Instant communication between planets theory

page: 1
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Heya everyone.

I remember watching a special presentation on mainstream television, say maybe 15 years ago or so.

It was all about a single man who was either a physicist, theorist, or a super mathemagician.

Anyway, he somehow found that communication between planets could be instantaneous with this theory he had discovered.

It was based on vibrations or something.

I remember a tuning fork was used as an example.

By hitting a tuning fork (resonance frequency?), somewhere else something could sense this immediately.

It wasn't based on sound wave air vibrations, hence the possibilities of chatting in real time between planets.

Unfortunately, the rest of the broadcast was about either his sudden disappearance, death or possible murder.

Does this sound remotely familiar with anyone?

If not, what could have been his probable theory in communicating between such long distances instantly?

I would love to revisit this story if possible so any help here would be greatly valued.

Cheers.




posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sounds questionable to me. Unless it uses subspace, then it's entirely plausible. However on our realm of reality no, you cannot have interplanetary communication. Even from the moon to earth there is a slight delay



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure it's what you're thinking of, but quantum entanglement is the most promising concept for FTL communication at present.

Basically, in any two particles which have interacted physically and been separated in such a way that they're still connected, changing a property of one will have the opposite effect on the other.

So say I had an electron on earth which was paired with an electron on Zeeblebrox-40, and my electron had a clockwise spin and yours had an anti-clockwise spin, if I changed my spin, yours would change too!

It would be possible to transmit binary messages in this way using a large number of entangled pairs, instantaneously, over any distance.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well you could always send information through light.

Encode information directly onto photons


physicsworld.com...



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo
 


Actually you may be onto something. I've been ruminating the idea of sending data through the Higgs boson field.

Hey, maybe the interconnectivity of the hb field is responsible for FTP quantum entangle,ent



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Yes, I have to agree with Dispo.

I have also heard about a theory of using "entanglement" for instantaneous communication between different planets, far removed from one another.

Einstein referred to this as: "spooky action at a distance"

Just google that phrase, you will see.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo
 


Thanks Dispo.

I don't believe that quantum entanglement was his proposal at the time. Remember, this was at least 15 years ago.

In a nutshell, his theory composed of ringing some kind of tuning fork here on earth, and another one would instantly vibrate on another planet.

I remember they said he spent several years developing this theory.

I remember seeing video footage of him if front of really large, white drawing board that covered the back wall filled with mathematics everywhere.

All of these numbers and formulas were packed in together so tightly, it almost looked like the work of someone who went insane.

Apparently he wrote several hundred pages on this project, and just before it's final completion, like the last few pages which needed to be written for summation, *poof*, he suddenly disappeared.

I made a thread a few weeks ago looking for a super obscure broadcast from the 90s and amazingly enough, someone here found it for me.

I hoping for the same kind of miracle on this request as well.

Now that I think about it, I should start rifling through old episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

This might be a good place for me to start since I now remember watching that show as a kid.

Thank you so much everyone for the responses so far.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by Dispo
 


Actually you may be onto something. I've been ruminating the idea of sending data through the Higgs boson field.

Hey, maybe the interconnectivity of the hb field is responsible for FTP quantum entangle,ent


Check out gamma rays instead.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Okay.

Let me try this from a different approach.

Does anyone remember seeing the following story on the television, also about 15 years ago or so.

It was on the discovery of some special kind of crystal where it's properties were truly unique.

What was found is that if you pointed a single beam of light at a specific spot on this crystal, it would somehow remember it.

How this was so remarkable is that it could remember all frequencies of light on this one, single spot.

Since there is an infinite amount of possible frequencies with light, in theory, all of the world's entire knowledge and information could be stored on one little crystal.

Sadly, I never heard anything more again on this story as well.

I only mention that broadcast because it seems like when I was a kid, I was watching some kind of TV series back then... I just don't remember what it was.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Steffenfield
reply to post by Dispo
 


Thanks Dispo.

I don't believe that quantum entanglement was his proposal at the time. Remember, this was at least 15 years ago.

In a nutshell, his theory composed of ringing some kind of tuning fork here on earth, and another one would instantly vibrate on another planet.

I remember they said he spent several years developing this theory.

I remember seeing video footage of him if front of really large, white drawing board that covered the back wall filled with mathematics everywhere.

