It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Predict Collapse of America within the next 6 weeks to 3 months.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Did anyone watch the latest episode of the simpsons? It was all about the end of the world and what not, but there was a line of dialog in it that made me question why they would say something like that. They specifcally said a number of times that America would collapse. Even homer himself said " america can't collapse, we're as powerful as ancient rome." Then later on in the episode they said "homer, we all know america's collapse is about 3 months away" Then someone else chimes in and says " six weeks at most,"

Now given that the creators of the simpsons are freemasons, is it possible that they might have some knowledge on this? Are they giving out a subtle sign? 6 weeks from today is feb 17th. 3 months from today is april 6th. Is it possible that somewhere in between that time frame, america's financial system will collapse?

What do you think?

Please do not comment if you have not watched the episode!

edit on 7-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think you watch too many cartoons. All media we see on mainstream TV, is a mirror of what is trending at the moment. If everyone had been talking about making a better dog biscuit...if everyone was tweeting dog biscuit recipes, and posting about dog biscuits on FB...the Simpsons writers would be whipping up an episode on...dog biscuits.

When was the last time you spent a whole day outside, just looking at real life around you...just curious...

Des

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
FFS!!!!!

I just unpacked the bunker and ate my 5 year supply of canned foods after 21/12/12 was a bust!!!!

Great so at most I got 6 weeks to restock, wish they could of told us earlier

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I just wanted to know what people think about it.

Is it not rather odd that they would say something like " we all know america's collapse is about 3 months away?

Why would they say that?

What reason do they have for saying that? They could have made the episode without saying that and made it about the whole thing. But they say it like it's not a joke. This doesn't seem like something any show, anywhere should be saying.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
They are plotting for April 1st.

You thought we lived in a free country.... Ahhhh haahhh, April Fools!!

I will add this episode's remarks to the current list I have going of people saying a few weeks to 3 months for the 1.6 billion UN bullets to start being used on the people.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I know people are going to hate me for posting this but you know about the Simpsons 9/11 magazine, right? The episode that was from aired in 1997. Here's a still image of what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

That is the reason why I have made this thread, I know there have been hints in previous episode about future events. Not so subtle hints either.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

February 24th is the premier of WMMA in the UFC. Machida vs. Henderson is a great match too. No way TPTB schedule the end of the world before this happens. So we have until March.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I just wanted to know what people think about it.

Is it not rather odd that they would say something like " we all know america's collapse is about 3 months away?

Why would they say that?

What reason do they have for saying that? They could have made the episode without saying that and made it about the whole thing. But they say it like it's not a joke. This doesn't seem like something any show, anywhere should be saying.

Why won't people get it... they're writers. TROLLS for the telly.

Come on man use your brain...

'Why would they do it?'

sigh

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
the thing that made me say "wait just a minute" in the episode was when they were in their bunker or whatever it was and the guy had the modified scope for making killing people easier. it, of course, had a set of angry eyebrows drawn on the scope to make everyone look angry when you were aiming down the sights. well, he went through the whole group looking at them through it, and when he got to maggie, he stopped and very ominously said "bang". at the least, it was very tacky of the writers to make such jokes after a bunch of kids got killed in a school shooting. at the most, and its a stretch, they are trying to hint us in that it was a staged event.

man, i sound absolutely crazy when i say this stuff out loud sometimes, haha.......

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I take it with a grain of salt, as I did with all of the other failed predictions. this is a comedy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
They are plotting for April 1st.

You thought we lived in a free country.... Ahhhh haahhh, April Fools!!

I will add this episode's remarks to the current list I have going of people saying a few weeks to 3 months for the 1.6 billion UN bullets to start being used on the people.

i would actually like to see this list!

second line

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I think they're making fun of people who predict doomsdays.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Its obvious the episode was about making fun of people who believe in doomsdays. However, they didn't have to say things like, it's obvious that america's collapse is 3 months away.... That is just uncalled for when everyone is worried about it enough as it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Its the Simpsons for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure it's an April fools joke for the fools and if I'm wrong then I'm the fool.

When it happens then it will happen but in the mean time, enjoy your new year and stay positive.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If i recall correctly Simpsons also predicted the world trade center disaster. So i would say this is something we definitely need to keep our eyes on!

edit on 7-1-2013 by misse2miss because: added video

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Hey do you think you can embed the episode clip if you can find it?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes the Tables will be turned,
as He carries The Book in one hand and The Sword in the other.
No Room shall remain Unentered and no Corner left Unswept.
So it is Written, So Shall it be Done.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 7-1-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Correction

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If a cartoon show can affect you that much, don't watch TV and look for the truth between real people.

NOTE : If this thread goes to the front page, I'll feel embarrassed as a ATS member.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Why do these freaking date callers persist? Is it intentional of these people to try to instigate negative emotional vibes from everything. The Simpson's are merely being sarcastic because of the December 21, no show. Which I'm sure you did your part to perpetuate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join