It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rape case loophole prompts uproar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
Damn...what woman pissed you off in the past?!
All you have done is bash women in your comments.
Nice....

No one is "bashing women". He is stating some facts, like it or not. Not all women are victims and the rape card gets played often when there was no rape.

For me, this case is rather strange and something just does not add up. So this man crawls into bed with her and starts kissing and caressing her, she responds positively, they have sex and at some point in time she realizes it is not her boyfriend? That does not make sense.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Contempt for women on a forum of right wing extremists is really no surprise.

But this is sick and the law needs to be re-written. Archaic laws shouldn't be able to be pulled up and used...

edit on 5-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I know you are only joking about the last part but it brings up a real subject that I as a mere guy can not get my head around... There have been some women I have met (shockingly quite a few actually) that fantasize about being raped, it has always puzzled me... Just the other day I was at my friends sisters house and we were talking about something, I won't go into that but it lead me to ask, "well what would you do if a gang of armed thugs broke in your house and robbed you or raped you or something?" the sister said "owwwww I'd love that! They wouldn't be able to leave, I'd rape them!"

I thought well she must just be joking or just saying it because she is nervous, like a nervous laughter or something... So I laughed and said "oh come on obviously you don't mean that" or words to that effect and she said "No, seriously, I'm terrible!"

Your little joke just reminded of it... Being a woman of the world maybe you can shed some light on this for me?

Finally on topic: This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! Surely they could use some common sense here! Did this lad have some high profile parents or something? It just strikes me as ridiculous! So you can go round raping girls just so long as you pretend to be someone else?

Edit: Let me expand on that... Like if I broke in to some random girls house and started having sex with her while she was asleep I could claim that I was pretending to be her dad, I wasn't pretending to be her husband so it's all good, right? Well there is no difference here really is there... So it seems to me that they are saying just so long as the girl is asleep when you start everything is fine... Still can't work out this non-sense!

Sickening...
edit on 5-1-2013 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

You mistake me. No woman in her right mind wants to be raped. But if someone I knew slipped under the covers and I mistook him for my husband and everything was feeling alright I could have "a little something different" without the guilt of having an affair because at first I wouldn't know that it wasn't my husband and when I realized that it wasn't I could always say I couldn't help myself.

Why on Earth would you assume I would want to be raped? With the woman in question it was rape because once she found out it wasn't her boyfriend she did not want to have sex with her brother's friend. If she had wanted to and played along with it we wouldn't be talking about it at all. If the women you know have fantasies of actually being raped my guess would be that they have never experienced being really raped themselves or they would never consider such a thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You mistake me.

No, I think you mistake me...

No woman in her right mind wants to be raped

They didn't seem like lunatics to me, but perhaps just screwed up? Maybe they have been through abuse already? I know a couple that had and they were very promiscuous to say the least...

But if someone I knew slipped under the covers and I mistook him for my husband and everything was feeling alright I could have "a little something different" without the guilt of having an affair because at first I wouldn't know that it wasn't my husband and when I realized that it wasn't I could always say I couldn't help myself.

See this is funny because the guy you knew would be slipping into your bed to rape you (in his mind right? Cos he doesn't know you want "a little something different")... So he starts while you are asleep and you wake up but don't mind all too much, is that rape? I mean the guy intended to rape you so is actually a rapist, even if you wanted to continue... It isn't THAT far off from saying what these girls have said to me...

Why on Earth would you assume I would want to be raped?

Why would you assume that I assumed that? I already said I knew you were joking... I even said "Your little joke just reminded of it" Nowhere do I say that you want to be raped, (even though you kinda did)...

With the woman in question it was rape because once she found out it wasn't her boyfriend she did not want to have sex with her brother's friend.

No see I disagree here... It was rape as soon as the guy put his member inside, her reaction to it is irrelevant... Like when a girl gets spiked, she may not even remember the event even happening, she may not even know she was raped... So the rape didn't begin as soon as she realized...

If she had wanted to and played along with it we wouldn't be talking about it at all.

Agreed...

If the women you know have fantasies of actually being raped my guess would be that they have never experienced being really raped themselves or they would never consider such a thing.

Yes possibly, I am shocked at how frequently I've heard it... One did try to explain to me one day, she said that she wouldn't actually want it to happen but the thought of it turned her on, someone overpowering her and all that... I don't know, I just put it down to women and their curiosities, lol...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Maybe I mistake your being mistaken, I've been awake too long! Maybe you're right about it being just a woman's curiosity, I don't know. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's rape if a woman doesn't want it, not rape if she does. Maybe the perpetrator IS a rapist regardless of the situation even if the woman is agreeable, or maybe the agreeable woman is pulling "Jedi mind tricks" on him. who knows? Different strokes for different folks.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I know you are only joking about the last part but it brings up a real subject that I as a mere guy can not get my head around... There have been some women I have met (shockingly quite a few actually) that fantasize about being raped,

Some women have fantasies of being dominated while having sex, that can end up in having a "rape fantasy". But they in no way actually want to be raped by a stranger. They just want rough role play sex with their partner.

Huge difference.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Perhaps

She "thought" it was her bf so she allowed it to continue. I listed viable reasons for her to think it wasn't her bf/husband and yet she allowed it to continue.

To me, this is another case of a woman having intercourse and feeling bad or guilty so claiming rape. I know of many of women who have done such things. It's disgraceful.

As a female I agree. I know some sick chicks who have done the same.

I mean how the heck do you NOT know that is your bf?! Do you keep your eyes closed the ENTIRE time. Can you not tell just by touching your supposed loved ones body that is wasn't theirs?!

