It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for people that live in the USA

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I have some questions. To the OP, would you like foreigners telling you what to do in your own country? I mean, no offense, but that is just a no- brainer. What we do here is our business. Period. Yes it affects a lot of other countries too, but tough luck. Foreigners, mind your own business. It's called national sovereignty.

Exactly my point. Everyone should mind their own business, unless you want to be critical of a country that isn't yours.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by jhn7537

Have you answered the original question yet? If not, how is it going to evolve. Plus, we all know where this is going to wind up. With people on one side saying Iran is going to build a bomb, that they are, that they will use it. With the other side saying that they haven't built one, have no plans to and won't use it as that would be foolish. Check out the 2 - 6 pages.

Edit: I'm trying to keep it on topic. There are plenty of Iran threads if you want to discuss other issues, or start your own thread.

edit on 10-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Well, to be fair, your question had a big assumption lumped right in the middle of it like all americans are acting the way you present in that question. Make blanket statements much? From that point you lost your audience because you decided to lump everyone together as feeling a certain way on a certain subject when that isn't entirely true.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

We get what you tried to do. While saying you were not trying to compare a domestic policy to a country arming itself with nuclear weapons....there's a distinct difference you purposely ignore to try to further your own ideology and point. You're not interested in the answers nor in opposing points of view. You wanted to drive your point home. The problem here, is that foreigners telling Americans they should not exercise their domestic right to bare arms, is different than countries (Like the United States of America) opposing a radical religious ideologically extremist group arming itself with weapons capable and attained for the purpose of attacking other countries that do not believe in the same god or prophets as they do.

Right, I understand that you are close to understanding. Where you are confusing yourself though is that you are assuming that Iran is building a nuclear weapon. Take away that assumption and redo your answer.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Here is a serious answer:

The same right people claim to ban guns is the same reason to ban an Iran nuke but then again it is an apples to oranges comparison.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
the day an american can posses a weapon that can kill a million people instantly is the day hell freezes over

nuclear weapons and guns aren't even the same technology to compare with.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Well, to be fair, your question had a big assumption lumped right in the middle of it like all americans are acting the way you present in that question. Make blanket statements much? From that point you lost your audience because you decided to lump everyone together as feeling a certain way on a certain subject when that isn't entirely true.

Not true. Read the thread before making silly accusations. I have said, repeatedly, that I have witnessed ATS members being critical of other countries and trying to tell them how they should act, while at the same time getting quite angry at people of other countries for telling them they need more gun control. I have explained myself many times to people that don't get it, and they usually have nothing more to say...on topic anyways.

link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

We understand your question just fine

Your words and posts say otherwise.

American citizens judging Iran,

You haven't seen any threads on ATS?

It has nothing whatever to do with our 2nd Amendment rights.

You're right. I explained that to you two or three times already. Glad to see you're caught up.

No, Im sorry, you were the one to bring in American hand guns if I'm not mistaken. Do I need to go back to the beginning of the thread to find it?
Well, do you think I have seen every thread on ATS? There are tons of liberals here so it is likely you will get a lot of ATS supporting Iran's right to do whatever as long as it doesn't involve murdering innocent students or holding Americans hostage.
I have not seen anyone judging Iran, but who wants to be on the receiving end of some nukes by a rogue State? Yes Iran made comments about Isreal. Should we ignore it? Well the UN Security Council did not ignore. So, if you have seen anything here that otherwise criticizes Iran unfairly, please go ahead and post the links to the threads. American guns do not harm people abroad, as some here have already said, but Iranian nukes pointed at other nations are definitely an Intl issue.

I thought the Arms race was supposed to be over when the Berlin Wall came down, so why add more to the puzzle? Why is the liberal nuclear freeze movement silent on the issue of Iranian nuclear capability? Why isn't Iran pursuing Thorium instead of enriched Uranium? Shouldn't these questions be asked and answered?

link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
the day an american can posses a weapon that can kill a million people instantly is the day hell freezes over

nuclear weapons and guns aren't even the same technology to compare with.

No one said they were....seriously...this is just getting embarrassing for you guys...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jhn7537

Not true. Read the thread before making silly accusations. I have said, repeatedly, that I have witnessed ATS members being critical of other countries and trying to tell them how they should act, while at the same time getting quite angry at people of other countries for telling them they need more gun control. I have explained myself many times to people that don't get it, and they usually have nothing more to say...on topic anyways.

I don't need to read the whole thread, I read your OP like you asked me to do and responded... Just cause you decided to backtrack doesnt make it all fair game now

link   
I'm not American, so I'm sorry if my opinion is not moot.

It's my opinion that Americans should be allowed to have their guns, and that Iranians should be allowed to have nuclear weapons. If any criminals take advantage of either situation, than they will deal with the consequences and the full extent of the law.

link   
Serious questions....

- Are you a practicing Muslim or of Arabic ancestry?

- Do you also sympathize with the Palestinians who strap bombs to their chest, blow themselves up in crowded Jewish markets (Killing women & children) & then complain that they are being oppressed and "caged in"?

link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Your entire post had nothing to do with this thread. Are you sure you are posting in the right area?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No.

No. I have no sympathy for anyone that kills innocent people.
Relevance?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
I'm not American, so I'm sorry if my opinion is not moot.

It's my opinion that Americans should be allowed to have their guns, and that Iranians should be allowed to have nuclear weapons. If any criminals take advantage of either situation, than they will deal with the consequences and the full extent of the law.

Don't worry, you answered a question that the last 2 or 3 pages of people couldn't even see. You are well ahead of the curve.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just because a handful of ATS members are critical of foreigners commenting on domestic issues doesn't mean everyone feels that way. The US is very divided on a lot of topics. You should know this by now...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Right, I understand that you are close to understanding. Where you are confusing yourself though is that you are assuming that Iran is building a nuclear weapon. Take away that assumption and redo your answer.

It's that very attitude that got us all involved in WWII to begin with. Had Britain dealt with Germany the war could have been much less bloody and much shorter. Go ahead and hide your head in the sand, but that does not mean that Iran is not actively seeking a nuke. And when they get one, watch out. Don't think the Iranians won't use it on your country either.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by jhn7537

I don't need to read the whole thread, I read your OP like you asked me to do and responded... Just cause you decided to backtrack doesnt make it all fair game now

So the terms "quite a few people" and "some" is a blanket statement about all Americans?

link   

trying to tell them how they should act

So you just hate Americans, is that it? Did you see the thread about Piers Morgan telling Americans to let the govt ban guns here? Is Piers Morgan a US citizen or a foreign national telling us what to do? Americans apparently signed a petition to deport his butte out in response to his meddling.
What else have Americans told foreign countries to do? Oh wait, though I don't like Barack's policies in general, I guess he did tell the Libyans not to bomb their own people. Most Conservatives weren't on board with that even. We did sort of tell people to not hijack our planes and fly them into tall buildings here.

link   

Originally posted by chrome413

It's that very attitude that got us all involved in WWII to begin with. Had Britain dealt with Germany the war could have been much less bloody and much shorter. Go ahead and hide your head in the sand, but that does not mean that Iran is not actively seeking a nuke. And when they get one, watch out. Don't think the Iranians won't use it on your country either.

That's not what this thread is about....gawd, the world is in so much trouble if this level of intellect is going to be running it...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Then why are you directing this question to people that live in USA????? Why not the few you speak of?

Check your title before responding so fast...
edit on 10-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join