It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upside Down Flag...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

...it was intended to fly is an insult to those things you said you'd never insult.

Please tell me you see a problem with this election... How many canidates are there? Can you even answer that? Do you not see a fascist 2 party corporation leading our nation? Do you really feel your vote will count? Do you not see the combination of war and economics that began in this country after WWII? Do you not see people profiteering off death, destruction, and chaos in other parts of the world? Our defense contractors need war to survive and they are one of the largest "big business/special interest" groups. Hundreds of billions flow through that industry which will not exist without conflict. We as a people can only ignore this for so long... Eventually every one of us will be effected by the MIC in a negitive way even though most seem to be profiting at the moment.

So in response to your thing flying that flag is offensive to those whom I speak of... I think not. It doesn't offend me and I am a veteran. It means our nation is in distress. Not all enemies are foreign, some our within our own government. My flag will be turned over only when I see our nation out of harms way and moving in a progressive direction. I hope to this this in my life time.

And to all of you that keep talking about burning the flag... START YOUR OWN DAMN POST please.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, I can't say I agree with your point of view, but I can surely respect it.

I personally do not care for the two-party government we have in the U.S. It seems to go against everything this country was founded on.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by USTerrain
do not care for the two-party government

Really? Strange, because the Founders seemed to have set it up to be a two party system. It also seems to be moderately more 'decisive' than a parliamentary system, although I notice most countries (outside of the US and the South American democracies) tend to support the parliamentary system.

<< 1   >>

join