It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in orbit view from the ISS January 5, 2013 © NASA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A UFO is seen heading towards the Earth [ Captured from the ISS on January 5, 2013 ]

The object reappears on January 6 , 2013

What Do You Say ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Its a good video, hard for me to tell. At first I was gonna call it a planet (still think it might be) but I figured Id be more open minded to the subject matter.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
after watching this video a few times i dont think it is a ufo.. It kinda looks sluggish! I dont know it was weird.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Could be one of hundreds of satellites orbiting Earth. Not enough clear evidence to prove it is a UFO. Nice find though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not very ufo-y

Space debris?
Anything other than an intelligently controlled craft?

I was waiting for the 90 degree turn with massive velocity. Yet it never happened. Talk about anticlimactic.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It looks like a geostationary satellite.

Does UFO as a term, qualify for orbiting objects?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Looks like lens debris to me, although I'm certainly no expert. I would expect true UFO movement to be more linear and faster.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Planet , probably Jupiter , I believe it's unusually bright right now .

If would have been nice if you could have followed it below the horizon to see if it disappeared or was seen against the clouds .

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Black knight sattelite

heh

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I love NASA videos because they rule out at least a hundred and sixty seven things they're not. Plus I like sparring with a certain member

What I find interesting or telling is its movement. It's got a jerkiness to it however I'm not sure what that might be indicative of. Surely I would suspect another satellite (or any organic object for that matter) to effortlessly glide along and not be as halting.

I think this is something worth considering and finally a departure from the bird-bat-bug-balloon threads!

Thanks OP. Is this your video? I appreciated the flight map at the end. Doesn't help. But nice touch just the same!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
It looks like a geostationary satellite.

Does UFO as a term, qualify for orbiting objects?

"Occam's assassin" Too funny!! But Murphy is the one who needed to be axed. Anyway.....

It does seem we need to create a more updated dictionary huh? It will be so nice when our species telepathically communicates with patterns/images instead of words which actually keeps us divided. But, wrong thread for that rant.

I would think our estimated 75 year old term for 'UFO' holds up for objects out in the cosmos too. Perhaps we need a planetary vote.
But semantically speaking it may not be technically 'flying' rather guided in an orbit not of its own volition.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

i thought the iss traveled at 17500 mph i may be wrong but that speed is not sluggish just my opinion

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's good to keep scanning space video for possible anomalies and reporting them quickly -- but please, give sharper information on exact date/time.

The reason is, there is always a real chance that it could be a genuine anomaly, either a spacecraft malfunction or other threat, expected or unexpected. In the past, missions have failed -- and at least one crew died -- because a clue that should have been seen out the window, was overlooked.

For that reason, 'false positives' should not be discouraged -- better a string of 'maybes' that turn out to be 'never-minds', than a more careful -- and shorter -- string of 'probables' that MIGHT well overlook a potentially life-saving -- or world-shaking -- clue.

Please keep eyes open and communications clear for 'possibles', and don't be discouraged.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nop , not my video. This video is recorded by xfilecomander [ I think he is a Russian ]

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

What Do You Say ?

As Jim Oberg pointed out its important to keep an eye out as it could something of concern for those working up there.

I ask what the OP thoughts are? Alien, space deb re from the mission, lets see yours before we show you ours

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I ask what the OP thoughts are?

UFO from distant star system

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equiinox
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I ask what the OP thoughts are?

UFO from distant star system

What in the world does this mean?

How does it come from another star system when its a UFO?

UFO is an acronym for Unidentified flying object.

Unidentified meaning it cannot be identified to any aircraft or natural phenomena

Flying is a term used when in Earths atmosphere,

Object says that there is something physically there and not a illusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Thank you for enabling you to share new and unexpected news!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

UFO flying in space, filmed from the ISS. Video recorded by astronauts © NASA

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Could be one of hundreds of satellites orbiting Earth. Not enough clear evidence to prove it is a UFO. Nice find though.
Star for you as that's what I think I'm seeing as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join