It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Cafe Could Relax You.....I Sure Would Go!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

From Discovery News,

A London entrepreneur wants to open a cafe that caters to cats and cat lovers. Lauren Pears, a video game executive and cat lover, is raising money on the crowdfunding website Indiegogo to open the British capital’s first cat cafe, modeled on a coffee shop in Tokyo. Pears' idea is to partner with a local animal shelter that will supply 10 to 15 calm, people-friendly cats. The cats will make the cafe their home and interact with patrons as they wish. Visitors will receive unexpected affection, warmth and companionship. Pears told The Star, “It’s more about a relaxing place to go to than about designer cats,” she said. “There is a lot of medical research into the benefits of animal therapy.” Cats will be socialized first at the Mayhew shelter and undergo regular health inspections.

I would definitely visit this cafe. I would love to be having lunch and a purring cat rubbing my ankles. Although I do hope they get short-hair cats. Imagine all the shedding fur.

I noticed when I visited Sweden that a lot of workers brought their dogs with them to work. At the bank I did business with, most tellers had a dog laying under their section. I asked about it, thinking maybe they were attack dogs, but no...just personal pets. I also noticed lots of dogs in shopping malls and similar places.

I live in NC, there's a store near called Replacements Unlimited. It sells china and other fragile things. The owners bring their very LARGE german shepherd to the store, and he's as calm as can be. Always lets me pet him, just sits and watches folks. It really does lend the air a calming effect.

So....assuming you aren't allergic to cats, would you eat at the Cat Cafe?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Heh... Heh...

.....Will they be serving THIS?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yup sure would.
Despite being a biker in my 40's I have always loved and had cats in my life.
About 10 years ago myself and a mate were biking around Southern Ireland for a week and came across a little cafe in the middle of nowhere in Co. Clare. It was a real hippy place and we parked the bikes and had a superb lunch and chatted to the owner and her daughter and even had a nap in the back garden, anyway the thing about this place was that there were dogs and cats everywhere, cats sprawled out on cushions relaxing as only a cat can and this was in the main dining area, probably not to everyone's taste but I loved it and never forgot the excellent day we spent there.
So yeah I would probably prefer a cat/pet friendly Cafe if given a choice.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
So....assuming you aren't allergic to cats, would you eat at the Cat Cafe?

Absolutely not... would I want to absolutely! I adore kitties, but sadly I'm on of those that are allergic. This doesn't stop me having cats, I got two, and over time I build up immunity to kitties I interact with a lot. I still get very itchy eyes when the kitten wants to cuddle up next to my face (but normal petting/playtime is now fine), but that too should subdue to a slight itch within the next few months.

So a place filled with cats I haven't interacted with before hand would not be a good place for me to eat... my face would be blotched, with eyes and nose running like a waterfall. Hahahahaha! Otherwise I wouldn't mind chilling out with a bunch of kitties whilst having a bite to eat.

I do love it when going into an establishment and there's pets about... from pub dogs, to cats in shops! Really brightens up my day. Once in Salem MA I went into an art gallery... the lady that owned it/worked there was sitting with her new little baby in her arms, and her lovely labrador was walking all about the gallery greeting all the customers. I was envious of her relaxed life, being able both to bring the baby and the dog to work, and I guess I still do (although I got no plans for any baby, and my two Jack Russells would be the last thing suitable in an art gallery - jumping up and down like crazies, and they would pee on all customers shoes with happiness. Hahahahaha!).

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would visit in a heartbeat, especially if I was sad or having a bad day. It would be good if they had sofas and served coffee & tea which would make it a perfect spot to relax at.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Youd love Malaysia, Outdoor cafes open 24 hrs everywhere and theyre all pretty much Cat cafes LOL.

All the cats are what youd call strays but are all very healthy and well cared for by the owners and workers of the cafes. The cats are also ridiculously affectionate, or at least the smart ones are.

They know if the come over and rub up against you for awhile theyre gonna get fed.

If I saw a cat cafe for sure Id go in, if for nothing else but the novelty

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you have ever watched" An Idiot Abroad" he visits a cat cafe. It looks fun, though the cats ignored him. lol

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I'd go for sure. I have 9 cats at home, but I can never get enough of kitties. Every cat is unique, and I find everything about them fascinating, and I relax just by observing them.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Oh yeah, I'd go for sure. I have 9 cats at home, but I can never get enough of kitties. Every cat is unique, and I find everything about them fascinating, and I relax just by observing them.

You know, I rather suspected you'd make an appearance in this thread...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

You know, I rather suspected you'd make an appearance in this thread...

I would be remiss in my duties as the resident Crazy Cat Lady if I didn't!! I suspect I was an initiate in the Temple of Bastet in a previous life.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I would definitely go there. Although, my cat is not friendly with other cats, so she would have to stay home.

I probably would only order a drink because I think I might develop hair balls if I ate the food.

ETA: Oh, I see that the cats are already there. Well, then that would work.

edit on 1/4/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I would definitely go there. Although, my cat is not friendly with other cats, so she would have to stay home.

I probably would only order a drink because I think I might develop hair balls if I ate the food.

Yeah, that could be a problem. You're enjoying your meal when a cat decides to contribute a hairball to the floor under your table...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Yeah, that could be a problem. You're enjoying your meal when a cat decides to contribute a hairball to the floor under your table...

I think the conversation turning to hairballs ran the members off this thread.

new topics

top topics

join