It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Guru holds victim responsible for gangrape

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze, well more dismay me, how obscure religious personalities are given prominent voices by our mainstream media.

From extremist, small town, southern baptist preachers to zealous, racist rabbis, to this guy... seriously, who are these people, and why should we care what they have to say?

Does anyone ever wonder what type of credentials come with the title of religious leader? More often than not, it is the ability to have read one and only book... sort of like the joke "what does one need to teach 1st grade?... to have graduated from 1st grade."

We have seen international tragedies (such as those in Benghazi) erupt because mainstream media gives an obscure preacher from a small parish, with an equally small IQ a pulpit to spew his brand of hate, and war justified over the senile ravings of a radical Imam who probably would only reach his 20 or so mosque attendees if the cameras weren't more than happy to oblige him in spreading his message of hate.

We really should be ignoring these nut jobs, but I guess that there is more ad space to sell on the 24 hour "news" cycle.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
A guru?

Just because people say someone is a guru doesn't really make him one

Defenders of the caste system

The caste system has very little relevance to Hinduism.
Furthermore not every guru/pandit is a defender of the caste system today.

The caste system was originally intended for an "organized" approach to the economy, depending on your last name this is the job you would do.

I'm not saying Hindus don't bring the caste system into religion, i'm just saying it's not how it is supposed to be.
Caste system came wayyy after the sacred holy books.

Defenders of the belief that people suffer because of karma? I guess she must have done something evil in a previous life!

You have no understanding of what Karma is to have this much hatred towards it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Someone should gangrape this guru until his insides are so damaged that he dies from it. Then, we'll see how he feels about it. An eye for an eye, right?
edit on 7-1-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)
Who would want to? who's gonna do it?
Not with his looks.
LINK

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The caste-system was created to create an economical system? Are you joking? It had nothing to do with subjugation and racism. The kind Brahmins were instituting economic reforms.

Karma is used to defend the caste-system. It is used to explain why some groups deserve to be superior and others not. It explains why some people can be exploiters and other must be exploited. Go talk to untouchables.

Some gurus are against the caste-system? Some, well let us thank their holinesses. Yes, it came after the scriptures but even the Vedas promote racism, the superior aryan against the dark dravidian. Cultic power was a form of subjugation. NO academic, morally relative, aopologetics will take away from what is a tradition of human subjugation going back almost 3 thousand years.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Rig Veda 9:73:5 O'er Sire and Mother they have roared in unison bright with the verse of praise, burning up riteless men, Blowing away with supernatural might from earth and from the heavens the swarthy skin which Indra hates.

Rg Veda 9:41:1. ACTIVE and bright have they come forth, impetuous in speed like bulls,Driving the black skin far away

Rg.V. I 130.8

"Indra protected in battle the Aryan worshipper, he subdued the lawless for Manu, he conquered the black skin."

Now some say that it was a mistranslation and translate black into darkness or ignorance. Muslims and Christians say this about scripture too when it suits them.

However, look at Indian society today. The whiter you are, the more attractive you are. Any Dravidian stars in Bollywood?

That insane guru is only keeping alive a tradition of blaming the victim. St. Augustine also blamed women for rape (he, like gurus is against the world, against evil maya --see a pattern) as the republican congressman did. The guru is keeping alive the tradition of subjugation as did the onlookers who did nothing and the hundreds, possibly thousands, that have violeted women in India, that have stepped on the untouchables. All in the name of a higher sprituality whose earthly face is quite horrid.
edit on 7-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman
The older I get, the more I fail to understand "religion" or what pushes people to follow "religious" leaders.

I'm not against any religion. I am not a religious person myself. However, I always understood that it was about peace, bringing people together and spiritual enlightenment.

I guess I must have landed on the wrong planet. It is sickening to see what people say and do in the name of religion.
Source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-1-2013 by WhereIsTheBatman because: URL malformed

edit on 7-1-2013 by WhereIsTheBatman because: URL still malformed

You go the got the right concept, but wrong idea.

Religion's have exoteric (Outer dogmatic shell), and Esoteric (Inner Experiential Core)

The outer Exoteric version is the One's we see so much and hate, and have disgust for. Like this so-called Guru making this remark (there are alot of fake guru's), preists molesting kids, wars fought in the name of.

Then you have the Esoteric inner core of certain folks who actually directly experience Enlightenment. The Jesus', Buddha's, etc's of the world. Enlightened One's see everyone as equal and with Love, but it is a very small minority of these folks, hence the default is to see the Exoteric crap that gives religion's a bad a name, the way the Newport, Con shooter gave guns a bad name (Yet guns aren't inherenty themselves bad)

Eff this Guru. He's a fake, a phony in my book

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The esoteric always comes later.

Torah ---Qabbalah
Vedas ---- Upanishads
Quran --- Sufism

Many of the esoteric traditions are quite sublime and wonderful. However, let us not forget that for a few sublime sentences, religion has done such vast damage to humanity that one wonders what value does organized religion hold? Jews against Goyim, Aryan against Dravidian, Muslim against Kaffir, Christian against nonbeliever? Sure they have given us some nice phrases and sayings. Anything else of use?

