It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what if Iran gets a nuke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Given that so many other 'non evil' countries have nukes, and an f-ton of them I think it's fair enough if a sovereign country wants to build one for defense. Chances are it's just going to sit there to make the people feel safe and good about their country. India and Pakistan parade their missiles on national days as do many other countries. Same thing, they'll parade this around. Shouldn't 'non evil' countries worry about what's going on in their own countries rather than meddle in the business of other countries. Tehran is an actual city with actual people going about their days with normal human problems. Rather than demonising the people and creating a ruckus about 'ooooh they're getting a bomb, they're going to blow things up' stand back and have a look at what Muhamadinajad actually has to say and stop believing conjecture created to distract and strike fear against a land somewhere over there where people design clothes, ski, write poetry, walk their dogs etc.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Mutually assured destruction exist for a reason. I personally don't see why Iran can't have a nuke if nearly every other country on earth can. The point is they won't use it, unless they want their entire country destroyed. The other argument is that they are terrorist by nature & don't mind sacrificing themselves to wipe out Israel.

I still doubt this. I don't think Ahmadinejad is insane, nor would he have his nation decimated just to enact mass murder upon others. The Iranian people would never consent to such an action either. It's more likely that a random terrorist group non-affiliated with a government would even consider such a thing.

Another factor here is whether or not their warhead can reach Israel or the US. Considering we have a very well-guarded airspace it's likely that the missile would be intercepted.

So, what if Iran got a nuke? Virtually nothing.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Exactly, but I fear that based off the media frenzy they'll get further sanctions imposed and Amurrca will go do it's thing and that'll create more problems. Unless of course they go and use their new tactics of sending in 'rebels'. Mm watching him speak, I don't think he's insane either.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, among other things if Iran is confirmed or proves with a test that they have a nuclear warhead then their credibility is pretty much mud on everything for a long time to come. What other nations have lied about is irrelevant. The Ayatollah himself and in his role AS that has stated they are not making and do not want warheads.

At the same time, even they make no bones about the fact Parchin is a nuclear military facility and in fact, use that as the basis for it being off limits to the IAEA. It's military status, that is. I'm guessing they're working on EMP tech if anything. The *ULTIMATE* equalizer for 3rd world nations and that would be about like their creativity.

If it would be traditional nuclear warheads though... I think war would be almost immediate upon absolute proof unless it came with proof of MANY more ready to use but NOT being used. It'd be a really tricky thing IMO ...but credibility would be ruined no matter how it turned out.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Mutually assured destruction exist for a reason. I personally don't see why Iran can't have a nuke if nearly every other country on earth can. The point is they won't use it, unless they want their entire country destroyed. The other argument is that they are terrorist by nature & don't mind sacrificing themselves to wipe out Israel.

I still doubt this. I don't think Ahmadinejad is insane, nor would he have his nation decimated just to enact mass murder upon others. The Iranian people would never consent to such an action either. It's more likely that a random terrorist group non-affiliated with a government would even consider such a thing.

Another factor here is whether or not their warhead can reach Israel or the US. Considering we have a very well-guarded airspace it's likely that the missile would be intercepted.

So, what if Iran got a nuke? Virtually nothing.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

I am going to say what I believe a Israeli would say to your post.

That's easy for you to say you live in New Zealand!!!!

Oop's meant that for the O/P

edit on 9-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I don't live in New Zealand... I would like to though lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Well unfortunately we don't have much of a say in the matter. The Obama administration will impose (or remove) sanctions regardless of our views; the media will go on a propaganda frenzy, taking quotes out of context & asserting Iranians are self-destructive. The war profiteers will look for any avenue to incite another war or invade.

Iran is in a very tight spot, and in some ways I sympathize with their people. We're all sick of the wars & propaganda.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So what? That's a rather flippant attitude to have about nukes and your cookie cutter reasons certainly don't justify it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Oop's Meant that for the O/P

top topics

join