It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD IN AMERICA: Insane US capitalist med culture ruins minds, fuels violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
[link removed]

Remember Flintstones vitamins and Johnson & Johnson baby powder? Well, look at what J&J and others are shoving down American kids' throats these days!

Johnson and Johnson reportedly agreed to pay up to $2.2 billion for illegally promoting a variety of drugs, primarily the atypical antipsychotic Risperdal — and even that giant settlement with the government doesn’t resolve several other state lawsuits against the company, seeking billions more, for related offenses. In 2009, Eli Lilly was similarly made to pay $1.4 billion in fines related mainly to the illegal marketing of its antipsychotic drug Zyprexa, Eli Lilly made $67 BILLION on Zyprexa! 615 million of that to settle criminal charges. The charges against Lilly involved selling Zyprexa to doctors for use in children, despite the fact that it was not approved for this age group. Bristol Myers Squibb paid $515 million in 2007 to settle charges that it also illegally pushed its antipsychotic Abilify to child psychiatrists. Pfizer paid out $301 million in a similar case related to its drug Geodon. AstraZeneca paid out $520 million to settle charges over the drug Seroquel. In all of these cases, the drugs were sold for unapproved use in youth...

healthland.time.com...

We are now seeing in the new generation, results of millions of children that were vaccinated & medicated to extreme (as much as 49 shots of up to 120 vaccines by age 6!): many neurological disorders which in turn call for sedating them with so-called antipsychotics yet now have before us the next generation of permanently over-medicated adults exhibiting worsening extreme psychoses!

edit on 5-1-2013 by minnow because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jan 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Certainly not the type of drugs that should be exposed to kids. I have had a brief experience with two of the antipsychotics mentioned and I found the best thing to do was throw them in the bin. To anyone out there, dont let the drugs decide what you are, use your mind and you can beat anything even in the darkest hours. We need to put a stop to this insanity..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's time for us to embrace holistic medicine and put these parasitic profit machines out of business. I've been of this opinion for years.

Except for vicodin - that's some good stuff right there. Get a chronic, extremely painful condition and you'll be glad they invented that stuff.

There are some pharmaceuticals that should be on the market, but the profit motive has driven these bloated, publicly-traded companies to lobby the FDA and Washington to approve dangerous, unproven drugs to treat conditions that aren't even real. Attention deficit disorder? Are you ****ing kidding me?

I didn't watch the video, but I assume that was the gist of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nurse Ratched Says....

(Cue the Music)

It's Medication Time.... Medication Time...

Is your child sometimes naughty? - Give em some of these Pills

Feel sad after a break-up? - Take some of these Pills

You have some nervous tension? - Take this Pill after Meals

You can't sleep after drinking coffee all day? - Drop a few of these Pills

Your heartbroken after your pet dies? - Swallow a truck load of these Pills

Your child swore at you? - They need some of these Pills

If none of that works try some of this.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

When I developed schizophrenia in 1998 I was put on risperdal and went from 88kg to 130kg and was basically a barely functioning zombie obviously if your concerned about childhood obesity or your kid getting good grades forget this crap,I am now on abilify which for my condition is the best drug i've ever had in terms of mental clarity and weight gain minimalisation but I have a serious mental illness and this is a serious drug every 6 months I have to have a blood test to make sure its not affecting my internals its not something you give little Johnny because he's hyperactive or a problem in class.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

I'm not sure why you say it is capitalist that are the cause of this. This is not free market medicine, it is government regulated, mandated, and monopolized by state licensing. Not even close to capitalism. Get your stuff straight.

None of the drugs given ever address the source of the imbalance or illness. At best they numb or attempt to cover up the symptoms, hence the reason why government supports this type of medical system so strongly. These people do not want a healthy and clear headed population, the doped up one serves them just fine.
edit on 5-1-2013 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

I would encourage you to get a neuro transmitter test done and work with someone who balances brain chemistry. This is more likely to address the problem as opposed to just covering it up with an anti-psychotic.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankySamurai

I'm not sure why you say it is capitalist that are the cause of this. This is not free market medicine, it is government regulated, mandated, and monopolized by state licensing. Not even close to capitalism. Get your stuff straight.

None of the drugs given ever address the source of the imbalance or illness. At best they numb or attempt to cover up the symptoms, hence the reason why government supports this type of medical system so strongly. These people do not want a healthy and clear headed population, the doped up one serves them just fine.
edit on 5-1-2013 by crankySamurai because: (no reason given)

Interesting and thanks for pointing that out. Monsanto & Merck Pharma to me represent crony capitalism gone mad, where even US "government" itself is a corporation out to capitalize on everyone and everything in the world, in the best interest of its fattest/greediest shareholders (banksters).

Couldn't agree more, that these people (whether government/corporations) all want a malleable taxpaying body too busy consuming crap (adulterated water food drugs etc) to ever revolt or break free of the system's stronghold.

Vicodin has become so small fry; nowadays seems even kids & virtually all military personnel skip Vicodin (complaining theres too much acetaminophen and not enough opiate!) and start off with Perkoset for toothache or whatever agonizing American pain, and quickly move into Oxycodone & Oxycontin and even high dose morphine in pills... for the rest of their lives through one after 'pain management' provider to the next!

top topics

join