Do we need a new Temple of Solomon, a khalifate, a state based on the Vedas and Manu? That would be a nightmare for humanity.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman
The older I get, the more I fail to understand "religion" or what pushes people to follow "religious" leaders.

I'm not against any religion. I am not a religious person myself. However, I always understood that it was about peace, bringing people together and spiritual enlightenment.

I guess I must have landed on the wrong planet. It is sickening to see what people say and do in the name of religion...

I am similarly baffled by the fairly recent case in Afghanistan, where a 14 year old girl was shot in the head by the Taliban for "campaigning for the education of girls and women"?

Apparently within that particular belief system, it's NOT alright to promote the idea that women should be educated, but it IS ok to shoot a 14 year old girl in the head??

Can someone please explain this to me?

BTW - the girl was flown to the UK for emergency life-saving surgery, and has now left hospital following a remarkable recovery!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To the above post:

Thankfully India is based on democracy because education for women is frowned upon in traditional Hinduism as well. A husband is a "lord," in traditional Hinduism, to be obeyed at all times. Many Hindu wives have been killed by their mother-in-laws.

The Taliban and the Wahhabis are also sick. Their form of traditional Islam is also an example on why modern societies should only tolerate the esoteric versions of these faiths. They are against human rights and should be given the same respect as Nazism, that is to say none.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

I think, its more than a religion, Society always had the "women stay home, take care of kids" attitude for a long time and "men are the households" It cultural impact more than religious view.. of course those rules did infiltrate religion.

That's why i hate going after scripture that tell you how to live, and who to pray etc.

I don't think current Hinduism is that extreme compared to Islam. You probably won't even notice it in India unless you go to some backwater village.

Now more women are getting educated, so there is less fear of divorce and suffering on the women's side.. they have jobs competing with men.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

man you have no idea what you are talking about
Learn Sanskrit first and read the original texts.

Everything that you say is incorrect, read about the Indus Valley which was matriarchal, you also see many Matas in Hinduism(goddesses) that hindus worship, not only male deities.

In india you touch both the elderly man's feet and the elderly woman's feet.

You hit a woman in public in India and a entire gang of people will jump on you!
An entire gang of people jumping on you for hitting a woman is called Indian Culture.

Stop watching so much national geographic and go to India yoursefl!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You need to go to untouchable neighborhoods or where the indigenous Indians are and see the fruits of Hindu state-craft.

By the way, Hinduism displaced a female deity with a patriarchal trinity when it arrived. Kali was there before Aryan Indra.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He is assigning Cultural(tonnes of them) aspects to Hinduism(which is already composed of many early Indian religion).

There were religion in south India who had Amman(sp) as their primary god, a female. which is no incorporate into Hinduism.

The female Inferior came with different cultures that formed the modern Hinduism, and men in control, i guess the higher caste people, decided to inject their version of things people should follow, and im glad those are disappearing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Learn Sanskrit? Thats what people say about the Quran. That is a cop-out. Those translations are valid. The more modern a translation is, the more it is white washed to make it edible. For example, a hymn to the sun becomes a hymn to enlightenment even though the cult practitioners meant sun.

People will jump on me? Have you listened to the interviw of the raped and murdered girl's companion? No one did anything. Have you listened to rape testomony of others? No one does anything.

National geographic? They whitewash Hinduism like you do, make India exotic and ignore the dark side of Hinduism.

I guess indigenous Indians are making up their oppression going back to Brahmin subjugation, I guess untouchables are converting to Christianity and Islam because Hinduism is too much fun. I guess rape has become a big problem because everyone is stopping it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Indus valley was Dravidian and pre-Aryan. Yes, it was matriarchal, unlike Hinduism.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What are the dark sides of Hinduism that is currently happening in high amounts? i don't mean things like Dowry, those are not Hinduism but a cultural addition, even that is disappeared in developed cities.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hinduism is an amalgamation of cultures and religions. You cannot say, "Hinduism is not to blame at all." It is to blame. This guru, like the Taliban and the republican congressman, are keeping alive a trend that goes to the heart of these religions.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You do know South Indians do'n't actually follow the North Indian Concept of Hinduism right? The gods south Indians mainly pray are not the trinity but are accepted by all, probably during the merge.

South India as in Tamil Nadu, the Dravidian state.

It sucks how Tamil is not mentioned, but Sanskrit, a dead language is more known(due to rig veda), but both are older, Tamil could possible be older due to Dravidian Origin.

Tamil is still used by over 300 million and is the oldest living classical language.
edit on 1/7/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thanks to democracy and western thought, things are getting better in India. The laws of Manu have given way to human rights, no thanks to Indra.

www.thp.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Maxmars

What????

I dont quite get what your saying here. i see alot of fancy dancing.... but not alot of substance.

So forgetting to call out to jesus or vishnu when your being raped makes you complicit or not?

I echo your "What??"

I'm saying that it is very popular in media to find someone saying something poorly and generate a boatload of anger and hatred over the matter - thus also increasing the direct involvement of their readership.

He was advocating for prayer. Is that a bad thing?

I'll get to the "other" matter below.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join