It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not a religious person or a believer in God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

muse7, as you stated you are not a religious believer 1 will try to refrain. First 1 wishes your mother the most strength and support you and your family can provide her to comfort her. In relation to your OP.

-I've been trying to brush this off as just a symptom from the shock that I got from learning that my Mother might have pancreatic cancer. -

Sounds like the logical explanation for your fatigue feeling. This does not mean that the LORDS influences were not present why your family was gathering/praying. But the physical feeling you felt may have been related to your above response related to shock.

As 1 who has a mother who deals with illness I know it can get hard and really hope the best for you all. God Bless and stay strong.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Let me begin this thread by saying that I have been an atheist since I was about 15 (23 now)

Now my mother who is 43 and a relatively healthy woman (until now) was rushed into the ER last night and they detected a mass in the head of her pancreas. The Doctor informed us that masses that are detected in the pancreas turn out to be malignant cancers about 80% of the time.

My Mother is a devout Christian and a believer in God as well as almost my entire family except me. Last night a pastor from her church was in the ER room with her and the rest of our family and they decided to do a prayer session in the room. I didn't want to come off as rude person so I obliged to hold hands with all of the people in the room, and as the priest was reading a scripture from his bible I began to feel very weak and light headed.

As the priest continued to read the scripture the weaker and the worst I felt, I seriously thought I was going to pass out. My skin began to feel really cold and I just had to sit down because I felt really bad. As soon as the prayer was over I began to feel better. Ever since last night when it happened, I've been trying to brush this off as just a symptom from the shock that I got from learning that my Mother might have pancreatic cancer. But I'm really not sure.....

That's the first time I have ever felt that way and I haven't felt that way since. I really don't want to sound foolish but could this have been some kind of message? From someone....?

I was an atheist for most of my life and became a believer when I was 24 (29 now). I haven't had what you experienced, but there are a couple possibilities here from the perspective of a believer.

1. It's just the shock like you said. An emotional moment.
2. A very strong emotional experience. There's something about being in a room, holding hands, praying that is powerful for the human. Materialist types will say it's all in the head, but there's always the possibility of something more.
3. Now we're gettin crazy. We all have a spiritual side to us. It's possible that if you've dabbled with drugs, ouiji board, or any kind of occult activity (thinking it's just harmless entertainment) can open up spiritual gateways for demonic attachment and influence. Scripture is defense against these beings. So it's possible that the demonic influence just didn't want to hear it and thus affected you.
4. God allowed you to experience this to explore the possibility that He exists.

I am curious...was the priest reading from the Bible? Is he catholic or just a Christian believer? Because I think Catholic priests, many of them have demonic influence themselves.

Just thoughts off the top of my head.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13

May your dear mom be strengthened in her illness. You may have been drained and tired, but those words authored through the Spirit only did what they were meant to do. The fact that you were willing to stay in the room whilst prayers were made presented an opportunity for those words to sweep over you.

It presents you with two choices: believe those who reject their Creator or believe your Creator. It should be an obvious choice as to who should command your attention.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I always knew you were a heathen.
But then, it takes one to know one.

Seriously though, and this may appear to be slightly off-topic on the surface, but if you think about it a moment...

then, when the level was at its peak, we "released" that healing energy into the atmosphere, with clear directions as to whom it was meant for.

How is that release accomplished, Wild?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Just by raising the hands and letting the accumulated "healing thoughts and energy" go.....

we held hands until the energy was at its peak, then as a group, released it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's the first time I have ever felt that way and I haven't felt that way since. I really don't want to sound foolish but could this have been some kind of message? From someone....?

Either it is a message from someone (thing/force) from without, or a message from within. While I can't rule out God, or something supernatural, it's worth considering something more mundane.

Case specific psychosomatic responses brought on by a stressful/emotional circumstance are common enough. To be honest, I am leaning that way. It really sounds like a prime circumstance for that. (Please note, this does not mean that you are crazy, it just means you were emotionally stressed). Besides if it is a message from God making you feel like crap for not listening/believing/whatever right when your mother is so ill, I don't know if I would want to have much to do with that God, or whatever it was.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What if you are God; Or like Gods.
We just don't know

"It's the separatist nature of this particular world, I think. There is an unawareness that we're all a part of the same energy and even share the same mind on some level."

what if you were God?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

your absolutely right, we are of the whole.

I cal the universe the Father, the almighty big bang.

i am within your head, you are within mine.
Thats why jesus said "I AM in the father, and the Father is in me."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Stop fear mongering recruiting to your truth of what is by making the op scared of the spirit world that you only seem to have second hand information about from a book that from my point of view most people do not understand at all and is meant to be a riddle.

