It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators signal tough fight for Hagel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Senators on Sunday indicated a tough confirmation fight for former Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Barack Obama's reported pick to be the next Secretary of Defense. On NBC's "Meet the Press," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that Republicans in the upper chamber would treat Hagel "fairly" but that his past statements on Israel and Iran will be subject to tough scrutiny. "I think he'll be subjected to the same kind of oversight hearings that any nominee for such an important position would expect," McConnell said. "And his views with regard to Israel, for example, and Iran and all the other positions that he's taken over the years will be very much a matter of discussion in the confirmation process."

Well he can pretty much kiss this position goodbye. As a former member of government he should have known that no one is allowed to say anything about Israel. Say whatever you want about America but when it comes to Israel keep your mouth shut. It's sad to see McConnell turn on someone he once supported over his views of another country. I guess McConnell is blind as to what AIPAC does in this country or he is in AIPAC's pocket.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Senators on Sunday indicated a tough confirmation fight for former Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Barack Obama's reported pick to be the next Secretary of Defense. On NBC's "Meet the Press," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that Republicans in the upper chamber would treat Hagel "fairly" but that his past statements on Israel and Iran will be subject to tough scrutiny. "I think he'll be subjected to the same kind of oversight hearings that any nominee for such an important position would expect," McConnell said. "And his views with regard to Israel, for example, and Iran and all the other positions that he's taken over the years will be very much a matter of discussion in the confirmation process."

Well he can pretty much kiss this position goodbye. As a former member of government he should have known that no one is allowed to say anything about Israel. Say whatever you want about America but when it comes to Israel keep your mouth shut. It's sad to see McConnell turn on someone he once supported over his views of another country. I guess McConnell is blind as to what AIPAC does in this country or he is in AIPAC's pocket.
Yes, across the net and the media, he's being painted as an anti-Semite which will undoubtedly submarine his candidacy. Quite frankly I was surprised by Obama's consideration of him for the position, but I guess life is stranger than fiction. Hagel will be dragged through the mud.

join