It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Robert Levinson Photos seem fishy...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The family of kidnapped former FBI agent Robert Levinson released a series of photos that were anonymously sent to them. US Intelligence sources indicate that the photos were almost certainly done by Iranian intelligence and that Levinson is most likely in an Iranian secret prison.

AP Story

In March 2007, the FBI posted a reward for information about the kidnapping with a computerized depiction of what Levinson may look like after being held for 5 years.

FBI Reward Notice: Robert Levinson

Here is the 2007 FBI Computer Image compared to one of the photos released by the family this week:

The match between the 2007 computer generated photo and the real life photo are too close for comfort. It looks like one was generated based on the other. The family hasn't said when they received the photos, so my guess is the FBI used this photo to create the 2007 reward notice and just called it a "computer generated" photo when in fact is was the real thing. That seems the most logical explanation, right?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah that is way to close for computer generated. they just darkened up the hair made him a bit skinnier and changed the clothes. So why would they say it was computer generated when its not. They are hiding something!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
His hair and beard are different....slightly in both pictures, that's how his hair naturally grows, and is wavy like that on the top.

Maybe they were not taken 4 years apart.

He looks the same weight because in the left picture he is wearing an under shirt, a button down, and a suit jacket...rather bulky to get his shoulders bigger. The photo on the right is him in 1 think jumpsuit, smaller shoulders.

One more thing, the camera on the left is a crappy photo and little to no lighting that makes his beard to look darker.

edit on 9-1-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
all of these photos were released back in 07, only now have they been released to the public...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SKMDC1

also like i just said the family received the photos back in 07 and they received a video in 2010 of "proof of life"

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Would one not expect a computer generated image to look close to what he does actually look like.

Let’s face it the two images are slightly different the bead does not look quite right in the computer generated image and the hair does not look as long although it does seem to have grown in the same way.

I have to disagree with the OP, these are two different photos.

What is interesting is that it took the family so long to make them public.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They are the same photo. Cross your eyes until each face hovers over the others face.
Dude. I'm not kidding.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

they were probably told something along the lines of "We've been gathering highly classified intelligence, and it would be in your best interest to keep your mouth shut." sounds suitable right?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The hair is identical. It is either the same photo or taken in the same photoshoot. The only reason it looks a bit different in places is because the left photo had a really quick background removal and some of the hair edges were clonestamped (edited) out with the background.
edit on 9-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: to clarify.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
looks like the pictures are pretty close to one another from looking at some of the hair features.

Are they saying these photos are not the same or from different time frames? If so, I would say that it s pretty amazing that some of the things I circled below would be that close to one another if taken on different days.

here is the link if someone wants to resize: img802.imageshack.us...

edit on 9-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There is no way this isn't purposeful lie with him wearing different cloths in each image.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've seen better work with the "paint" program on Windows... lol just saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
Are they saying these photos are not the same or from different time frames?

They are saying one photo isn't even a photo, but a computer generated image after a virtual aging program altered a younger photo of him. In my mind, that's not possible. I did make a mistake in my original posting and in the label on the image. I misunderstood an important fact. The "computerized depiction" on the left was not necessarily released as far back as 2007. It appears to have been released at least after 2010 when the "proof of life" video was discovered. So, I think the answer is clear...

The FBI had these jumpsuit photos, and so did the family, but they didn't release them to the public because they didn't want to give the bad guys what they wanted (embarassing photos of a kidnapped American) but they wanted an accurate image of Levinson out there to help get information on his whereabouts if someone saw him. So... they doctored up one of the real photos with different clothes and called it a "computerized depiction" and released it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's also odd that he is wearing brand new chains that are just wrapped around like they are there for effect and he is wearing brand new, spotless prison garb. It's like they couldn't use American made hand cuffs for the photoshoot so they ran down to the hardware store and bought $5.00 worth of chain.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Do kidnappers issue standard orange prison uniforms? Does anybody know what the CIA has on hand for their prisoners wear?
edit on 9-1-2013 by dainoyfb because: I added second sentence.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

diaper and then jump suit over it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

That jumpsuit?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
it may not be that "exact" jumpsuit but something very similar to that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
His fingers are perfectly manicured. There isn't a spec of grime under those nails. This reads like a cheap Halloween costume.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's what i'm saying its something very similar to that. For all we know it could be a new suit... But we'll never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join