It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a Goverment could work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello ATS

I have been reading ATS for to many years to count, and each and everyday someone makes a thread about all there is wrong with the goverment. And most in here will properly agree that something is terrible wrong with our goverments today. So what now? There aint no revolution going on, things havent changed, it is the same old same old. Everyday more freedoms are taken from us, and apparently nobody is going to save us from this, so we have to think of some solutions ourself. And here is my take on how a goverment could work, without corruption, and for the people.

First of all, an elected politican should have NO power. A politican should be nothing more than a moderator. We shouldnt become a politican to make a career and earn money. You should run for office because you thing something is wrong, and you want to change it. So a politican should only be a moderator, that when elected, makes sure that every solutions is heard. This could be done with the help of our medias. We could have educational tv programs, debates, etc. Use the internet for public debates, NOTHING should be concealed and hidden for the public.
Then the public should vote on what to do, this could be done with something similar to facebook. No votes should be anonymously, and your votes should be visible on you personal page "like facebook" This way, no one can cheat, and we can check exactly how many votes is cast on a proposal.
The wage for a politican should only be the same, as the largest % of the population is payed. So if the most people in the country is paid 1000$ a month, that should be the salary.

Great minds of ATS, what do you thing about this?
Can it be done?
Would it be better? And if yes, why dont we do it this way?
Do you have a better solution?

Iam looking forward to hear your thoughts
Nobody

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrNobody777

IF it was up to the public to vote on everything (gun control after a school shooting for example) then you would have the worst case scenario of a democracy, Mob Rule. Remember we are a Republic and as such a democratic majority can not vote away the rights guaranteed to all of the citizens (at least in theory...as we have elected officials who are not true to their oath of office).

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I like your idea. (S and F.)
I like that you call for absolute transparency.

The problem is: how do you take the power of money out of the equation.
Politicians are bought during election time, and they have to re-pay their debt once they are in office.

edit on 3-1-2013 by QMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think the most simple solutions would work the best - Make Politics & Government positions an unpaid job & while we're at it, make Lobbying illegal.

Representing your people should be an unpaid privilege, this way your intentions are for the people only.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

IF it was up to the public to vote on everything (gun control after a school shooting for example) then you would have the worst case scenario of a democracy, Mob Rule. Remember we are a Republic and as such a democratic majority can not vote away the rights guaranteed to all of the citizens (at least in theory...as we have elected officials who are not true to their oath of office).

You do have a point, and that is why we shouldnt just vote after a shooting, but a "moderator" should make sure every rock is turned in the matter, before voting. Guns dont kill, people do.

Guess this would be hard to do in a Republic??

Anyways
I think democracy, is just another type of dictatorship, only it is just the majority dictating the rest what to do.
There should be NO goverment at all. NOBODY should have more power than the rest, thats the only way to keep peace, but people wouldnt be able to handle this, we are to used to have people tell us what to think and do, so hell would break loose if we tried that at this point...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by QMask

I like your idea. (S and F.)
I like that you call for absolute transparency.

The problem is: how do you take the power of money out of the equation.
Politicians are bought during election time, and they have to re-pay their debt once they are in office.

edit on 3-1-2013 by QMask because: (no reason given)

Money is the most stupid thing EVER!

Money has NO value, it is only worth something, because people want them.
Private banks prints these pieces of paper, loans them out to the goverments, with interest, so they can NEVER be payed back!

We have millions of unemployed people, who could take care of the elders, teach our childrens, cure the sick. We just dont have enough paper to pay them

We could build machines, to make our everyday work much easier, we have the workforce, the know how, and the resources to build them, we just dont have enough paper to pay for it

In EVERY industry, our goal is money, not quality. So we make poor products, to ensure we come back and buy new ones, which is a HUGE waste of resources.

I agree. I think we should forget about money, and pay for everything in "working hours" So a cup of coffee would cost 5 minutes of work, instead of money, similar to what they do in the movie "in time"

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well Gods governement would work, the one most people pray for everyday.....loving our neighbor as ourselves, sharing yet being self sufficient and not being a burden to others.....

yeah, but all of the hateful religions would have to go away for that to ever happen.....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Hi MrNobody777,

I like your response to my post.
I can see that you have thought about these things quite a bit.

A lot of what you say, reminds me of one of my all-time hero's: Jacque Fresco

Jacques always promotes a "resource-based" economy.

Jacque Fresco on Wikipedia

The Venus Project

I also want to live in a world like that!

edit on 3-1-2013 by QMask because: Fixed a spelling mistake.

top topics

join