly use in social situations for getting a feeling off someone or something.

edit on 10-1-2013 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i think cry93 is referring to the ‘solar plexus’ - or ‘city of jewels’ as it is also called

to doubt and suppress messages from this ‘chakra’ is to kill gut-feelings in the long run

this vortex of energy in our stomach area gives us intuitive and inner powers, emotional balance, stability and understanding of life

reply to post by mclarenmp4

The 3rd eye chakra which is associated with the pineal gland is the most intuitive but is quite often under-devoloped in most people so they revert to the chakra which gives them the most intuition. This is more often than not the navel chakra.

so you're saying it is kind of the 'third brain' ?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by applecore
i think cry93 is referring to the ‘solar plexus’ - or ‘city of jewels’ as it is also called

to doubt and suppress messages from this ‘chakra’ is to kill gut-feelings in the long run

this vortex of energy in our stomach area gives us intuitive and inner powers, emotional balance, stability and understanding of life

The navel chakra is also known as the solar plexus chakra just wanted to point that out so people knew we were talking about the same chakra.

Originally posted by applecore
so you're saying it is kind of the 'third brain' ?

Not sure I get what you mean? Pretty much saying the same as you just did.
edit on 10-1-2013 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Pineal gland has nothing to do with guts. Unless I misunderstood - please explain.

Those 'gut feelings' you talk of our not thoughts like you would have in a brain. And the pineal gland is a spiritual connection, the seat of our life experiences. Intuition, empathy....

We have no second brain - or am I reading you too literally?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The "Second Brain" is a term that scientist Michael Gershon used to describe the gut area of the body and his experiments did show that (at least in mice) the gut can function adequately despite cutting the neural connection between spine (brain) and gut. From this he concluded that the neural mass in the gut must constitute an independent cognitive center (a brain) and thus calls it the Second Brain (you can also find his book on Amazon called "The Second Brain"). So this is revolutionary to begin having an image of humanity with two brains. Science is just starting to pick up his revolutionary discovery and explore it as a real possibility. Europe has some interesting studies going on now looking at how medical doctors should use their gut feelings in diagnosis and how reliable these feelings are even when the medical data their heads are using are leading them in a different direction.

As for gut feelings and the question of are they truly in the gut? I say yes after 40 years of counseling people and doing research on gut feelings, my own findings are that our gut holds our two core instinctual needs of keeping in balance both acceptance (attention) and control (freedom) and we feel empty when these needs are not met or too far out of balance and full when they are. You can think of it like a gas gauge in your gut and your head brain can effect it but can not really control it. Best for your health and well-being when the two brains work together. Here is more on this second brain gut feelings in a blog I have on this subject: instinctualgutfeelings.blogspot.com...
edit on 10-1-2013 by MarthaLove because: grammar edited

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Is our 2nd brain really located in our digestive tract?

2nd

reply to post by cry93

Enteric nervous system
is there

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry for the post and run. I'd forgotten about this thread until a couple nights ago but didn't have so much time to respond.

The previous post is going with exactly where I was starting. The enteric nervous system houses a large amount of the body's serotonin, the body's precursor to melatonin. Other neurotransmitters are located within this system, too.

There has to be a connection between pineal gland and the enteric nervous system. I made a loose connection a few weeks back and wondered if anyone has done more research?

top topics

join