It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of Sen. Rand Paul arrested at N.C. airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

A teenager being drunk AND disruptive?
I bet he smokes the dope and listens to that rock and or roll too!
Relax Aunt Bee, Mayberry will be ok.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

they send you off to war at that age for the same reason you cant drink at younger ages. because kids are easily lead and influenced ^^ if the law was no one can go to war until 50 years of age, there wouldnt be many wars lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
His son is Senator

Fix the title

and stop posting drunk!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
its still shocking to me that a nineteen year old male or female(let them, not their numbered age determine if they are a man/woman or a child) can be shipped off to war, but cannot legally have an alcoholic drink in this country. people still make a big whoopty doo about some almost legal young adult getting busted drinking. haven't we all been there before? by all means, let him shed blood and die for his country though....... i dont know about this one.

Not only that but they will try kids as 'adults' as early as 12 years old. The state will claim a child is a responsible adult when it suits them, and claim an adult is too young for something when it suits them - hypocrisy all the way around. There ought to be one point at which a person can go from not being able to drink, by tried as an adult, give consent, go to war, gamble, smoke, vote, etc to being able to do those things. You're either an adult or you're not. I guess the US is still well behind the curve on this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
if the law was no one can go to war until 50 years of age, there wouldnt be many wars lol.

Of course... but where else would they get their expendables? Gotta fuel the war machine somehow, may as well be the kids.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

So he has a son has been drinking beer so what of it? when i was a teenager i was drinking to but not that much.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
what this kid did was mild.

not a big deal really. he wasn't driving or hurt anyone. (That I know of)

we've all had our drunken stumbles before. happens to the best of us.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i thought boarding drunk is not allowed,

while getting alittle drunk off their expensive little bottle service is welcome!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The way some posters are replying it seems if they found out who they just arrested was the son
of a senator a certain son of a congressman's son, no big deal.. Laws are not meant to be broken!!
edit on 7-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Okay, then I want to see some gate agents arrested... lol... I mean this isn't a story with an upside, any way you slice it. 10-12 shots? If we want to figure that amount before he boarded? Yeah... People are turned away from flying because they merely smell a touch like alcohol and might has a slight slur....but that would have this minor downright drunk.

Then...I'd have to ask...who at the airport on the other side served him? I don't know about you, but I've done a bit of flying for business and necessity in the past couple years. I've never cleared through an airport from curb to aircraft in under an hour. Usually more. So.... Yeah... I'd say regardless...someone has some explaining to do beyond just him if anyone cared to ask how he got that way.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How is it news that a 19 year old person was arrested for underage drinking? I have a 19 year old daughter. If she was arrested for underage drinking, it will not make the news.
He is Rand Paul's son, not Rand Paul, not Ron Paul.
He is an adult, in that he is old enough to vote and hold down a job. If he was under 18 years of age, it would relate to his father's inability to control his son's behavior, but that is not the case.

Star and flag since you have ammo in your avvie.

edit on 7-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This story is ridiculous in my opinion. All they are doing is trying to cast aspersions on the Paul family name. I would hope that most people realize that you can't control what your adult children do or do not do- and for all purposes this young man is a legal adult (other than the alcohol thing). He can drive, vote, marry, live on his own, receive the death penalty, purchase tobacco or die in the service of his country. The press is making a big deal out of this for malicious political purposes only, because of who the young man is related to. Rand Paul does not control the actions of his grown child. It would be absurd to think so.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Like it or not, this reflects poorly on Rand because it shows a fail at parenting.

Maybe he should be more concerned about his family than he is about pretending to be some revolutionary figure.

The Paul family has issues, this just is more proof of that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If this goes away like all other rich important people's children...than you know the Pauls' are just as corrupt as any other politician..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Singled out or not, why does this news have to make headlines? He's a kid, he made a mistake. As someone else said focus shouldn't only be on him but the people serving him. Everyone makes stupid mistakes, no reason to ruin the Paul name because of one because the only reason this is big news is because it's a member of the Paul family.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
**** Corrected from first impression/post - (Sorry OP... I keep forgetting BAN forces title)

I think USA Today needs to do some staff reviews when they can't seem to keep a kid straight from his father, the Senator. I'd almost wonder if it was a mistake....or a "slip". Absurd!

As far as the story? I'm thinking by his age...there is a flight attendant that needs arrested along side him? Who served the 19yr old alcohol on the flight? The article says maybe on the flight but he either boarded REAL drunk to still be toasty by landing, I'm thinking....or someone served a minor. Ooooops.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

BINGO!! In the real world establishments/bartenders who serve or sell to minors are held accountable... No story here. A 19 year old apparently orders a drink on an airplane without being asked for identification and the media fail to question the airline and its practices.

Wonder if he was riding up in first class where the drinks are usually free? I would expect any typical 19 year old to at least try to order a drink while riding First class

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Muchado 'bout nothing.

I'd be more concerned if he had signed up for the armed services...i

Another poster here had a great idea but exaggerated it a bit too far.

How about instead of complaining about our own incredible hypocrisy of sending eighteen
year olds off TO DIE in war while NOT TRUSTING them enough to allow them a drink of alcohol
we simply raise the recruitment age for military service to twenty one?

As far as the topic goes, who cares IMO. I wouldn't care if it was any politician's, actor's
sports celebrity or even my own child....nothing abnormal or particularly wrong with having a
drink at eighteen and getting a little rowdy

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

So he has a son has been drinking beer so what of it? when i was a teenager i was drinking to but not that much.

At 19 it shouldn't even be an issue. Up here many of us are already bar hopping at whatever age our province lets us, either 18 or 19.
It's ridiculous that the US still has 21 as the age one is permitted to drink.
19 is adult enough for anything else, why not alcohol?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder who paid for this plane ticket? Most likely Rand did, and his son should be ashamed of himself for acting the way he did, make all the excuses you want people... Does this make Rand a bad parent or his son a bad person? NO I never said that..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

A teenager being drunk AND disruptive?
I bet he smokes the dope and listens to that rock and or roll too!
Relax Aunt Bee, Mayberry will be ok.

Best post I've read on ATS in a while.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join