It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Predict Collapse of America within the next 6 weeks to 3 months.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I haven't watched the episode and I cannot find it anywhere so I won't comment.. Oh, I just did, sorry.
edit on 7-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't know where the episode can be found. I don't know how to embed. But it is the latest episode, it aired tonight.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I haven't seen the episode and haven't watched The Simpsons in many years. But that is a very profound and unsettling thing to say on what is the longest running animated family show in history.

That is..you know..something that you just don't joke about. Very strange indeed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I remember one episode a year or two ago, where they are joking about Prince Harry being the antichrist, and joking about him beheading people. I research this stuff, and it had never occurred to me that he would be (more of a Prince William as antichrist person). Looked up Harry's gemetria and it was 1666.

Another strange thing about the last episode was the asteroid (with the "zombie virus" - which is how they will institute the mark of the beast and martial law). How is it that the writers know that DA14 (the Feb comet) was going to be a big deal in the media? (or rather will be in a few weeks - but watch out for comet ISON instead).

When you read Revelation, the destruction of Mystery Babylon via asteroid is a sort of coda to the great tribulation so this Feb asteroid is merely a ritualistic nod to the asteroid 45 days (1335 minus 1290 days) after the ritualistic tribulation of Dec. 21st.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I watched the episode last night as I am a big fan and while i chuckled at the episode and how they portrayed the survivalists, the most (and only) upsetting thing to me about the episode is towards the very end when they return to Springfield and see that the power has came back and all is well. Marge is making a statement and Lisa chimes in and says something to the effect of " Well I guess it's better to live in an imperfect society, rather than try to make a new one." This sent chills down my spine and as the words hit my ears made me think "Wow".

Take it for something or for nothing but I believe that if nothing else, this line had some form of meaning behind it besides just simple comedy and I am one who has gone above and beyond in a few threads to debunk a good bit of the "hidden messages" in music, movies etc.

Just to be clear I believe in some of them but as we all know if you look and want to see them you can basically start finding/making them out of anywhere. Just my two cents.

That is all

Trowa

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Did anyone watch the latest episode of the simpsons? It was all about the end of the world and what not, but there was a line of dialog in it that made me question why they would say something like that. They specifcally said a number of times that America would collapse. Even homer himself said " america can't collapse, we're as powerful as ancient rome." Then later on in the episode they said "homer, we all know america's collapse is about 3 months away" Then someone else chimes in and says " six weeks at most,"

Now given that the creators of the simpsons are freemasons, is it possible that they might have some knowledge on this? Are they giving out a subtle sign? 6 weeks from today is feb 17th. 3 months from today is april 6th. Is it possible that somewhere in between that time frame, america's financial system will collapse?

What do you think?

Please do not comment if you have not watched the episode!

edit on 7-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

I am not at all saying I agree the end of North America is fore told in a Simpsons episode... however the timeline strikes me as interesting. Feb15th I believe is the day the Asteroid will pass 14,000 miles away from Earth. Closer than the moon.. and closer than most gps satellites.

Here is CNN talking about it.
www.youtube.com...

Someone else discussing it.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I didn't watch the simpsons but I did read an article last night that makes me question your post...

Billionaires dumping stocks

There are other links for him under google news..from mid dec 12'

He predicted the housing collapse and now is warning of the next 2 or 3 bubbles..he said gas could be 28$/gal by end of 2013. I don't know much about finance..so maybe someone could check it out with more knowledge?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think you watch too many cartoons. All media we see on mainstream TV, is a mirror of what is trending at the moment. If everyone had been talking about making a better dog biscuit...if everyone was tweeting dog biscuit recipes, and posting about dog biscuits on FB...the Simpsons writers would be whipping up an episode on...dog biscuits.

When was the last time you spent a whole day outside, just looking at real life around you...just curious...

Des

First off, you're on a conspiracy forum, Welcome to ATS! A ...... CONSPIRACY forum. Hmm.

Second, was there a genuine reason to just attack the OP in this manner? It's just getting nasty around here.

Now, to stay on topic, I don't watch the simpsons,but I have always found the episode with 9/11 in it very interesting, so I will keep my eyes on this one. Thanks OP.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I just wanted to know what people think about it.

Is it not rather odd that they would say something like " we all know america's collapse is about 3 months away?

