It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide, The Thyroid Gland, Fluoride, and The Obesity Conspiracy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by davjan4

Yeah, they are the biggest con-men that I have ever known...They decided to use Bromide as a baking agent in most everything these days. That is why high intake grain eaters, usually develop a low thyroid function. Not to mention they also use tap water in making the bread, which contains fluoride & chloride. Commercial bread is like an anti-thyroid agent, all wrapped into one.

edit on 8-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

God almighty...that's why a lot of the symptoms I was having cleared up when I stopped eating commercial stuff and started making my own spelt loaves at home....I can hardly believe this. More, more! Please! I'm learning so much here.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kelp powder is great! I take it daily. Not sure how it compares to PI though...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think we should just all go back to whatever our ancestors ate and drank before the industrial revolution. If that includes spring water from a stream, so be it.

For tens of thousands of years we survived and thrived on regional plant and animal life. Being of European decent, I should be eating grains that are native to Europe.

I think that is probably the best diet, the one that our ancestors ate for 30,000+

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Good info, OP. I've been suspecting that I have a thyroid problem for a long time now. I used to be skinny and hyper when I was younger, and doctors always commented that my thyroid seemed large. Now I've slowed down to a crawl and have to basically starve myself so I don't gain weight. All previous tests were barely within normal limits, my TSH was always off, but the doctors cannot explain it, so they ignore it. I do have an auto-immune disease, btw.

I bought several brands of kelp extract, and found that all of them gave me severe intestinal cramping and made me feel headachy and quite ill. I read that kelp tends to attract arsenic, so many kelp extracts actually have a goodly dose of arsenic in them as well.

So those bottles are sitting just collecting dust, I probably should just throw them away.

Are there any such issues with the pills or liquid you recommended in your original post? I would like to try them (albeit I'm still a bit skittish from my really uncomfortable experiences with the kelp).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Veritas:

S&F...once again you have started a thread that speaks directly to me. And I too am glad that you are still on ATS!

I have had a long history of Grave's Disease (Hyperthyroidism) which let to my thyroid being irradiated back in 2009. My thyroid gland is functioning at a very low level and must be supported by taking Levothyroxine daily. I have struggled with weight gain, mental fogginess, lethargy, dry skin/hair, lots of phlegm and mucus, and general aches/pains over the past few years.

Given that I have high blood pressure, and my husband (Iwinder) has heart issues, we tossed the salt shaker away many years ago. Although we no longer use salt at the stove or table, there is so much in everything else around it is hard to avoid. I was shocked to read that salt can actually "impede" the absorption of iodine, so why put it in there in the first place??

We also installed a reverse osmosis water filter on the kitchen tap for drinking & cooking water to remove the chlorine and fluoride, which we knew were both detrimental to our health. The part that amazes me is that doctors and other health officials recommend drinking plenty of water to help reduce "mental fogginess" and "memory lapses", cripes and they wonder why ADHD, Autisim and dementia are running rampant in our culture.

I totally agree with you that our health is being undermined by the additives in our diets, my thinking was more in line with creating "job security" if you will for big pharma. I had not even considered the creation of a submissive population, other than the dumbing down of the masses, but also reducing our will and means of fighting back against TPTB. Makes me shudder.

I did a quick search and found this link that gives some food sources of Iodine:
www.dietitians.ca...

This site shows seaweed as the highest source. Wonder how many sushi wraps it takes to make up a 1/4 ounce
www.fitsugar.com...

Awesome thread & posts, can't wait for all information to come.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I think we should just all go back to whatever our ancestors ate and drank before the industrial revolution. If that includes spring water from a stream, so be it.

For tens of thousands of years we survived and thrived on regional plant and animal life. Being of European decent, I should be eating grains that are native to Europe.

I think that is probably the best diet, the one that our ancestors ate for 30,000+

Totally agree with you there. Simple is so much better...but so very hard to achieve in today's fast paced and "convenient" world. Even a trip back 80 to 100 years would open up so many eyes.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Good info, OP. I've been suspecting that I have a thyroid problem for a long time now. I used to be skinny and hyper when I was younger, and doctors always commented that my thyroid seemed large. Now I've slowed down to a crawl and have to basically starve myself so I don't gain weight. All previous tests were barely within normal limits, my TSH was always off, but the doctors cannot explain it, so they ignore it. I do have an auto-immune disease, btw.

I bought several brands of kelp extract, and found that all of them gave me severe intestinal cramping and made me feel headachy and quite ill. I read that kelp tends to attract arsenic, so many kelp extracts actually have a goodly dose of arsenic in them as well.

So those bottles are sitting just collecting dust, I probably should just throw them away.

Are there any such issues with the pills or liquid you recommended in your original post? I would like to try them (albeit I'm still a bit skittish from my really uncomfortable experiences with the kelp).

