It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Touts over 333,000 Babies Aborted in 2011

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You can walk right into a store and buy a pack of condoms. They're not even expensive. How much easier does birth control really need to be? No tax payers don't need to fit the bill for every woman (or man for that matter) that asks for free birth control.

What the hell ever happened to taking some responsibility for yourself?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
reply to post by windword

You can walk right into a store and buy a pack of condoms. They're not even expensive. How much easier does birth control really need to be?

right because condoms always work and never break, no one has ever gotten pregnant using a condom

What about women who are raped?? Should they be forced to carry that child??

What about when the mothers life is at risk?? Do you seriously believe that abortion, no matter the reason why it's done is wrong??

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

So not only are women above the law in terms of murder, and not only do I need to pay for them to abort their child, but now I have to pay for their birth control too?

You liberals man, I just don't know. GIMME GIMME GIMME isn't it? Seriously, how much is enough?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

So not only are women above the law in terms of murder, and not only do I need to pay for them to abort their child, but now I have to pay for their birth control too?

You liberals man, I just don't know. GIMME GIMME GIMME isn't it? Seriously, how much is enough?

answer the question I asked and I will respond.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Where did I ever say that women should be forced to risk their life to follow through with birth? Stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

Where did I ever say that women should be forced to risk their life to follow through with birth? Stop putting words in my mouth.

what about in cases of rape?? I like how you pick and choose which questions to answer. As for putting words in peoples mouths.... When did I ever say you should pay for birth control, abortions, or anything else?? You automatically assume I'm a liberal.... which I'm not, I just don't believe that the govt. has any right to tell me what I can and can not do with my body, sort of like they have no right to enact gun control, these beliefs actually make me a republican. I find it hilarious that republicans (as a whole I don't know what party you identify with) are so quick to call for no govt control on issues they want but want govt control on things they don't agree with (abortion, gay marriage) this is why the republican party is becoming a shame, if your party stands for less govt control of things it should be of all things not just those you agree with. Also religion has no business in politics, thats the reason for separation of church and state. I believe abortion should be legal, up until a certain point of course. Because it's not the place of the govt to control what people do with their bodies.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

I agree, it's not anyone's right to tell you what to do with your body. The problem is, we're not talking about just your body. We're talking about another body that you didn't place in your body on your own. A second body that has a right to life. But I have a question, have you ever tried to adopt a child? Do you know what kind of waiting lists there are to adopt children? How many people that would pay you to go through with that birth?

I will answer your other question as it was not my intention to "pick and choose". I just want to know why it's the child's fault the father was scum? I want to know why you punish the child and not the rapist? How about we start teaching women how to defend themselves? If rape is such an issue, then it should not be abortion that is being taught to women, but self defense. Let's empower women with something that actually matters.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by RN311

I agree, it's not anyone's right to tell you what to do with your body. The problem is, we're not talking about just your body. We're talking about another body that you didn't place in your body on your own. A second body that has a right to life.

actually you are just talking about my body. Thats why it's a women's choice.

But I have a question, have you ever tried to adopt a child? Do you know what kind of waiting lists there are to adopt children? How many people that would pay you to go through with that birth?

Yet there are thousands of children in foster homes and group homes that no one wants to adopt because everyone wants a baby. Lots of women do choose to go the route.

I will answer your other question as it was not my intention to "pick and choose". I just want to know why it's the child's fault the father was scum? I want to know why you punish the child and not the rapist? How about we start teaching women how to defend themselves? If rape is such an issue, then it should not be abortion that is being taught to women, but self defense. Let's empower women with something that actually matters.

It's not a child yet!! It's a fetus, most women are given the "morning after pill" when/ if they come to e.r. after being raped, at that point there's not even a fetus so I don't consider this an abortion

self defense only goes so far when you have someone twice your size coming after you.

Are you a women?? Have you ever been pregnant and given birth??

the changes a women's body goes through during pregnancy and birth last forever, your body is never the same after, If a women doesn't want to go through those changes for whatever reason they shouldn't be forced to especially at the hands of a rapist.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Brainwaves dont appear before 5th month, so abortion is no more murder than contraception is, IMHO. Thus I dont care what the number is.

reply to post by Vidpci

Man kicks pregnant woman in the stomach, gets charged with murder.
Woman walks into a clinic and aborts that same child, proud of her actions, not charged with murder.

Yes, this is an obvious double standard. It should only be an assault on the woman before an abortion limit. Indeed, foetal homicide laws tend to depend on trimester, however they are often not harmonised with abortion legislation.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vidpci

I am not calling you the bad guy and I don't think anything that I said should cause you to self denigrate. I do notice that you seem to have a strong opinion and though my questions in previous posts could be taken as rhetorical, I can assure you that they were not. Since you started this thread by stating information painted with a broad stroke and then shortly thereafter stated that you didn't want to start an abortion debate, I was under the assumption that you wanted, at least, to have an open dialogue and try to expand your ideas on the given topic.

If you don't, then that's your loss. If you do, I would hope that you could perhaps tell me precisely where you are willing to take your line of thinking; just how far are you willing to go? I urge you to look back through my posts and take note of the questions I asked. I was asking from a genuine interest in knowing. Please, do me the favour by indulging my curiosity.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join