It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Security Helicopters Testing Radiation Levels Above DC Area

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Agreed it's a cover for something, and I'm sure eventually we wlii find out for what.
Meanwhile, the Obamanation I am sure has not lost one of his golf balls, he has people to keep track of those.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Its not the plane. I brought the "Constant Phoenix" variant to show the air sampler pods on the side. These collect particulates when flying thru clouds of contamination.

The pods on the side of the helicopter that flew over the bay area last August look similar in nature albeit more modern. They are after all outboard in the slip stream.

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Satellites need something as obvious as a Nuclear Warhead. The Nuclear Emergency Search Team (NEST) Helicopters are equipped for the low altitude searching and detect...well, much much less than would be inside a functional warhead.

Indeed...so with that said, doesn't the government have something radioactive they could place somewhere the satellite would focus on?

That's a great idea get a warhead expose it in a public place and see what happens!!!

They want a base line, use at least some common sense, if they have a base line then if there was any threat of that type it would be easier to track/find

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Anybody think that maybe the reason they never told anyone is because they don't want anyone to skew their tests?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It sounds like someone's coming over for dinner and it's time for a show.

Is it going to be an exercise where they plant something that emits radiation and they go find it? Or are they training? Or is this a smoke screen for other activity in the area?

You'd think that they test radiation levels in the DC area all the time; what makes this time special? I can't imagine needing to test anything from the sky. All those buildings are going to be in the way. Is this where they test the terahertz scanners and probe all the buildings?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

You'd think that they test radiation levels in the DC area all the time; what makes this time special? I can't imagine needing to test anything from the sky.

They DO. The baseline run gets done about every six months. And since there isn't a fine grid of radiation detectors in place (they're at the perimeters) you need a baseline scan to find a source if it gets past you into the DC area, or if someone brings one in by air.

They run biowarfare scans too, there IS a network of detectors in DC for that sort of thing, uses Mie effect spore detectors in part. They make test powders that have JUST the right particle size to them to simulate various spores and bacteria, and boy are they expensive.

When they run an exercise, a guy from DHS gets a bag of spore simulant and drops it from a pretermined spot, the net goes off, and the run is on. The field teams run back and forth mapping with helos trying to find the drop point, the spread, the person that dropped the "anthrax", sometimes there are casualty drills along with it.

I have been sorely sorely tempted to get a bag of "tularemia" simulant or whatnot and have an impromptu test of the system during some sort of political hoorah but it's too easy to track that stuff. I think they'd be peed off in a major way. But the fun you could have.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Any word on whether or not they will release the radiation level data??

I have been waiting for information on the increase in radiation levels from Fukushima for a while now, and while I really hadn't been considering that a governmental agency would tell us, we might be able to get some information from this with a Freedom Of Information case. Certainly the chances of there still being radiological contamination (since the reactors are still not fixed/sealed), is very high.

Buckminsterfullerene can also carry radiological isotopes over large distances, and since we know the ocean water that was used to cool down the reactors was put back into the ocean, one could imagine it would have started to effect the large bodies of water on the North American Western shorelines.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Weird that they'd alert the public to this, surprising really. I thought secrecy was their strong suit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join