Nuclear Security Helicopters Testing Radiation Levels Above DC Area

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just think its cool that we have helicopters that conduct tests on their own! Skynet anyone? I would have thought humans were conducting these tests.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hey Dragon Fire... I missed this, sorry I didn't see it earlier.

I did a thread about this when they sampled the air here in SF Bay Area...

I was unclear at the beginning what the sampling was about or how they were accomplishing it from a helicopter. Then at the end I hit upon the technology.

The helicopter has two pods on the side of it that contain compressors and filter paper to capture particulates in the air. There are other instruments on board (like geiger counters) that measure "background" as they fly along. The "pods" are the same technology they been using for decades to detect and measure radioactivity from atomic bomb tests and violations of treaties.

Helicopter video

In this shot from the link below you can see the pod on the side of the plane about middle:

www.globalsecurity.org...

The WC-135 aircraft is a modified C-135B. The Constant Phoenix's modifications are primarily related to its on-board atmospheric collection suite, which allows the mission crew to detect radioactive "clouds" in real time.

The aircraft is equipped with external flow-through devices to collect particulates on filter paper and a compressor system for whole air samples collected in holding spheres.

CONSTANT PHOENIX WC-135W

The "holding spheres" are the pods.

You connect the dots...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm surprised to see they're still flying them. As of 2005 it had been several years since I'd seen a WC-135, so I thought they were all retired. Two of the VIP C-135s we had at Hickam started out as WC-135s. In fact the first pic on that Global Security page is 12674, and we had 12671 at Hickam. It used to be 612668, 612669 (which later became Speckled Trout which was a test bed, and the CSAFs airplane) 612671, 612672, 612673, and 612674. Those all started life as WC-135s, most of them went on to become C-135s, which were used as VIP transports.

Speckled Trout (don't ask), was by far the prettiest of them, and was responsible for testing just about every major breakthrough that came about in the aviation industry for many many years.

Trout99:

612668 (drawing of what she looked like later 612671 looked identical)

The early years:

612671 (the early years, later it looked just like 12668):

Now 671 sits at the Tinker AFB air park, minus the tail antenna.

612672 (operated as Open Skies transport for several years):

612673:

612674:

And this concludes my ultra nerdy post. Sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
just pray there is no "drills" going on the area. usualy bad things happen after "drills".

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe they found something similar or much worst like the swamp bubble thing in Louisiana, or maybe it's actually happening the Fallout game series might become true, and president Eden I think it was would become the new leader of the wastelands.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
Looking for a Nuclear Hot Spot look no further then the Israeli Embassy

ISRAELI EMBASSY IN NYC A RADIATION HOT SPOT
by x Saturday, Oct. 14, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Feds surveyed NYC for radiation, found tainted park, Embassy

WASHINGTON -- Anti-terrorism officials conducted a helicopter survey of
New York City's radiation sources in preparation for a so-called "dirty
bomb" attack - and discovered a Staten Island park with dangerously high
levels of radium, a new report found.

Federal authorities found 80 unexpected "hot spots" around New York
City, according to the Government Accountability Office, the
investigative arm of Congress.

One alleged radiation hot spot on Manhattan's east side has the
potential for becoming a political hot spot: A strong radiation spike
from the area of the Israeli Embassy. Officials would not comment on why
they thought that particular area allegedly showed such a stunning peak
in radiation.

Full Story: cleveland.indymedia.org...

Nice find! Makes one wonder if the Israelis are not planning something to create a response into Iran!
Well what will be, will be! I just hope if it is nuclear it's not a dirty bomb cause I live in S.I. and don't want
go out like that and would much rather have it over in a milli second!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Guess this explains the heavy air traffic in my area, it looked a little weird for there to be that many military helicopters to be over head that much and for that long.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
if you build a bunker just 3 meters down and lead line the top.
they can not find Rad from space.
but This will find it. so if some one is hiding nuclear bombs they will find them.

are they doing this all over?
no! then they are looking for some thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
OMG!!!!
The Big Earth Quake just above Washington, D.C.
They are looking for Radiation from it.

think on this.
trigger the fault line on the west coast of US.
by using nuc bombs out side of america.

their are a lot of big quakes just above and below the west coast of US.
have a look at the quakes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They are simply establishing the security net for the upcoming inauguration. Seems like they are planning for something unusual.

Buses used for blockades...during the parade

The U.S. Secret Service wants a contractor to provide 46 busses and 10 bus operators to provide barricading services along designated parade routes in the District of Columbia area for President Obama’s second inauguration on Jan. 21.

The bus operator will be expected to deliver, set up, operate and remove the vehicles, says a solicitation issued by the Secret Service on Dec. 28.

The busses and drivers must be available from 2:00 AM through 6:30 PM on Jan. 21st.

Prospective drivers must be U.S. citizens, possess a valid commercial driver’s license, and undergo a police background investigation, says the solicitation.

