It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another unexplained explosion levels Ohio home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Another loud explosion rocks a neighborhood and is heard and felt miles away. This time the home explosion is in Madison County, Ohio and it leveled one home and damaged five others. There are many similarities to the explosion that rocked an Indianapolis neighborhood a couple of months ago. The cause has investigators baffled yet. They had explosive and accelerant-sniffing dogs on scene and that turned up nothing.

A vacant house here exploded early Sunday morning, damaging several adjacent homes. Police, fire and utility workers are investigating the cause of the explosion, which leveled the home on Parkview Drive at Madison Avenue about 12:20 a.m., fire officials said.

Source

The gas company has come out immediately and said there were no gas leaks and they don't believe that gas was the cause.

Dominion East Ohio gas company was also on scene to investigate early Sunday, he said, noting that neither the fire department nor the gas company were able to locate any leaks in the gas lines.

Madison Township home leveled in explosion

Here is a quote from the comments section of that website:

I live in N.Madison on main the road that Parkview is off of, 25 house east of the house that exploded..it sounded like a bomb went off in my backyard..it was extremely loud, my entire house shook... my second oldest daughter( has a bedroom in the lower level of my bi-level ) said her bed moved...my adult daughter thought a gun went off, but I knew instantly it was an Explosion..I had no idea at that moment where it came from.MY first thought was it came from the woods be hind my house. We all ran and started turning on the outside light to see if it did come from the woods..at that moment i said oh no because,.. my 16 yr. old son was spending the night at a friends on the other side of the woods..we called him and he thought it was a earthquake..I told him no..something exploded and I am coming to get you.I left my house and went east and then turned North..picked up my son and drove around the block trying to find out where that sound came from...as I turned onto Hubbard rd (RT. 528 NORTH ).. I had to pull over a few times as fire trucks blew past me ..it had only been 10 min. since the blast..i saw the fire trucks turn on my street..i took another route home and we were just in shock.My husband went to the scene and took pics..some were saying it was a meth lab explosion..but my husband found out it wasn't..the whole incident was like a scene out of a movie..all the people on my street and the surrounding streets came out of their homes to see what happened..everyone had the same puzzled look on their faces..just crazy!

Similarities to Indianapolis:
Gas companies immediately said there were no leaks and it wasn't a gas explosion
Both explosions heard and felt miles away and some thought it was an earthquake
Both homes were vacant at the time
All usual explanations were ruled out; meth lab, gas line, etc.

Eventually they came out and said it was a faulty and old appliance that leaked in Indy. I never bought it. An appliance that caused people up to 15 miles away mistake it for an earthquake. The owners of the home were charged for murder in that explosion because the neighbors were killed. They claim they are innocent. They were charged because they had financial woe's, but in this day and age, who doesn't? And they don't go blowing up their homes. This one to me stinks and doesn't add up.

I think that this sounds like a hydrogen sulfide plume that is described in the Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis here at this website

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

Basically, the author describes how hydrogen sulfide plumes are releasing into the atmosphere, but the deadly gas is heavier-than-air and plumes slowly drift back to the surface where they eventually settle into low lying areas. But, along the way, these gases are reacting to ignition sources and causing many unexplained mysterious explosions. He lists many of these explosions on a daily basis on the website. Here is a short summary of his hypothesis;

The seas, lakes and oceans are now pluming deadly hydrogen sulfide and suffocating methane. Hydrogen sulfide is a highly toxic water-soluble heavier-than-air gas and will accumulate in low-lying areas. Methane is slightly more buoyant than normal air and so will be all around, but will tend to contaminate our atmosphere from the top down. These gases are sickening and killing oxygen-using life all around the world, including human life, as our atmosphere is increasingly poisoned. Because both gases are highly flammable and because our entire civilization is built around fire and flammable fuels, this is leading to more fires and explosions.

These gas plumes are also poisoning animals and humans which could be the cause of sudden neurological episodes in humans, also unexplained sudden deaths, and also mass animal die-offs like the birds that suddenly fall from the sky by the thousands. Many of these plumes originate in the anoxic ocean waters, thus the mass fish die-offs as well.

Here is the link to the full hypothesis page on the website

Full hypothesis

The author of Jumping Jack and I, along with many other ATSers, have a lengthy discussion in great detail about these deadly gases in the Dangerous Gas thread in my signature if you want to read more about this theory.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is just crazy....

I really wish we could find out exactly what is going on. Are they testing the air/atmosphere at all?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

ah hem.......

Monserrate Shirley and her boyfriend, Mark Leonard, who lived in the home, along with Leonard's brother, Robert Leonard, were arrested this morning on numerous charges, including murder and arson.

WRTV6 also reports that a probable cause affidavit will indicate that the explosion sparked from tampering wit the gas fireplace, and used their microwave oven on a delay timer to ignite the gas. Prosecutors said within the last hour that the suspects tried unsuccessfully to set off the explosion a week earlier.

Source

The home in Indiana certainly doesn't appear to be an accident.

