It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

System Commander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love this program because I'm trying to learn Mandrake and I can easily switch between XP and the penguin. I have 9.0 which uses the KDE graphical interface and once was able to explore it in that form. Well, my brother upgraded my first hard drive and put XP on (which still won't give me my sound, but that's another issue) and we had a few problems getting System Commander to work again. Before that, I had forgotten my root password and reinstalled Mandrake - but the graphical interface didn't load, so I was stuck trying to figure out a language I had never used before!! So using a book that was intended for 7.0, I found a way to start learning how to use a couple of commands that brought up a help and how to feature that enabled me to learn a little bit more about the language. (Just a little; it is so vast.) Still didn't help me find out why the graphics didn't install/load.
NOW, although I have used Sys Comm ONCE to put Mandrake on, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to install it again!! It keeps wanting to partition the drive, which the disk already has it's own feature of doing that, and plus it (Sys Comm) wants to do it on my XP drive and not the slave. I know I did this once, but I just can't seem to figure it out again.
HELP!!! I need to learn my Linux!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am saved!!
I have a fresh install and the needed advice to try and reinstall Mandrake.
BUT - I still don't think the graphical interface will come up. Any ideas on that one?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay.....SCR3W Sys Comm!!!!
My Mandrake install went beautifully, somehow, and my graphical interface is working (KDE), and the bootloader is on the Windows
drive so everytime I restart, Mandrake takes over and basically asks what I want to do...kind of like Sys Comm did.

Windows (XP) won't even recognize the other hard drive is there...WTF? Oh well, who cares. A few more settings to Mandrake (settings, settings, everywhere) and I won't even need to use Micro$oft (hack central) anymore!! WOOHOOO!!!

new topics

join