It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help debunking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
First I would like to find out if there is a logical explanation for this, perhaps by someone with more knowledge about how indexing works in google or other search engines, I for one do not.

Any who after finding this information I did a search myself on google and found the same results. Okay the question I am posing comes from googling sandy hook united way. After doing so I went to the search tools under the search box and clicked on the anytime function that allows someone to search a topic over the span of a previous year. Well after clicking on the past month it brought up an indexing posted on Dec 11, 2012 in regards to sandy hook.

Is this a mistake seeing since the tragedy happened three days afterwards. Can anyone with knowledge in this area possibly clarify if such a mistake could occur.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

The search posting is about the Sandy Hook United way, not sure what you are getting at. not really sure why Sandy Hook has to be attached to everything.

Honestly, this topic alone is making me question the usefulness of the alternative media as a whole.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That's not what I am asking at all. I don't want to get into a discussion about it either, just the indexing date in the google search, that's all, no more.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Question:

Why do you feel the need to debunk something.

Check my signature my freind

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I don't feel the need. It's about the only logical thing that I have seen that could possibly raise a question. I don't want to debate or discuss what happened, and I haven't. Just wondering if this could have a valid explanation.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you're asking if google can make a mistake in its date indexing, then yes in my experience it can.

Its a function of google I use quite a lot, and although it is quite good, it isnt perfect and can sometimes give wildly innaccurate dates for a supposed date for a page.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Cool, that's all I was wondering. I never used the feature before so don't have any experience with it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just did a quick test for "sandy hook" between 1990 - 2006.
Most results came back ok, but there is the occasional mistake...

I also think sometimes it gets confused between date formats on various computers.
ie: it grabs a page that has a date of "03/02/01" and mixes things up.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That should settle it then. Thanks dude for clearing that up.

top topics

join