FissionSurplus
I can totally empathize with you, when my thyroid was hyperactive I could shovel the food down all day (and I mean junk food) and kept losing weight, to the point my co-workers would listen outside the bathroom thinking I was purging my lunch.

Its good to know what side effects you had from the kelp, so often we think because something is natural or organic that it can't hurt us. Supplements are medicines too.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
greetings,
Thanks for the info. At one time I was taking iodine but stopped using it for some unknown reason.

I thought I would throw this into the pot. A few months ago I came across this in rexresearch.com about boron. This is another substance the government and drug companies would rather you not take.

www.rexnewnhamarthritiseducation.com/paper.asp

I have been controlling my arthritis and IBS for several years with the Rife frequencies but felt there was something else I could do. I obtained additional results with the boron.

I won't go into details as the article will explain the benefits.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeH
greetings,
Thanks for the info. At one time I was taking iodine but stopped using it for some unknown reason.

I thought I would throw this into the pot. A few months ago I came across this in rexresearch.com about boron. This is another substance the government and drug companies would rather you not take.

www.rexnewnhamarthritiseducation.com/paper.asp

I have been controlling my arthritis and IBS for several years with the Rife frequencies but felt there was something else I could do. I obtained additional results with the boron.

I won't go into details as the article will explain the benefits.

I fixed your link hopefully

www.rexnewnhamarthritiseducation.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by YogaGinns

YogGinns

I am posting a link to a website discussing taking potassium iodide and levothyroxin together.

www.livestrong.com...

It is completely unnessary if your T4 level is in normal ranges.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I tend to agree. The Paleolithic diet is one of the bests I have yet to read about.

thepaleodiet.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

It's quite nice, and seems to cut out all of the unnecessary garbage that is killing us right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Actually this is a even deeper conspiracy:

The world is more radioactive than it was when we started iodizing salt, we have radioactive iodine in the atmosphere so our thyroid takes that, which is bad for you.

120 miligrams of iodine is not enough for the gland so we need a higher input so that we do not take any input of radioactive iodine from other sources.

Look at the history of iodine salt values and look at how it increases with the increasing testing of nuclear weapons and nuclear accidents that released radiation and radioactive iodine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

YogGinns

I am posting a link to a website discussing taking potassium iodide and levothyroxin together.

www.livestrong.com...

It is completely unnessary if your T4 level is in normal ranges.

Tired of Control Freaks

Thank you for that link. Very informative and good to know the interactions of everything you ingest.

I always do check with my pharmacist before taking any over the counter or health food store supplements as I also take medication for my bloodpressure and heart irregularities.

I wonder though if iodine from food sources would give the thyroid a natural boost. I have read that North America is behind most other countries in updating the "normal range" for lab tests when checking TSH, T3 & T4 levels.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
All previous tests were barely within normal limits, my TSH was always off, but the doctors cannot explain it, so they ignore it. I do have an auto-immune disease, btw.

This is not unusual. They will often run test people for thyroid disorders, and say that their tests are normal. However, they are still suffering from an iodine deficiency especially in the case of a goiter. It will take the combined effort of L-Tyrosine and Potassium Iodide to bring them in normal range. Also the tests will run normal because the tests aren't capable of differentiating the close structures of iodide, fluoride, chloride, or bromide. Those results could actually be full of fluoride, chloride, and bromide atoms, opposed to iodide.

Check and make sure that you do not have an allergic reaction to potassium iodide. If you do you can still use L-Tyrosine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Please remember that the effects of hyperthyroidism are as serious as the effects of hypthroidism.

I don't think it matters if you are obtaining iodine from natural sources or as supplements. Once your body has sufficient iodine, the remainder will be either excreted or secreted.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I think the jews not fighiting back had to do with them not having the energy to fight back because they were not fed enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Please remember that the effects of hyperthyroidism are as serious as the effects of hypthroidism.

I don't think it matters if you are obtaining iodine from natural sources or as supplements. Once your body has sufficient iodine, the remainder will be either excreted or secreted.

Tired of Control Freaks

I agree with you there, I thought being hyperthyroid was the best thing going. Eat everything and anything and not gain weight. That was until I had to have elective surgery postponed for a year while they got my overactive thyroid under control. The anesthetist informed me that you can die of a "thyroid storm" during surgery if you suffer from hyperthyroidism. Not an everyday occurrence but the risk is there.

Thank you for mentioning that.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

I almost very much considered adding Boron to this discussion. It is excellent in dealing with arthritis. I use to mix it into my distilled water for detoxing fluoride. Easiest way, is 20 mule team borax. It's 100% pure sodium tetraborate. Thanks for the addition!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

www.umm.edu...

This link should answer your question really well. Blueberries in particular are great for the thyroid.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I would take PI over Levothyroxine. Natural is always better than synthetic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join