Sorry if someone slipped into bed to pretend to be my fiancee I'd know it even blind folded.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Maybe I mistake your being mistaken, I've been awake too long!

No biggy and it is to be expected from a "granny"...

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's rape if a woman doesn't want it, not rape if she does. Maybe the perpetrator IS a rapist regardless of the situation even if the woman is agreeable, or maybe the agreeable woman is pulling "Jedi mind tricks" on him. who knows? Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah it is a pretty strange thought really, because if the guy intended to rape and then the girl doesn't complain or actually wanted to then they have stolen the guys power really, he no longer got what he intended, ie to rape... Though it would make the girl rather strange for wanting to have sex with a self admitted rapist...

Any way glad we got all that cleared up, lol

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Some women have fantasies of being dominated while having sex, that can end up in having a "rape fantasy". But they in no way actually want to be raped by a stranger. They just want rough role play sex with their partner. Huge difference.

You may be right, it is still pretty screwed up if you ask me... One thing though, you say... "They just want rough role play sex with their partner" All the girls I'm talking about were single... And what do you make of my friends sister (who is single) adamant that she actually would because she is "terrible"... Though I think in her case it's not her fantasizing about rape but maybe just sex in general, even if it is with someone intending to rape her? Which is still pretty messed up...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How is he pretending to be her boyfriend. She woke up to him having sex with her. THAT IS RAPE. THAT IS NON CONSENTUAL SEX WITH AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON. END OF CASE. As for the archaic law, that judge should be coherced by large numbers of people to turn himself in for subverting justice. Thats the kind of world I want, where a button is pushed online, ALERT, and 1 million people show up and don't go away until real justice is done and the corrupt judge/politiican admits his guilt and willingly goes to jail to get away from the angry crowds. It would sure beat the current system.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

reply to post by kimish

Actually he told the cops that she didn't know his identity and even ran. So.....he admitted to raping her.

Later picked up by police hiding in nearby bushes, Morales admitted to police that the victim did not know his true identity, he contended that she was awake when they were having sex.

www.nydailynews.com...

Then in court, he changed his story and said he told her it he wasn't her bf

In conflicting testimony, the defendant testified at one point that he told the woman he wasn't her boyfriend, the court said.

So he's a liar and a rapist, who will now walk free and probably rape other girls.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

How is he pretending to be her boyfriend. She woke up to him having sex with her. THAT IS RAPE. THAT IS NON CONSENTUAL SEX WITH AN UNCONSCIOUS PERSON. END OF CASE.

This is what I was trying to say!

It is just mind boggling how this pretending thing even got brought into it! This is why I think maybe the guy had someone pulling some strings somewhere... It doesn't make sense otherwise... Or maybe the judge was just a rapist sympathizer, either way it doesn't look good for him!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by snarky412

Trust me, I don't bash women but out of 13 aunts and uncles 11 being aunts, I know how women are and act. On top of that, I've had women friends and lovers. I'm not labeling "all" women, but from my personal life experiences, i'm labeling %50 of women. Not to mention the women I know that have claimed "rape", when in fact they were embarrassed for have slept with the guy. I know a lot of rape victims, and honestly 3/4 of them are BS. the women felt guilty for doing it or she had forgot about it so called rape.

I'd put those statements on my fathers grave.

Women are manipulative. I don't hate women but you can't trust anybody nowadays.
edit on 5-1-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Fine......but that is not what this thread is about.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Regardless of the validity of the woman's story the fact that this law exists is absolutely disgusting. I am currently researching marriage going back into and before biblical days and this is the kind of thing that would have been law THEN, and CALIFORNIA!? Come on!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by snarky412
Damn...what woman pissed you off in the past?!
All you have done is bash women in your comments.
Nice....

No one is "bashing women". He is stating some facts, like it or not. Not all women are victims and the rape card gets played often when there was no rape.

For me, this case is rather strange and something just does not add up. So this man crawls into bed with her and starts kissing and caressing her, she responds positively, they have sex and at some point in time she realizes it is not her boyfriend? That does not make sense.

The point of this thread is not to bash women.

The point is how absurd the law is stating that had this guy posed as her husband, then he would have been sent to jail.

But....being as he posed as her boyfriend, all is okay.
No jail time.

The article is mainly complaining about how out-dated this particular law is and how the loop holes need to be fixed.
This is not about he-said vs. she-said.

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 5-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

He jumped into a girls bed and while she was asleep starting having sex, THAT IS RAPE!!!!!!!

While some seem so intent on blaming the woman automatically, guess they failed to admit how wrong the guy was for taking advantage of the situation to begin with.
Guess that was her fault too .........

Regardless, the law needs to be fixed.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

That's how the law works. Judges don't get to decide what laws they want to enforce, if it's on the books then it's law. Should it be changed? Of course it should, but the authority to do that lies with the State of California, not a judge in an appeals court.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So another words, had this young woman been married, she would have been protected by the law and justice would have been served against this scumbag... but since she's an unmarried woman, she's S.O.L. and hung out to dry.

Yup, sounds like ancient patriarchal law making to me.

One of many reasons why women had to marry as soon as they were of age... it's the only way they were able to become a protected "citizen" by law - by way of chattel property ownership of their new husband... and property had protection laws... single un-owned women did not.

And yes, there are thousands of ridiculously outdated laws still floating around in the books... defense lawyers feed off this stuff.

Sickening, isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thats the kind of world I want, where a button is pushed online, ALERT, and 1 million people show up and don't go away until real justice is done and the corrupt judge/politiican admits his guilt and willingly goes to jail to get away from the angry crowds. It would sure beat the current system.

I like that idea.....

Except half the population would end up at the White House....the button would be pushed so many times!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join