It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide, The Thyroid Gland, Fluoride, and The Obesity Conspiracy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Potassium Iodide and Levothyroxin are NOT the same substance. The iodine in Potassium Iodide used by the thyroid gland to manufacture thyroid hormones T3 and T4.

BUT WHEN THE THYROID GLAND IS NOT FUNCTIONING - NO AMOUNT OF IODINE WILL MAKE IT FUNCTION!

Levothryoxin is the actual T4 hormone. When you take the T4 hormone orally, your body changes some of it to T3 hormone on an as needed basis.

Most people who have been diagnosed with a low functioning thyroid gland have also had the gland irridated to stop it from functioning altogether. This allows the doctor to provide a proper dosage of levothyroxin. If the gland is only low functioning, the amount of T3 and T4 hormone it produces is sporadic and inconstant. If you take levothryroxin in this state, you will be subjected to overdoses and underdoses.

Because levothyroxin is the actual human hormone, it has very few side effects when taken in the proper dosage and is very safe to take. People on levothyroxin will need to take the pill until the day they die (or they will die from lack of the T3 / T4 hormone).

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by YogaGinns

www.umm.edu...

This link should answer your question really well. Blueberries in particular are great for the thyroid.

Veritas, that's an interesting recommendation when you think about it. Blueberries are a "blue" fruit. The throat chakra is associated with the colour blue and the thyroid gland is governed by the throat chakra.

I think we've just morphed two threads. Gotta love ATS!

associated link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

S&F. I give you an A for hitting it on the nose. They are using fluoride and bromide to keep us weak and to keep us calmed, it doesn't matter if we are sick, fat, or dead. We are expendable. If we voluntarily take the poison than they are not liable. If no proven evidence by an authorized acredited American Chemical expert exists that proves explicitly that it is harmful then we cannot sue them. The government is broke anyway, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

I have read every article on fluoride I came across since the early seventies. In it's organic form we crave it to keep calm. we know when we have had enough. In the mineral forms our cravings don't work right and we can exceed the amount that calms us and our health will deteriorate. Bromide binds tighter than flouride to the cells. If our kidneys are working properly, the fluoride will exit the body If Iodine does not power things up than the kidneys, which also need Iodine to work, will lower their excretion of fluids. Many chemicals added to foods also are not tested on long term kidney function. Water pills not working to remove water from the body is a sign of kidney problems, upping the water pills which are either chloride or fluoride based will do no good, they can make it worse. I try to identify ways to cure things and not just treat them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Will be watching and drooling a bit...I love this kind of information and read up on it all the time. I just don't have to space in my life, or the confidence really, to create a thread about it all, so thank you again. I seem to be insanely sensitive to additives and certain natural food, and there are some things I never ever touch, like any kind of fizzy drink (totally toxic!). I'm seriously thinking about buying a water filter next. For a few years I lived in a cottage in the middle of nowhere that had it's own private water supply straight from a well that was fed by water running off the hills. I'm not saying it was perfect water, but it was pretty damn close, and most importantly, NOT fluoridated. Since I moved a year and a half ago, I think there has been a definite drop in my mood cycle (not that I'm depressed at all), and a absolute drop in my creative/spiritual life, which worries me more. But then...I'm possibly at the extreme end of sensitive to this stuff, so maybe tiny differences would seem massive to me. I know that most people simply have no idea how much this is all affecting them. Worse....they don't care, which I guess is the whole point.

Hope you get lots of stars and flags. Can't wait for the next thread.

If you want to get a water filter to remove fluoride, get a reverse osmosis filter. Brita, PUR, etc., don't work for that. Reverse Osmosis is the only way. And don't get a whole-house one either, unless you care to waste a LOT of water. While it would be best to cleanse out the shower water, clothes water, etc., the benefits are miniscule for the cost and consumption. Use the RO for drinking water and for cooking. I got mine from Costco, for somewhere around $150. They use 3-5 gallons of water for every "clean" gallon you get, which is why I discourage the whole house. You don't need to burn 5 gallons of water so your poop can swim in fresh, unfluoridated water

Don't know if its been mentioned further on from where I read, but for those who aren't aware, potassium idodide (KI) is a defender against radioactivity (not all, but the worst of the persistent radiation) following q blast or accident. The radiation which is most dangerous dies off in a couple weeks. The radioactive elements which last radioactive for thousands or millions of years - aren't very dangerous. Its those ones with a half-life of 35 years you really need to be concerned about. So, as my aside, read up, and stock up, on KI for a nuclear "just in case." and get the kind you're supposed to take, not the chemistry-experiment kind. Its not necessarily as pure as should be for human consumption.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I almost very much considered adding Boron to this discussion. It is excellent in dealing with arthritis. I use to mix it into my distilled water for detoxing fluoride. Easiest way, is 20 mule team borax. It's 100% pure sodium tetraborate. Thanks for the addition!

