It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA ( No Real Dragon )

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This would be in Hunan Province, central south. The mountain is called: Tian Men Shan. Some people translate that to: Heaven Gate Mountain or Door To The Sky.

I understand some here will not be interested in the link I provide below, but some here that are more adventurist well I think.
Now, the Tian Men Shan moutain range is a 2 day ride by sleeper train from my home city of birth, but I've been there to visit, yes the air is smoggy and heavy with humidity.
I would be interested in seeing pictures of your home and it's attractions.
I hope you enjoy the link.
player.vimeo.com...
Please click the HD button for a better view of the video.

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures and the video.

edit on 7-1-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA

So...where's the dragon? Or is that just the year in which the photos were taken?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Awesome video! I think, as scary as it looks, I'd rather be that guy flying than a passenger on that bus making that hairpin turn on that sketchy looking road!

I think my knees would give out beneath me I tried to walk on that glass platform! I think that there's one like it at the Grand Canyon now, too!

Thanks for the pics! It's like a vacation with my morning coffee!

edit on 7-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA

So...where's the dragon? Or is that just the year in which the photos were taken?

You need to watch the video! player.vimeo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

DRAGON FLYING IN CHINA

I'm sorry maybe I should explain, That was the name of the Red Bull team given by the local Chinese.
You see, In China it was believed in our ancestors time, that mountain range to be the back or body of a Dragon.

I hope that cleared it up for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Incredible place!
Wasn't that the place where Jeb Corliss flew through the rock formation on his wing suit?
It was I think:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I agree with Aferinfinity...
Where's the dragon flying in China? A wing suit is not a dragon.
It's a very good video and an epic place, I thank you for showing me that video, beautiful.
But I still think it's a very misleading title.
Not that I thought I was going to see a dragon flying in China

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thank You windword, I was scared to death the week my husband and I spent there and walking those narrow paths and looking down 5000 meters or taking the 7455 meter ride in the cable car, the longest in the world I am told.

I still find the image breath taking, the fog moving through the cavern opening.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I watched the video and saw no dragons, however what I did see was a corner of the world I've never saw.
Absolutely stunning in every direction and angle and perspective.
How anyone can not find that beautiful and mythic is beyond me.

That region of China is certainly going in my bucket list

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
reply to post by guohua

I agree with Aferinfinity...
Where's the dragon flying in China? A wing suit is not a dragon.
It's a very good video and an epic place, I thank you for showing me that video, beautiful.
But I still think it's a very misleading title.
Not that I thought I was going to see a dragon flying in China

Thank you for the comment,,, But, It's my thread and I like the Title.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Pretty sure there's something in the rules about misleading titles...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Silcone Synapse, you are correct. Thank you for the video, it was great.
I don't think I would have the nerve to fly like that, let alone through that opening even as large as it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have to do that!!!
Those guys are intense.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Well if it upsets you that much, report me, it's only a thread about my home country, it's not a political thread or a thread on the discovery of a new vaccine.
The mountain is believed to be a sleeping dragon by many older Chinese. If that is going to cause you to lose sleep or upset your day. So, I edited the title so not to cause you any permanent damage or undo stress.
Feel Free To Report Me and My thread, if you haven't all ready.
Have a nice day and go read a thread that you understand.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow what an incredible place! Never knew this place existed. Definately on the places to visit list. Thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Silcone Synapse, you are correct. Thank you for the video, it was great.
I don't think I would have the nerve to fly like that, let alone through that opening even as large as it is.

I agree-but to be honest there is no way in heaven that you could get me into those cable cars either!!

Cable cars freak me out,big time.
I had a bad time on one as a small kid.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Well if it upsets you that much, report me, it's only a thread about my home country, it's not a political thread or a thread on the discovery of a new vaccine.
The mountain is believed to be a sleeping dragon by many older Chinese. If that is going to cause you to lose sleep or upset your day. So, I edited the title so not to cause you any permanent damage or undo stress.
Feel Free To Report Me and My thread, if you haven't all ready.
Have a nice day and go read a thread that you understand.

That's a bit harsh, considering that he's right.
Maybe a lot of people who click the thread do it to see a dragon flying in China, whether it's a fake or not.
But then they find it's something else completely and that's what he's on about, that's why the T&C are there.
Don't you care about that? That some peeps click because of the title?
Your comment towards AfterInfinity and me were kind of rude. I'm not going to report you because like you said it's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over and I do like this thread very much, just not the title.
It should be you who should be a good sport, for the other peeps who will click on it thinking there's a dragon flying about in China, and change the title.
Don't get upset about it, it was you who misled quite a few of us. It's not like the mountain and the people using the wing suits are not epic enough, the thread would've got attention because it's such an epic place.
Any way, I don't want to be the party pooper here, like I said I like your thread, it's just when I click on a thread I like to know that I'm not being misled. I wont comment anymore, just enjoy the video one last time and good pictures by the way.
Would've liked to hear more on the mythology of the mountain as well. Any way, have fun

ETA: I see you changed the title
I said I like your thread that's why I starred you and flagged you. No hard feelings.
edit on 7-1-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yes, I clicked this thread with the idea I was going to see the dragon hoax video that was going around a year ago, but I am pleased to say I am very impressed with the video presented!

I never wanted to fly so bad in my life after seeing that! Thanks for providing that link!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This would be in Hunan Province, central south. The mountain is called: Tian Men Shan. Some people translate that to: Heaven Gate Mountain or Door To The Sky.

I understand some here will not be interested in the link I provide below, but some here that are more adventurist well I think.
Now, the Tian Men Shan moutain range is a 2 day ride by sleeper train from my home city of birth, but I've been there to visit, yes the air is smoggy and heavy with humidity.
I would be interested in seeing pictures of your home and it's attractions.
I hope you enjoy the link.
player.vimeo.com...
Please click the HD button for a better view of the video.

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures and the video.

The link is detected as a Trojan and or Malicious Threat.

I am not sure but if you don't have a good antivirus or blocking program don't click on the above link except to watch. If you try to save or download the link to repost or save it has an infective program so beware.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Thank You!
How about a boat trip down a river or two, how about eating at one of the most beautiful restaurants in the world in my opinion. Great food and not expensive, we stayed there last year and spent a week taking my parents places they had never been in China and they've lived in China their entire life.
The restaurant near Sanyou Cave above the Chang Jiang river, Hubei , China.

Excellent food and view.

I hope you enjoy.
None of these are our pictures of our stays in China, to many pictures with family and ourselves.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join