It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
Rumours of a link between the US first family and the Nazi war machine have circulated for decades. Now the Guardian can reveal how repercussions of events that culminated in action under the Trading with the Enemy Act are still being felt by today's president
Ben Aris in Berlin and Duncan Campbell in Washington
The Guardian
George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

Click on Link Above for FULL STORY

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I already knew this already so it's old news to me. But I saw the article and decided to post it. Have fun reading.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
this thing has already been discussed on a number of threads, and they mostly fell into he said/she said crap. furthermore, get off the guadian, they're a pretty anti-bush newsource.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
furthermore, get off the guadian, they're a pretty anti-bush newsource.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I doubt if you could find this article on Fox

Its well documented but it doesnt hurt reminding some of the real "roots" of the Bushes.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm if a Bush is good how about a Kennedy (Icons of the Democratic Party)

As fiercely anti-Communist as they were anti-Semitic, Kennedy and Astor looked upon Adolf Hitler as a welcome solution to both of these "world problems" (Nancy's phrase). No member of the so-called "Cliveden Set" (the informal cabal of appeasers who met frequently at Nancy Astor's palatial home) seemed much concerned with the dilemma faced by Jews under the Reich. Astor wrote Kennedy that Hitler would have to do more than just "give a rough time" to "the killers of Christ" before she'd be in favor of launching "Armageddon to save them. The wheel of history swings round as the Lord would have it. Who are we to stand in the way of the future?" Kennedy replied that he expected the "Jew media" in the United States to become a problem, that "Jewish pundits in New York and Los Angeles" were already making noises contrived to "set a match to the fuse of the world."

Kennedy and Hitler

Lets not throw stones in our partisan houses eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
FredT, do not forget that Kennedy's father had deals with the mafia and that's how he made his fortune.....

Also, what about Kerry's deal with the Vietnamese which won his counsin a large portion of real state in Vietnam for Kerry's statements that Vietnam was working with the concerned agencies to find what happened to the rest of POWs in communist Vietnam..

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmmmm if a Bush is good how about a Kennedy (Icons of the Democratic Party)

Lets not throw stones in our partisan houses eh?

I already knew about the Kennedy family connection, but Bush is the one running for president. Don't deflect attention from this issue by saying "oh but wait! The dems did it too!!!" Just because it was done on both sides doesn't make it right. Im neither Dem or republican. I will give # to both sides just the same, since in my eyes the two parties are just different sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The point was that first, the sins of the father aren't always the sins of the son. Because Kennedy's father had deals with the mafia, doesn't mean Kennedy had deals with the mafia, that first.

Second there is information, which you did not include, about the supposed connection of Bush's grandfather and a nazi...

Let me find it again.

Oh and btw, I am not even sure if there is truly a link between Kerry's cousin getting a large real state from Vietnam and Kerry's negotiations with the Vietnamese, in which Kerry statements always put the Vietnamese as cooperating and doing a great job with the POW information. Still there are people that see this link and are sure it is true.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My God, I can't believe the low levels achieved during this election! Do we really care what Bush's grandpa did (and don't forget kerry and bush are 9th cousins
), or JFK's father, or where Clinton's father disappeared to, or how much Betty Ford or Billy Carter drank?!?!?!??

Enough!!!!!!!!!!
It's hard enough to judge a candidate of his merits (or DEmerits) without bringing in their relatives.....SHEEEESH!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Actually the article you linked does give the information, but it was the name you gave to the thread that seemed misleading imo. Do you think banks know/knew everything that you do to make money? or are they interested merely "in the money"?.... now there are laws in which banks have to inform the FBI if there are any large transactions of over $10K, so the FBI can investigate how you got the money, but was this true at the time of Prescot Bush?.... No that I know.

The link is certainly weak, and I don't think that sue is going to stand for long, simply because there is no real evidence that Bush's grandpa knew this man was a Nazi helping Hitler.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am a Confederate. No, I am a Yankee. No wait! I am so confused and I blame it all on my family history. What does this have to do with anything? Has the polarity gotten so bad in this country that we now have to label someone because of their ancestors. If so then it is no wonder were screwed.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think the point trying to be made is that if Bush's grandfather hadn't engaged in the illegal activities mentioned in the article there wouldn't have been 2 Bush presidents. Which would have done this country a whole lot of good.
Bush could go out and rape and murder american citizens and some of you people would still label him the best thing since sliced bread.....oh wait he already did all that
and here we are listening to the same ol defense on the part of george w. bush and his ancestors.
Vietnam was a shady @$$ war to begin with who cares if kerry got something out of it and didn't give the government a cut on his profits or whatever your argument may be. At least he served in a war, unlike your saviour

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
What does any of this have to do with George W Bush?
He wasn't even alive at the tme.
Yeah this is reallllllly important

Hey my grandfather was in the navy dring ww2, does that mean I helped defeat the japanese?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This has been covered several times already. See the following threads:

Bush family's Nazi business dealings in detail
History of the Bushes....... Is It Illegal Gain And Politics ??

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join