I considered doing that , but, I get 3 mg caps from allstar health.com Now Food brand. I can't diy it any cheaper. I take one cap three times a day.
Rheumatoid A, runs in the family. The boron help dissolve the little hard bumps from it.
By the way arthritis is caused by staph and strep pathogens with candida support. The Rife frequencies kill the pathogens. I run the programs for the trio about once a week.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I didn't say they were the same, friend!

But consider this...

Levothyroxine, also L-thyroxine or T4, is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine, which is normally secreted by the follicular cells of the thyroid gland.

en.wikipedia.org...

Then, consider this...

L-Tyrosine - This is an amino acid that is used by the thyroid gland. It works with iodine to activate T3 and T4. L-tyrosine attaches itself to iodine atoms to form the active thyroid hormone. Supplementation with L-tyrosine can assist in better sleep and lowered stress. It also aids in the function of the adrenal and pituitary glands. Recommended amount: 500 mgs

www.naturalthyroidchoices.com...

L-Tyrosine is the natural amino acid that can be used to convert t4 to t3.

he thyroid hormones, triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4), are tyrosine-based hormones produced by the thyroid gland that are primarily responsible for regulation of metabolism. Iodine is necessary for the production of T3 and T4. A deficiency of iodine leads to decreased production of T3 and T4, enlarges the thyroid tissue and will cause the disease known as goitre.

en.wikipedia.org...

You need L-Tyrosine too, not just Iodine. Which is why you are correct, all the Iodine in the world may not always help.

Sorry if there was any confusion in my post.
edit on 8-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

I heard of Rife technologies before in the past, and the concept is not all that far-fetched to me. I understand the basis of the technology. Is it possible for you to U2U me about this?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YogaGinns

reply to post by YogaGinns

www.umm.edu...

This link should answer your question really well. Blueberries in particular are great for the thyroid.

Veritas, that's an interesting recommendation when you think about it. Blueberries are a "blue" fruit. The throat chakra is associated with the colour blue and the thyroid gland is governed by the throat chakra.

I think we've just morphed two threads. Gotta love ATS!

associated link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Namaste,
YogaGinns

That is why I recommended the blueberries, friend!

I can't tell you how many times that color thread has saved my butt, and gave me some great new ideas. It seems the deeper I dig, the more parallels and truths I find to it. Glad you made the connection to go back and check my other thread

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

They don't want a bunch of mentally competent citizens sitting around the kitchen table figuring out how badly they are getting screwed over by a corrupt system, that threw every single one of them overboard to the sharks, about 80 years ago!

Haha I swear this is from George Carlin, but a little different with the word play. It's ok though, I also allude to George and Bill Hicks from time to time.

Anyway, you'll be surprised that 42 out of the major 50 cities in this country have fluoridated water.

It get's weirder. Even small rural towns have fluoridated water. My town currently in Texas has around 100,000 people, and we receive fluoridated water. But good news everyone! College Station voted to not fluoridate their water anymore! This is pure awesomeness to see the home of Texas A&M finally muster up some courage and stick it to the man.

wtaw.com...

It's also always hilarious to hear people say the fluoride comes from natural springs, yes it does, but that's CALCIUM fluoride, not sodium, which is a by product of the aluminium industry.

Calcium fluoride and fluorine are nature’s mineral salts as found in some natural waters, in tea, and other foods. But sodium fluoride comes from aluminum ore, and it is a byproduct of the modern aluminum industry. Unfortunately, sodium fluoride inter-feres with one of our most important neurotransmitters, acetylcho-line.