All of these numbers and formulas were packed in together so tightly, it almost looked like the work of someone who went insane.

Apparently he wrote several hundred pages on this project, and just before it's final completion, like the last few pages which needed to be written for summation, *poof*, he suddenly disappeared.

I made a thread a few weeks ago looking for a super obscure broadcast from the 90s and amazingly enough, someone here found it for me.

I hoping for the same kind of miracle on this request as well.

Now that I think about it, I should start rifling through old episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.

This might be a good place for me to start since I now remember watching that show as a kid.

Thank you so much everyone for the responses so far.



People tend to talk about quantum entanglement while disregarding the most pertinent question/mystery.
The changing characteristics of one particle must be transmitted to the other. It does so instantly regardless of space between them. Meaning, it is FTL. The fact that works proves that there is another part of physics at play that not only disregards the relativistic idea, but completely ignores it. So, in general terms FTL is possible, and if it is possible, a whole new ball game emerges. This brings me to gamma rays and gamma ray bursts.
How would one go about making a modulator/demodulator to use gamma rays?

Andro



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo
 


This is a common misconception.
It is not possible to transfer classical information via quantum entanglement as the results are still open for interpretation by the observer.
There is a seeming ability to transfer the quantum state across distance (which could theoretically allow us to encode classical information) but there isnt any realisitc way to do this using current technology.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
reply to post by Dispo
 


This is a common misconception.
It is not possible to transfer classical information via quantum entanglement as the results are still open for interpretation by the observer.
There is a seeming ability to transfer the quantum state across distance (which could theoretically allow us to encode classical information) but there isnt any realisitc way to do this using current technology.


You can use the quantum state changes to pass info in a binary model.



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
It is not possible to transfer classical information via quantum entanglement [...] which could theoretically allow us to encode classical information


Then you obviously understood what I meant when I said "most promising concept."



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Originally posted by Jukiodone
reply to post by Dispo
 


This is a common misconception.
It is not possible to transfer classical information via quantum entanglement as the results are still open for interpretation by the observer.
There is a seeming ability to transfer the quantum state across distance (which could theoretically allow us to encode classical information) but there isnt any realisitc way to do this using current technology.


You can use the quantum state changes to pass info in a binary model.



However the Quantum state change is actually just a formula used to predict quantum correlations and distributions..you still have to do the mathematical work at the other end.
If you sent the information faster than light you'd just get some correlated random events on the quantum state therefore negating any classical information transfer.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What you are describing is called an Ansible. An Ansible is a fictitious machine capable of instantaneous or superluminal communication.
edit on 3-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake
 


I read that post in Roger's voice. Oh God now I'm reading everything in Roger's voice. What have you done?! ;_;



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dispo
 


Do you think Ansibles have any potential of becoming a reality taking into account the current strides forward science is making in the field of quantum and even macro teleportation?

You know how it goes two particles thus entwined etc etc. Somehow teleport one of the particles to another planet or dimension and hey presto we have a very low bit rate instantaneous communication device. Sounds to me like a futuristic Weegie Board. LoL
edit on 3-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Dispo
 


Do you think Ansibles have any potential of becoming a reality taking into account the current strides forward science is making in the field of quantum and even macro teleportation?

You know how it goes two particles thus entwined etc etc. Somehow teleport one of the particles to another planet or dimension and hey presto we have a very low bit rate instantaneous communication device. Sounds to me like a futuristic Weegie Board. LoL
edit on 3-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)


I still have a very strong feeling that gamma rays will be the de facto galactic communication system. Unfortunately, i have no data to substantiate or even prove this line of thought, so take it as it is, but i think it would warrant a serious study at least.

Andro



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
io9.com...



Unfortunately once you begin manipulating the photon/particle decoherance occurs and the positron becomes "disentangled"



posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Andromerius
 


"I still have a very strong feeling that gamma rays will be the de facto galactic communication system. Unfortunately, i have no data to substantiate or even prove this line of thought, so take it as it is, but i think it would warrant a serious study at least.

Andro"

I guess we would need to find someway of influencing the frequency/resonance of the Gamma rays and then somehow find two identical sources of Gamma ray emissions. Black holes and Neutron stars spring to mind but the power to tamper with those babys is Dr Who tec, way beyond what we can hope to achieve in the near future.
edit on 3-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
6
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join