It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

qu'ran verse 9:11 the eagle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Quran ( 9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Isn't this a little bit of coincidence, see the number of the verse? Perhaps there was a time traveler who went back and revealed the future through this book. I personally haven't read the qu'ran, but it definetly is interesting.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Quran 9.11 doesn't say anything of the sort, where's your source?

urbanlegends.about.com...

This is a hoax, verse 9.11 is about accepting convers as brothers and sisters
edit on 3-1-2013 by dorkfish87 because: Adding link

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
Quran 9.11 doesn't say anything of the sort, where's your source?

Hey your right it is a hoax, i missed that parthoax

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
No problem lol.
A good friend converted to Islam so to try and understand her decision I read the Quran over the summer

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

things like this is what makes me hate the internet
2nd line

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Likewise, with the increase in technology it makes it hard to believe anything anymore

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Dorkfish, Have you read the whole Quran yet? What do you think? I mean to understand the Quran you have to read the whole, So it can give answer to all your questions.

Personally I've never seen a more beautiful book than the Quran, It contains verses that include signs that were only discovered recently and was in no way available information in the 7th century.

The reason I'm a muslim is because the Quran has to be the word of Allah (God). There is not a single verse to contradict another, And it's miracles are to many to count.

Please do take in consideration that whatever a muslim does, Does not mean that it's an act of islamic belief. Every human has different traditions and cultural beliefs and these do not have to mean that they are religious beliefs. If you read the Quran, And follow it only, You'd be a perfect human being in my belief. I can bet you that there is not a human more peaceful than a Muslim being that really follows the Quran to it's words.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The only thing i have against any holy book is that they come from times where people thought it was ok to have slaves, kill each other over trivial things and own women. i personaly don't want my mind warped by these so called holy books, i dont reject some of the wisdom that is written down, and i wonder how the prophecy works. But i want to live in the times im in, not in the past.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
reply to post by dorkfish87

things like this is what makes me hate the internet
2nd line

So much to learn young padawan

Is it not your ability to research or verify what you read that maybe need brushing up on instead of blaming a hoax.

This goes a long way in your other claims, you find something that fits and don't bother to find out if its inside out before putting it on and then your perceived as being unable to dress oneself.

If you understand, good if not do not fuss It just could be that I am more lost than I know.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The only thing i have against any holy book is that they come from times where people thought it was ok to have slaves, kill each other over trivial things and own women. i personaly don't want my mind warped by these so called holy books, i dont reject some of the wisdom that is written down, and i wonder how the prophecy works. But i want to live in the times im in, not in the past.

Do you know that Qur'an speaks out against slavery and mistreatment of women.

Have a read

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Not to derail this thread, pm if you wish. I have read the book, I am a Christain and have read the Bible also. Please answer me this why does the Q call for Muslim's to conqueor the world, it supports lying to achieve Allah's goals. It allows for capture and enslavenment of nonbelieversor the killing of them.

This is not a trolling question, I am not anti any other religion, if you look through my posts I am equally hard on crazy christains, but have I taken your scripture out of context? I believe in order to fully understand my religous believes I must understand the other main stream religions also. God has given us this amazing brain for a purpose, knowledge is great power. Correct me please if I am wrong on my interpratation.

I wait for your response.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Can you tell me where Jesus said it was ok to have slaves? Can you tell me where he said it was ok to hate anyone, even your enemies or sinners? HMMMMM most people hate God or religion in general because they do not want to justify that feeling you get in your stomach when you know you did something wrong.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Islam is the perfect control mechanism; Religion, social issues, and government all rolled into one and so detailed it even tells you what hand to wipe with and what sheep is OK to fall in love with.

I read about the prayer-in they had in Paris (awhile back) where they did the noon day prayer (6000 was the estimated attendance) on one of the busiest streets in Paris which was a great show of force if you want to mess with the locals. youtu.be...

youtu.be... Moscow

It is just not a Europe kinda thing even in S.E. Asia Malaysia is exporting their religion by immigration. When the Muslims have the majority in any country watch what happens to the ones who do not belong to the same sect or worse yet same religion; think the Christians in Egypt had it bad just wait until the stuff hits the fan in some European city.

Maybe in some peoples mind that is what is needed one world government/religion? Glad I am old and hopefully will not be around to watch

youtu.be... great marriage between consenting adults....Not

I lived a little over a year in a Muslim country and it would be unfair to paint all sects/countries with the same broad brush. However, I do not like the way women are treated; women are not chattel IMO and child brides are not my cup of tea; but let whoever believe in whatever .....not a problem until you are forced or don't see some Guru's/Mullahs/preachers/ enlightened ways and they want to stone or cut very important pieces of your body off until you see their enlighten truth ! We need a Bible God to come back to our earthly domain and call all (past and present) before a good old judgement...Would settle allot of problems

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

I have to tell you, it was an interesting read. I do believe in god/gods. I don't know which one is real and which one isn't. I'd like to think of them all as extensions of the same being. Much as our souls are slivers of this being separated.

Assuming that god or gods (no offense, truly) created us or found us, depending on the belief system; I would assume that we can all agree that it bestowed certain parcels of the truth and wisdom to us.

I personally feel that if this is the case, he/she/they would give this to all people, everywhere, and not one group of people solely.
I am always reading and discussing and learning new things everyday. Including different beliefs and faiths or cultures. The Quran had many very good ideas in it. I can't say I agreed with every aspect of it.

new topics

top topics

join