What you call god teaches on different levels here to different students and your teaching do not fit all the souls god is trying to reach. It is not a question of choosing the right or wrong path by choosing a specific religion/dogma to follow.

The connection to the teacher can be very limited/distant or be very intense/loving. It is up to the student and the teacher to choose the level of understanding and connection they are comfortable with.
edit on 8-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Klassified

Just by raising the hands and letting the accumulated "healing thoughts and energy" go.....

we held hands until the energy was at its peak, then as a group, released it.

Any tingling or other physical side effects when you do this?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Oh!
Yes!!

A feeling of euphoria, of accumulated energy and positivity.....
a sublime feeling of helping, and knowing, and an overwhelming sensation that our effort was definitely "accepted and carried out" by whatever unseen forces were there to attend. No "sinister" or "maleficent" tone or shadow or nuance.

Just, all good --

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Oh!
Yes!!

A feeling of euphoria, of accumulated energy and positivity.....
a sublime feeling of helping, and knowing, and an overwhelming sensation that our effort was definitely "accepted and carried out" by whatever unseen forces were there to attend. No "sinister" or "maleficent" tone or shadow or nuance.

Just, all good --

Then you definitly have found a efficient way for you to connect. Thank you for your work.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by sconner755

I'm interested to hear if other people here have had an experience similar to mine.

Part of me wants to brush this off as just a symptom of shock and another part of me thinks this is a message from someone....

It could be......im not a big subscriber to organized religion......but i do believe there there is a consciousness greater then the sum of us all out there......that encompasses all that is........

It can manifest itself in the smallest of things, or call to us in our most troubled times.......sometimes just to let us know , that no matter what happens here....in this time.....in this place......we are a part of something greater, and that this is just a small part of it.......

Perhaps this was a wake up call to you.......perhaps not........i cant say......

I can say that for having many of my family members die......and friends......some right beside me......and actually "feeling" them go........theres no doubt left in my mind that we move on after this place.....

And whatever you believe, whatever religion you subscribe to, its out there , and its as much of us as we are of it......

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I've been trying to brush this off as just a symptom from the shock that I got from learning that my Mother might have pancreatic cancer. But I'm really not sure.....

If you've been trying to brush it off, but it's not working, then don't try to brush it off any longer.

Here's an idea. Call the pastor of your mom's church, ask him if he can meet with you to pray for you and see how you feel. What have you got to lose? You don't even have to tell him why you want to be prayed for. The pastor won't mind at all, regardless of what you believe in.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

This is the 3rd person in my immediate family to get this disease so it sucks :/

So, they prayer vigils are not working out are they?

I chalk up your experience as jumbled emotions at a very sad time shared by everyone.
By the time people break out the prayer vigils, signifies a bad and emotional time that makes a person feel otherworldly and distant and they manifest in the physical.

If things were less stress and sadness inducing, people pray much less and with less conviction.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well lightheadedness and coldness are symptoms that start just before the full onset of '___' or Dimethyltryptamine, which is a chemical that is naturally produced by the brain when we sleep, some scientists and psychologists believe that A) '___' is directly or indirectly involved in dreaming, mystic visions, astral travel, and NDEs and B) That it may be the chemical state that facillitates the movement of the soul in and out of the body. It is released in huge quantities when we are born and when we die. I Have had an experience with '___' before, i didnt leave my body or see any visions, but i did feel incredibly lucid and lightheaded and weak and cold, it was actually quite nice, but i am told that i got the '___' "museum effect" where your body breaks down the chemical before it can have its full effect. Perhaps your brain had a natural release of '___' triggered by "him" and the session ended before it could come to fruition. The fact that you are even asking this is suggesting that you dont feel that you 100% know the answers, and perhaps there is more to life than what you currently perceive, which is a form of humbling yourself to the Lord, you will begin to ask questions and progress further on the path toward spiritual emancipation of consciousness. Perhaps your mother will be completely fine (i certainly do hope so friend) and all this will have come about just to make you think?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So sorry to hear about your mother Muse7, I hope it ends up being something that can be battled and defeated. About 8 years ago I lost my father and something very similair happened to me and I think it was due to shock more then anything else. Things like that seem surreal when they are happening and in my situation it hit me like a ton of bricks and made me sick when my family all around decided to start praying.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds like you were close to fainting, you know like many people do when standing up while getting married, singing in choirs etc

No ghosts or ghouls required.

Best wishes

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
From psychology point of view, we call this moment: catharsis... or using this expression “the penny has dropped” you finally realized the situation that you are and that moment you released the deep emotions repressed and now experience them for real.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It could possibly a spirit attached to you. If not possession.

Why don't you go speak with the preacher, and test yourself, or the spirit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join