It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pupil Hernandez, who refused to wear RFID, loses appeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This was just on the BBC News website.

Link

It's regarding the student who refused to wear the RFID tracking chip at her school for religious reasons, claiming it to be the mark of the beast.
She has now lost her court case and has to wear it or find a new school !

Looks like this tech will be forced upon us regardless of how we feel or personal beliefs.

Privacy it would appear is going out the window

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Isolation

The RFIDs are redundant as far as tracking attendance anyway. Want to skip school without getting caught? Send chipped ID card to school with one of your friends! It's simply a money making scheme for the school district. In our district students have to wear IDs around their necks and get checked for them during second period classes each day. The school district is making a fortune, because if a student does not have their ID they are immediately issued a new one which is charges to their ID number. They cannot get report cards, new school schedule or diploma (if graduating) until these charges are paid in full. Last year a friend of mine had to pay $68 to get his son's report card. Imagine how much more expensive when they start using the chipped cards!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
.... and a thousand rationalizations will come to define it. Yeah.. being chipped will come in such obvious and self evident ways for need and convenience. That was predicted well before the technology existed to make it more than a baseless paranoid fear.

I wonder how long before the next logical step is suggested and rather than a bracelet so easily worn out, lost or stolen ...a single integrated RFID or other similar chip just under the skin is the idea?

There are lines that some won't cross... Ever.. for any reason. Ever. That's one of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Isolation

The RFIDs are redundant as far as tracking attendance anyway. Want to skip school without getting caught? Send chipped ID card to school with one of your friends! It's simply a money making scheme for the school district. In our district students have to wear IDs around their necks and get checked for them during second period classes each day. The school district is making a fortune, because if a student does not have their ID they are immediately issued a new one which is charges to their ID number. They cannot get report cards, new school schedule or diploma (if graduating) until these charges are paid in full. Last year a friend of mine had to pay $68 to get his son's report card. Imagine how much more expensive when they start using the chipped cards!

Unfortunately this is not just a money making scheme although making money is part of it.

It's gradual acclimatisation for eventual under the skin chipping.

I was previously really hopeful this would get overturned because of the ludicrousness of it. Things are worse than expected. This kid just needs to keep breaking them, either with a hammer or with a microwave oven. This is what I will be frced to do with my new passport that will also have RFID.

To wrabbit. I agree, this is a line in the sand that I will not cross.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Rule of the school, bring you RF ID chip card to school or get the F*** out.

Go to a school where the will take "mark of beast" BS seriously.. like a religious school.

Should we let Sikhs bring knife to school? its part of their religion.

Should be glad the school is not INJECTING her with a RFID chip.

There is also advantages to RF ID chips for school students... kidnapping comes to mind, if the kidnapper does not know her school card has a RF ID chip..

"Please please find my kid"
edit on 1/9/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Rule of the school, bring you RF ID chip card to school or get the F*** out.

Go to a school where the will take "mark of beast" BS seriously.. like a religious school.

Should we let Sikhs bring knife to school? its part of their religion.

Should be glad the school is not INJECTING her with a RFID chip.

There is also advantages to RF ID chips for school students... kidnapping comes to mind, if the kidnapper does not know her school card has a RF ID chip..

"Please please find my kid"
edit on 1/9/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Hey, that's a really great attitude.

I guess you will be first in line for an internal chip when its mandatory.

These sorts of requirements are BS of the highest order. And incremental fascism is par for the course.

I agree with those that suggest destroying the bracelet each and every day.

It begs the question why so many in that school are for this rubbish. They should all refuse to wear them. What is the school going to do, kick them all out ?

edit on 9-1-2013 by AdamOver because: spelling errors.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamOver

It begs the question why so many in that school are for this rubbish. They should all refuse to wear them. What is the school going to do, kick them all out ?

Why ? because most of the people are sheep and just don't care.

The school tell the parents its for kids security...so it's ok and these days, parents have other's more important things to do, like working to pay all the credit cards debts they have...

And the kids, i don't know, they are so spineless...no spirit of questionning things, they just do and accept like perfect nwo slaves...

And no if they all refuse to wear them the school is not going to kick them all out, but again the herd mentality prevail and only a few are willing to do something about it and TPTB win.

It's alway like that...i'm so mad

edit on 9/1/2013 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join