It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of Sen. Rand Paul arrested at N.C. airport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Son of Sen. Rand Paul arrested at N.C. airport

www.usatoday.com

The Charlotte Observer reports http://(link tracking not allowed)/13cI8me 19-year-old William Hilton Paul was arrested Saturday morning at Charlotte Douglas International Airport and charged with alcohol-related offenses.

The newspaper quotes Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Lt. Blake Hollar as saying it's possible Paul was served alcohol on the flight from Lexington, Ky., to Charlotte.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

edit on 1/7/2013 by Majic because: Added "Son of" to title to match the current title of the source article.

edit on Mon Jan 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed OP title

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Had to copy exact title..

Hope no special treatment is given for this pretty piss poor behavior...

Knowing his father is a senator I bet this all goes away.
Wonder what took so long for this information to hit?

I doubt this hurts Rand anymore then aqua buddah but it seems like he raised quite a great American there.

www.usatoday.com

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Had to copy exact title..

Hope no special treatment is given for this pretty piss poor behavior...

Knowing his father is a senator I bet this all goes away.
Wonder what took so long for this information to hit?

I doubt this hurts Rand anymore then aqua buddah but it seems like he raised quite a great American there.

www.usatoday.com

19 year old has a few drinks on a plane wow what a terrible crime... Sigh!
Me thinks he was probably targeted because of his dad... And why does that make him a bad American? He was in the air out of the Jurisdiction of any state...

edit on 7-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It wasn't senator Rand Paul who was detained,but his son.
You need to change your headline.

Police say U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's son was arrested after a flight from Kentucky to North Carolina.

edit on 7-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

What a misleading thread title. It was his 19 year old son, not the Senator that had a run in with the law....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Police say U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's son was arrested after a flight from Kentucky to North Carolina.

Des

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If he is guilty of a legitimate crime, then I hope he's treated like others in the same position, neither being singled out nor given special treatment. But if he's been arrested or singled out because of his relation to his father or grandfather, either to harass him or to sully the family name, then I hope the American public sees this action for what it truly is.

Regards,
R&C

EDIT: The inaccurate title threw me off at first too, but it's a mistake made by the news article itself, not gangdumstyle
edit on 7/1/13 by roseandcross because: correction

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
thats what happens when you serve to a minor- they become stupid.

shouldnt the focus be on the people who served him?

Who hasnt done exactly what this kid has done at that age? Ive done way worse than that at a younger age and nobody gave a damn.

But I dont have Pauls name.

I think this newspaper should worry more about the illegal stuff the current administration has been undertaking for the past 4 years-i.e-illegal gun running/killings. Or; The games the government has been playing instead of solving major issues that need be addressed.
Not so much about kids being served liquor- and using it to make one of the only respectable political names left in politics tainted over foolishness.

Last time I checked- The Pauls werent trying to impose taxes-mandatory at that-on me or my people. They never talked about stripping my rights away. They are not the enemy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
**** Corrected from first impression/post - (Sorry OP... I keep forgetting BAN forces title)

I think USA Today needs to do some staff reviews when they can't seem to keep a kid straight from his father, the Senator. I'd almost wonder if it was a mistake....or a "slip". Absurd!

As far as the story? I'm thinking by his age...there is a flight attendant that needs arrested along side him? Who served the 19yr old alcohol on the flight? The article says maybe on the flight but he either boarded REAL drunk to still be toasty by landing, I'm thinking....or someone served a minor. Ooooops.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Misleading title is from the Article, the OP followed posting procedure perfectly. I think the bigger deal was not the alcohol consumption, but his behavior, which may have been induced by drunkeness. Hopefully Rand Paul disciplines his son apropriately.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
LOL..Rand Paul's son being arrested is a big deal. How the limbs of the true tree of Dr. President Ron Paul hopefully recognize his true screw up. Young man, please understand where your at and dont need first class just becuz, dont think u have some kind of "acceptance" because of your name. Be HUMBLE. Be Responsable!!!

You have a legacy to uphold. Quit being a dumbass.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
they should let him go and give him a gold metal for not being a repressed douchebag.
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So, Sen Rand Paul NOT ACTUALLY arrested at all, his son was.

Not misleading in the slightest

Or interesting! lol

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The problem with a misleading title for a news item like this is that the correct content will not be remembered by most in a year, it will be the title which gets remembered. One has to wonder how accidental this error was. It would have been trivial to drop "Rand" and add "son."
edit on 7-1-2013 by BayesLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
its still shocking to me that a nineteen year old male or female(let them, not their numbered age determine if they are a man/woman or a child) can be shipped off to war, but cannot legally have an alcoholic drink in this country. people still make a big whoopty doo about some almost legal young adult getting busted drinking. haven't we all been there before? by all means, let him shed blood and die for his country though....... i dont know about this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
1st line
2nd line
3rd line
4th line

Is it OK to do this?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Don't act like a drunken fool in public and you won't get arrested. Especially if you're underage.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Why would he be targeted because his dad is Rand Paul? The guy is a status quo republican.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

anti new world order family? i got nothing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
**** Corrected from first impression/post - (Sorry OP... I keep forgetting BAN forces title)

I think USA Today needs to do some staff reviews when they can't seem to keep a kid straight from his father, the Senator. I'd almost wonder if it was a mistake....or a "slip". Absurd!

As far as the story? I'm thinking by his age...there is a flight attendant that needs arrested along side him? Who served the 19yr old alcohol on the flight? The article says maybe on the flight but he either boarded REAL drunk to still be toasty by landing, I'm thinking....or someone served a minor. Ooooops.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)
Well Kentucky to NC is not a very far flight 2 hours TOPS, probably less then that but lets say 2 hours, seeing if he drank 10 or 12 shots before the flight and being it takes an hour per drink to leave the system he very well might have not been served on the plane.. HE also could of been on a few prescription drugs also...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What a misleading thread title. It was his 19 year old son, not the Senator that had a run in with the law....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Police say U.S. Sen. Rand Paul's son was arrested after a flight from Kentucky to North Carolina.

Des

Haha....maybe his son's name is Rand Paul ......Jr.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join