Proposals from potential vendors are due by 5 PM on Jan. 4, 2013.

www.gsnmagazine.com...

Sniffing for something dirty??

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I saw this being done in the DC area (Northern Virginia) back in the early 2000's after 9/11. Very low, doing line patterns about 100 meters apart. It flew in the area I was for a good day or two. I finally called the local police dispatch to see if they knew anything, and they said no. Incredulous that they knew nothing about a low flying helicopter inside the beltway, I changed tactics and asked if they had any other calls from concerned residents in the area about the helicopter, and they said "No, this is the first we have heard of it." Then I knew they were lying about it...there is no way I was the only person curious, when at this time, I am pretty sure Reagan National was still shut down for DC region safety.

I figured it had to be radiation or air sniffing with the silver/Stainless steel looking pods on the helicopter trying to get readings. This was about the same time the Air Sniffers started showing up at the Metro stations in the area too.

It was the same type and configuration helicopter as an earlier poster linked to...so the actual story holds serious weight.

Baseline readings of radiation in order to install a ground based detection system.

At least this time around, 10-12 years later, they are actually being open about why and what they are doing as opposed to back then when it was still National Security Classified.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
gamma detectors who they looking for bruce banner. but seriously they must think that a possibility of a nuke or a dirty bomb might be in dc area so that meanss they had reliable intel that the threat could be real now that they haven't found it they trying to side step the public by acting like it was practice

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Federal authorities found 80 unexpected "hot spots" around New York
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Yet you choose the Israeli embassey
Any idea what the 79 were ? Bagel shops ?
edit on 7-1-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YarlanZey
reply to post by Senduko

Yes I was thinking aout Fuku too. Would they not already have a baseline or idea about what the noemal background levels are for this area?

Re Fuku there was talk about them moving the rods from one of the pools. Maybe they have started this already.

Perhaps they want to establish a new baseline so if/when something goes wrong at Fuku they have the new figures to assure everyone that there is nothing to worry about.

Is there any indication this measuring is going on anywhere else?

you had me at assure.

if things go very wrong in Fukushima, they wont be reassuring you of anything, except perhaps how fast people are expiring.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The link about "Israeli embassy rad hot spot" has a comments section. In there it explains that:

Googling for "alleged radiation hot spot on Manhattan's east side" gives only one other result, which is an October 10 article at p4.forumforfree.com... which on casual inspection seems to be a verbatim source for the CIMC article. This page includes a (dead) source link to www.halturnershow.com... This in turn seems to be a reference to Hal Turner, who has an interesting and very up-to-date wikipedia entry. Apparently he's a white supremacist. An amusing (alleged) quote from his website is listed here:
RUMOR: CARDINALS MAY SELECT AN AFRICAN OR LATIN AS NEXT PONTIFF TO REACH OUT TO THE THIRD WORLD
If they do, it will rightly mean the total destruction of the Catholic Church. Non-Whites can never be Pope because they are not of God's Chosen; Jews have been trying to steal the title of "God's Chosen" for centuries, but those of us who understand the Bible know that only whites constitute God's Chosen. It says so in the Bible, Book of Genesis
I wonder if he might have an axe to grind in regards to Israel? :-)

cleveland.indymedia.org...

The other thing I wanted to add about the disturbing number of "80" or so radiation spikes they found in and around New York City? It was confusing until I remembered the TV series "Sopranos". The mob used to contract to dispose of waste materials like asbestos and low level medical waste, etc., then dump it in the swamp and pocket the exorbitant fee.

I know its TV, (but based on the real life activities of a mob family, right)?
edit on 7-1-2013 by intrptr because: BB code
edit on 7-1-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

On cue...

Nice off topic dis-info dump to diffuse the message I was trying to convey Zaphod...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Wasn't trying to derail anything. Just throwing some information out there, and thought it would be interesting for those that were interested. But hey, my handlers pay me by the character.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Umm hmmm...
Then maybe you can explain to me what your air plane catalog post have to do with Radiation monitoring by Helicopter over DC? Or anywhere over the rest of the country?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh, I'm sorry, but YOU were the one that brought up the WC-135. All of those aircraft were previous or current WC-135s, and I stated that I wasn't aware that they were still flying. But what does the WC-135 that you brought up have to do with radiation monitoring over DC? They never said they were using it anywhere, only helicopters.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So 80 or so unexpected radiation spikes. What kind of radiation? Where on the island specifically. Very keen to mention it Israeli Embassy but I would think the 79 other hotspots are just as important, especially if they are "unexpected." Do they surround or are they near Ground Zero? Just a thought there...what if the dirty bomb(s) (if there are or were any) already went off...really wish we knew what kind of radiation.

I read an article a while back about someone stumbling upon radiation or uranium or something to that nature in an old science lab or somewhere. I can't recall where and at the time of this post I can't locate a link.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant