It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here are some high resolution mosaics and panoramas from the Curiosity rover on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Those are exactly what I was referring to in my previous post. One material somehow encapsulated in another.
First glance makes me think of The way Flowstone in a cave will slowly deposit over other materials. using the other material as a nucleus. On the other hand, maybe a high temperature thing, and one mineral sweated out and solidified before others. Some of the most interesting pics so far though..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Those are exactly what I was referring to in my previous post. One material somehow encapsulated in another.
First glance makes me think of The way Flowstone in a cave will slowly deposit over other materials. using the other material as a nucleus. On the other hand, maybe a high temperature thing, and one mineral sweated out and solidified before others. Some of the most interesting pics so far though..

Right? I love that camera.
But this is interesting...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Another MAHLI just popped up. Such a cool image:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The turret at the end of the rover arm at work. Animated GIF:

makeagif.com...

From today - Sol 155 - Front HazCam.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If there's no interest in this thread, then I'm not going to waste my energy "carbon copying" my posts.

Facebook is the only place I will keep posting. To those that still love Mars, you can follow me on there.

I forgot I am at a conspiracy site. People probably think I work for The Man or something.

So, /thread.

Peace.
edit on 1/12/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
If there's no interest in this thread, then I'm not going to waste my energy "carbon copying" my posts.

Facebook is the only place I will keep posting. To those that still love Mars, you can follow me on there.

I forgot I am at a conspiracy site. People probably think I work for The Man or something.

So, /thread.

Peace.

Nooooo, come back....at least please post some links to your newest pics on this thead from time to time. I don't do facebook, and I'll keep watch on this one. Nice work overall, and thanks again.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What do you want, a medal?

If your idea was to get many people posting on this thread you should have titled it something like "Definite proof!!! Mars seen as never before!!!", with some upper case words (or all the title) for more "impact".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

So, /thread.

Peace.

Nooooo, come back....at least please post some links to your newest pics on this thead from time to time. I don't do facebook, and I'll keep watch on this one. Nice work overall, and thanks again.

Just follow it on FB. You don't even have to be a member. It's public.

ArMap - Yeah, right. Sensational headline would have done it.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Will it be ok if others post their Curiosity panoramas here?

Here's mine from Sol 16, after the rover drove a few meters from its landing site. There are some nice tracks and blast marks visible in the soil. photosynth.net...

One thing I really wish for is that they take a panorama or a mosaic using the MAHLI camera (the one that was used for the self-portrait). It provides wide-angle, white-balanced images that look very natural and pleasing to the eye.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Will it be ok if others post their Curiosity panoramas here?

Sure! I, myself, am abandoning thread. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I had a go at compositing the famous "self-portrait" from the MAHLI images from Sol 84: photosynth.net...

It's not perfect, but it's fun to pan around and explore.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the upload. I'd take a look but it says something about installing a microsoft program on your computer and I'm kind of leery of those. And the OP has left the thread with the engine running and the keys in the ignition, so we might as well joy ride it. The site that he posted his stuff on, gigapan I think, is really interesting. I'd never played on it before, and it has a lot of pics to explore as well as good descriptions of the camera used and the process it works on. Probably everyone here knows about it and the technology except me, so don't be too hard on throwing the darts and mud and, hey, that was a brick!, but this is still a great thread and will continue to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Sorry. I just realized that a conspiracy site is indeed the wrong place for me to post this. I tried last time, and people started foaming at the mouth. I put a lot of hard time and work into things, only to have many of the ATS community being nasty to me for what I saw as just trying to share images. People were calling me all sorts of things. Here I tried again, but it's not worth it.

If no one cares, then no one cares. Many of the people on this site don't even believe we've been to the moon, so...Yeah...

With that said, sorry.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You did the bulk of the work already, so it's here and appreciated by a hearty few. I guess I don't see ATS as just a conspiracy site, but full of information and unique items from many diverse fields. Lately its been focused on gun rights and some other popular things which makes the recent changes thread move quickly. Yet your thread - and the title seems fine, it's what attracted me to it - fits into what I consider "my" ATS. The history, the space data, the deep looks into historical conspiracy theory. Since it's you and I and a couple of others here, please take a look at my Above Top Secret page at uncyclopedia, a satire site I enjoy playing on (Just Google "Above Top Secret" "Uncyclopedia" and it should get you there), and I'll link this thread to that page amongst the other threads I've listed. The site has a Warning page at the start, but is fine to press on into (that page and other things by wikia have made the users actually set up a fork site, but that isn't showing up on search engines as yet).

Mars, and beyond...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the upload. I'd take a look but it says something about installing a microsoft program on your computer and I'm kind of leery of those.

Go for it, it's safe. I prefer Photosynth because it gives you a true 360-degree view, while Gigapan gives you flat images. That "self-portrait" looks really great when you can spin the view around, look "underneath your feet" and even slightly forward of the rover.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Thanks for the upload. I'd take a look but it says something about installing a microsoft program on your computer and I'm kind of leery of those.

Go for it, it's safe. I prefer Photosynth because it gives you a true 360-degree view, while Gigapan gives you flat images. That "self-portrait" looks really great when you can spin the view around, look "underneath your feet" and even slightly forward of the rover.

Only problem with Photosynth is the images can't be large in size. And these images run large. That's why we always see NavCam images (mostly) on Photosynth.

360citiesnet works, but not as good sometimes. There are other places than Photosynth. I just like Gigapan because I can upload uncompressed large images. Even though they come to Earth compressed, I still like to get it out there in the highest resolution possible.

But I agree that Gigapan is flat and it takes away from the whole fun of feeling like you're there. But it's the best compromise I can find in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Only problem with Photosynth is the images can't be large in size. And these images run large. That's why we always see NavCam images (mostly) on Photosynth.

They can't?

I tried it with some Microsoft ICE panoramas and it looks OK.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 14/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Not really. In the not-to-distant past, the Space Exploration forum was about actual space exploration.
In a non-conspiratorial format. it was a place to learn, so people would stop mistaking Venus for a Romulan Vessel Uncloaking. I was enjoying your work. But if you want to take your toys and go home, well...sorry to see them go.
Ya big Bummer.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

They can't?

I tried it with some Microsoft ICE panoramas and it looks OK.

edit on 14/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

You would know.
I thought I tried and the maximum file size was like 30 MB. I don't like to downsample.

Is it not about 30 MB? I'm all ears.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok, try this:

photosynth.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join