As far as this home in Ohio goes, the house was empty and no one lived in it. Could it be a home owner looking for an insurance payout?? Could be, but being this just happened, I am sure once the smoke clears, there will be some kind of answer as to why it happened as well.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The Indianapolis case has been solved. It was gas and it was intentional. Now what does it have to do with this incident.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A vacant house would trap gas that would otherwise escape with people
going in and out in an active use. Some thing to consider using a gas
monitor if you are in real estate and looking to sell instead of collecting
insurance and rebuilding a new home on the property.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe it's Obama blowing up empty houses with drones to make the supply go down so the housing market goes back up?

Or maybe it's Bernanke.
edit on 7-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Like I said, a gas oven explosion heard and felt over 15 miles away and mistaken for an earthquake? I find it hard to believe. The homeowners still claim their innocence, but of course, that's no surprise, anyone would. But, if the evidence was so clear and proof beyond a doubt, wouldn't the accused start to crumble, or turn on each other. No, there attorney was even surprised they were charged.

And the case hasn't been solved until the accused are convicted in court. As long as they claim they are innocent, I would think they should get their day in court. Don't believe everything the media tells you!
edit on 7-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I doubt that a gas plume removed a gas regulater and then rigged a timer to a microwave.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
Well I doubt that a gas plume removed a gas regulater and then rigged a timer to a microwave.

Once again, do you know for a fact that this is what happened? Or are you just accepting what you've been told as fact?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am accepting THE FACTS. You will not accept them as they do not support your version.
edit on 1/7/2013 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Trust me, I can usually find a conspiracy in damn near anything these days.

I just don't see one here, that's all. Although I could be wrong and you could be right. Even wearing my conspiracy goggles, nothing is really popping.......

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
I am accepting THE FACTS. You will not accept them as they do not support your version.
edit on 1/7/2013 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying that this is factually how these homes exploded. I am presenting a theory!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Dominion East Ohio gas company was also on scene to investigate early Sunday, he said, noting that neither the fire department nor the gas company were able to locate any leaks in the gas lines.

Crews were able to put out the fire without any difficulty, although the preliminary investigation was limited because of the instability of the structure

So, all that has happened so far is the gas company’s lawyers have attempted to reduce their liability in the matter and/or or calm fears of a repeat incident, based on a limited, preliminary investigation (probably looking at the structure from the street saying "Wow! that was a big one!")

Hopefully, when they get around to a thorough investigation, the cause will become clear.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
S&F Rez and thanks for posting this! I am so intrigued by all of these explosions.

I have been putting off reading your Jumping Jack Flash thread until the kiddos went back to school and I could focus on the issue. I did see that the author of the theory did sign up and offer his insight which is awesome! I think I know what I will be devoting the rest of my day to!

Please keep us posted on any new info on this case. I may not always post, but I am always following your threads.

~OkieDokie

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
S&F Rez and thanks for posting this! I am so intrigued by all of these explosions.

I have been putting off reading your Jumping Jack Flash thread until the kiddos went back to school and I could focus on the issue. I did see that the author of the theory did sign up and offer his insight which is awesome! I think I know what I will be devoting the rest of my day to!

Please keep us posted on any new info on this case. I may not always post, but I am always following your threads.

~OkieDokie

Thanks for following. Here is a little more info on this. Hyrdogen sulfide can easily be the culprit here as it comes from sewer gas. The home was sitting vacant for three months. As Tesandlyne said above that the home can collect gas as it doesn't have doors and windows opening because of residents going in and out. So, you can have hydrogen sulfide seep into home in a number of ways including as sewer gas coming through a floor drain, or from a leaking or blocked plumbing roof vent. If the gas were to enter from outside the home, such as a plume or already present in the soil, it could come in through cracks in the foundation. Once the gas is in the home it can react with copper for an ignition source. There are many sources of copper in the home and hydrogen sulfide reacts with copper (remember the Texas power pole fires...hydrogen sulfide plume reacting with copper wiring on the poles?)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

My gut feeling is.... it is atmospheric.....

Charges in the atmosphere with a weak magnetosphere and highly electric charges coming in from space has this planet charged up so much we will likely see a lot of "changes" in the coming years.

Space weather will indeed be as much needed as planetary weather.

Flame away!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

My gut feeling is.... it is atmospheric.....

Charges in the atmosphere with a weak magnetosphere and highly electric charges coming in from space has this planet charged up so much we will likely see a lot of "changes" in the coming years.

Space weather will indeed be as much needed as planetary weather.

Flame away!

I believe its atmospheric as well, but here's how: All the methane and hydrogen sulfide release is reacting away the ozone, causing dangerous UV levels to become harmful to us, but at the same time, methane gas build up is also causing infrared to get caught in our atmosphere. The long-wave infrared comes into the atmosphere and heats up everything on the surface but it normally safely escapes through short-wave infrared but with an increase in methane in the upper atmosphere, it blocks the escape of short-wave infrared. The end-result is our atmosphere heating up causing extreme super-charged weather events all over the place. How many times on the news over the past few months have you heard them say 'never before seen storm,' or 'once in a lifetime,' or 'haven't seen this in decades,' to explain droughts, hurricanes, heatwaves, blizzards, tornado outbreaks and so on?

top topics

join