It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocked from paying a Bill for 3 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Couldn't pay a bill for 3 days on a major US Bank , anyone else have this problem?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can you document that they refused payment?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

Document EVERYTHING!!!!

It would help to know which bank, what kind of bill, etc.... etc....

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I sincerely wish I could say I had that problem OP..but no. Alas, my wife just paid the last of the monthly bills and our nice balance went down to depressing levels just as it was supposed to.

(Using Paypal and 2 brick/mortar bank accounts if that helps for context of what)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
because of furloughed city government, i had to wait until 1/2/13 to pay water/garbage/sewer bill...i had till the the 4th (today) before it would have had a late fee tacked on.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I haven't had any problems paying bills. Maybe they are experiencing a glitch in the OPs paticular financial institution's computer system. Such things occur from time to time. I suggest he try again later.

I know this isn't quite on topic, but you mentioned Paypal. It's odd, but I've noticed a lot of stores lately have put signs on their doors that they are now accepting Paypal in addition to debit and credit cards. As I have never used the service I wonder if there are so many people using it now that it has become a preferred source of payment. Have you noticed anything similar in your area?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I know this isn't quite on topic, but you mentioned Paypal. It's odd, but I've noticed a lot of stores lately have put signs on their doors that they are now accepting Paypal in addition to debit and credit cards. As I have never used the service I wonder if there are so many people using it now that it has become a preferred source of payment. Have you noticed anything similar in your area?

I use a paypal credit card to purchase alot of things. It really isn't a credit card per say, because it is tied directly to my checking account. You can set it up anyway you like as to how much money you want in it at any given time and at what point do you want your account to refill it.

They do give you the credit option, but I pay it off everymonth as to not have to pay any interest.

The big thing I like about it, is that everytime I use the card, I immediately have an email informing me of my purchase.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I like the idea of getting an e-mail after each purchase- that's a really cool idea! I think I'll check to see if my bank offers a similar option. If not, I will definitely suggest that they should. Something like that would do much to catch credit/debit card theft in it's earliest of stages. Thanks for the info seeker!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

(Self Snip)

Sorry.... I replied before seeing it was well answered already. Wife said the same about a card being an option. They're moving up in the world.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join