It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chaos, suffering, death and freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We all wish for a world free of suffering, one where chaos and death are a thing of distant memory. We live in a world where those things happen and keep us cautious of our every step. I turn on the news and read of tragedy both small and great. I have watched while children died for no reason other than they were born of the wrong class or opened their eyes to find that because they lacked the correct genitals they were left to die. I have witnessed the suffering that the death of school children can bring not to only the community but an entire nation.

We live in a world where one man can decide the fate of many but not all. We live free. Free to kill free to be horrible to one another but most importantly free to decide. Some choose to use the chaos of freedom for unspeakable acts but most choose to use it for great things that benefit all of man kind large and small. If you are an American or from any country who was once a British colony should know that freedom is hard won once given away. We left Britton, Scotland and Ireland to escape oppressive governments to establish that a man of even the most meager means could stand shoulder to shoulder with a man of nobility and choose his path in life . Those who now fear this death and chaos are giving our freedom away in false hope of security.

From seatbelt laws to weapons bans you are effectively returning to British style rule. You have allowed men and women you do not know to read your personal emails , to look at you nude or place their hands on even your most personal of areas just to ride a plane. Your phone calls and bank records are accessed when ever and for whatever reason they choose. You can be detained forever if they deem you a enemy of the state no trial and to top it off you can be made a slave in the prison system for the prisons profit.

You must decide would you rather risk death or tragedy to live in a free world or regress back to a nanny state witnesses little to no free choice just to live a "safe" life? Would you trust a man to protect your family in an hour of crisis or chose to defend them to the death yourself? Can you say a world where a government has complete authority and the populace no weapons in which to assert their rights will be a fair one.

Can you tell me that when we ask for our freedom back that they will just hand it over. Can you prove to me that our way of life will not collapse into it's self and I will not need to fear the starving man after my family's food. Can you say with out reservation that you trust our government as well as your fellow man in dire times to look out for you instead of them selves. I cannot say these things to my self with out it ringing hollow and tasting like a lie upon my tongue.

So I will not give in to the temptation of perceived safety at the cost of my rightful freedoms. I hope that you all realise freedom has a price a price of senseless death and destruction but a payoff of joy and creation. I will not surrender my arms if asked I will not submit to the wilingness of others to be deceived. I will live free cause anything less is not living.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I embrace suffering. Why? Because without the knowledge of pain, we could not understand pleasure.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Not quite my point buts I like your truth

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Eloquently said oasisjack, and I agree with your standpoint. However those of us on the other side of the Atlantic who share your mistrust of government and police have one difference, an unarmed police force (Britain &Ireland) in the most part. I can walk down the street and know that (unless I am armed and going quite mental) that I will not have a loaded weapon pointed at me when I am arrested.
My humble point being that I have a greater freedom of expression to protest etc than you do without putting my life in danger from the police. Sadly, I feel and this is only a personal opinion, that if our respective governments decided to clamp down heavily on us both, yours (US GOVT) would take far less prisoners and use a much deadlier offensive and be far less forgiving against a potentially armed populace.

You seem to have substituted the oppression of the British, for a far deadlier and more insidious oppressor of your own.
Democracy is the illusion that we both share,
You have guns, they have bombs,
big muthaf*****g bombs.
All they need is someone to blame,
skyscrapers one day,
cities the next.

The Land of The Free is a myth,
The Home of the Brave may yet be tested.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

HumansEh and oasisjack,

You both made excellent posts.
I really enjoyed reading what you both had to say, ...and it made me think.

This is a very though-provoking thread.

S and F for the OP.
S for HumansEh.

Threads like this, is why I love ATS so much.

top topics

join