Acetylcholine is one of the neurotransmitters necessary for the brain to think properly and make muscles work. Without it, we become weak intellectually and physi-cally

At least one of civilization’s manufactured salts wrecks the process. Sodium fluoride is a byproduct of aluminum ore extraction.Ironically, the EPA monitors industry dumping its sodium fluoride garbage into rivers because it can kill fish, but the EPA approves of it as a salt added to our drinking water. In our drinking water,fluoride messes up the thinking process by interfering with acetyl-choline synthesis. Dr. Richard Murray has pointed out that only 1part per million of sodium fluoride in the water we drink or cannedfood we take in that came from a fluoridated source can inhibitacetylcholine synthesis 61%.

-Sodium Fluoride: the Obedience Drug
by Stephan Cooter, Ph.D.

www.arthritistrust.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Haha I swear this is from George Carlin, but a little different with the word play. It's ok though, I also allude to George and Bill Hicks from time to time.

Haha, you got me. George Carlin was the man that opened me up to the reality of the world. From there, I've been a train that just doesn't stop. I felt it necessary to pay homage to him with that allusion; good eye.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread.

So interesting that you post this now, I've been inutitively led to look at iodine for awhile now and have just recently begun taking it. I'm not quite a month into it. I am taking 'Iodine Plus 2'. Have you researched this one? I noticed some changes within a week but not much since then (yet). Will keep everyone posted.

Here's what I'm taking:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Starcrossd

www.1-thyroid.com...

Is what I found so far. It should be fine, just another brand similar to Lugol's Iodine solution.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is so much listed in this information that rings true in my corner of the universe, and I'm so glad I started using sea salt recently. People kept saying "but it's not iodized!" and I kept saying "but it's natural!"

I won't go into how many of those symptoms you listed made me sit up and notice, but I will say that I-- along with an alarming number of women in my acquaintance-- have to take synthroid for hypothyroidism. I've been on it for a long time now. It seemed to just 'happen' to me, the low thyroid hormone output. I always wondered if it had anything to do the nuke plant upwind of us.

I want my food supply left alone. I want my water left alone. I want my air left alone. I want to be able to trust those higher-ups who are making decisions that directly impact my quality of life. Why is it that these things, which are rightfully ours, seem more and more the stuff of fairy tales?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just wanted too chime in, so i can read this in three morning. Flagged. From what i did read, definitely
Interesting!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Yeah I know, he did the same thing to me as well but Bill Hicks was the one that finally preyed my mind opened with a crowbar.

Ever heard of him?

Here's a clip.

If you think Carlin was good wait until you listen to Bill.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I've had to stop taking my Synthroid 225mcg per day, for two weeks previous to any scans .. in order for the scans to work, but that still doesn't excuse removing iodine from bread.. they could have simply advised me not to eat any--you would think?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I read this OP and was excited to try and add it to my supplement regiment, only to find out you basically cant get it in Europe without doctors receipt (Netherlands/Germany area specifically ).

Is there anyway to get another way to get a high dosage of Iodine ?
Or do you know of any brands in EU that sell Iodine in higher amounts than micro grams?

And yes OP, as the poster above me stated, i highly recommend Bill Hicks, you'll love him. Nothing better than intelligent humor to get the gears going.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by caitlinfae

I find distilled water to be the best, because the mineral and nutrients in water, aren't directly from the water. They are run-off from the rocks around the water. The minerals and nutrients are inorganic due to their derivation from the rocks, and ergo, our bodies can not incorporate them.

Distilled water is not bogged down with all the contaminants that most water is. Water is supposed to be used to cleanse the body of toxins, but since the water is so full of contaminants and chemicals, it doesn't have any 'free-memory' to take the toxins too.

Distilled water doesn't share that issue

edit on 8-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

There is a definite controversy about distilled water (claims that it leeches good minerals from bones/organs/tissues, but Dr Schulze claims these are easily replaced by simply eating a few nuts)...

Personally, I agree with its use, but even better is to ozonate distilled water. This creates a 'living' or electrically charged water that is dramatically more powerful than just plain distilled water. Ozonating is a bit more work though, you either have to ozonate it immediately prior to drinking it (the ozone dissipates quickly at room temp), or you can ozonate a larger container of chilled water (be sure to only use glass) and keep it in the fridge for a day or two.

You can also activate water to a using magnets - buy a large number of them, glue them to some sturdy cloth you have pre-measured and wrap this around the sides of a water dispenser (also make a pad to set it on to cover the bottom).

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
By coincidence I began making my own 8% Lugol's Iodine solution in bulk just Last month.

I'm overweight, have been a my life. Hoped this would help. Time will tell.

One vertical drop in juice hides the taste.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join