Why would they say that?

What reason do they have for saying that? They could have made the episode without saying that and made it about the whole thing. But they say it like it's not a joke. This doesn't seem like something any show, anywhere should be saying.

I don't know, but what I DO know is that for the past 12 years, two elders in my tribe said 2013 will be THE year to look out for. So we will see my friend.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
No, it will not be the end of anything, because Futurama is set in the year 3000 and America is still there.

Seriously, it's a program. And the whole "Simpsons predicted 9/11" is a load of nonsense. The magazine has a huge $9 sign, and yes, the twin towers look like an 11 because, well, they're two tall, straight buildings that used to dominate the New York sky.

The Simpsons have made hundreds of episodes, with millions of lines and jokes on popular culture and hot topics, im sure if you look hard enough you can make 1 of the many sound/look like a prediction.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think this could possibly be more than a "silly cartoon" like you might expect, The SImpsons are renowned for their predictions hinted subliminally throughout the decades and freemasonry ritualistic episodes ..... it is all a game for these people. I don't need to watch the cartoon to understand what the script writers are trying to make clear.... I have people like the op to tell me!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've just watched the episode, if you truely believe that this is a prediction, then you need help/regain your sense of humour.
That episode was taking the p@#s out of sites such as this, and people who constantly find ways to 'prove' that the end is neigh, aka, doom and gloomers, which this site is full off.

Notice at one part, where he mentions "america has 3 months left" and the other guy says "6 weeks at most", you used this line in your original post, but why did you forget to mention the line after?

"Psh, theres always an alarmist"

Get off the internet for a while, try and get your sense of humour back. If you can't see what this episode is mocking, while being on sites about this, then you really are paranoid.

Just the fact that a thread like this has been made about this episode is hugely ironic, and proves their point.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

"homer, we all know America's collapse is about 3 months away" Then someone else chimes in and says " six weeks at most,"

If it has been posted already I apologize, but I think the writers were riffing on how funny and ironic it is that people throw dates around like that.

Which makes this thread pretty ironic.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
I know people are going to hate me for posting this but you know about the Simpsons 9/11 magazine, right? The episode that was from aired in 1997. Here's a still image of what I'm talking about.

if you're going to try to find hidden meanings in the simpsons, it would be hidden in plain sight like the "9/11" magazine.

and then it wouldn't mean anything until it happened. try to find dates and locations. that means watching the episode multiple times and pausing to look at things that only appear for a millisecond.

edit on 7-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah just watched it. Do you reckon there'll be an EMP flare coming off the sun? Or could the markets just crash given that we're already running on magiced up money that is on some hard drive somewhere. Interesting episode no doubt!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ahh memories.. the first thread i ever read on ATS.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

we seem to go around in circles/cycles here. didn't happen then.. doubt it will happen now..
edit on 7-1-2013 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
*WHEW*

And I thought the collapse of America really might just happen!

Folks, when's the last time someone predicted an event before it happened on ATS with accuracy? Anyone? Yep, I thought so.

If it's on ATS and a time frame is attached-- it's not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't see why there are some who are quick to dismiss this.
If I said to you guys in '97 that the twin towers are going to be a target some time in the near future because I saw it on the Simpsons you'd say I was nuts...but look what happened.
Yes, some will say coincidence etc but I think we should still keep an eye on this.
edit on 7/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I don't see why there are some who are quick to dismiss this.
If I said to you guys in '97 that the twin towers are going to be a target some time in the near future because I saw it on the Simpsons you'd say I was nuts...but look what happened.
Yes, some will say coincidence etc but I think we should still keep an eye on this.
edit on 7/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

I don't consider the 4 years from '97 to '01 "near future".

Look, it's very easy to go back and look through material and find "signs". It's a completley other beast to make concrete predictions and have them actually come to pass.

I got a dutch oven for Christmas. I'm sure if I look around on TV and in movies, I'll see hints that I was going to get one.

"Oh my gosh, he's cooking out of a Dutch oven, it's a sign!"

edit on 7-1-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Simpsons have always had a lot of satire laced in.
I don't think it means anything personally...but should that time frame come to fruition, I will eat crow for ATS to see.
(last comment not intended to be an attitude toward OP.It could be possible, it's just super unlikely)
edit on 7-1-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join