It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million Year Old HUMAN Footprint Found.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by schuyler
In any case C14 is NOT an issue here. It was not used, so why was it even brought up?

It was brought up because...
1. Its the most "popular" one in the media, so its likely the only one that people ignorant of the topic have ever heard of.
2. Its the one that young earth creations, ignorant of the topic, like to bash on. And thus likely the only one that people who visit creationist sites have ever heard of.

I was kinda trying to say that. Guess i should've been more sarcastic!
And thanks, Fraternitis, for the 70K vs 50K detail. I was kind of hedging my bets since I first studied C14 in the 70s and thought they MUST be doing better now! I remember hearing the 70K figure was an "enhancement," but no one knew the details back then, including the profs.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It doesn' t look like any human footprint I've ever seen in 20 years of search and rescue.
It bears a superficial appearance but that's all.
The sole of the foot directly behind the toes seems to be missing.
It could be an ape of some kind, gorilla perhaps.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Interesting!

I remember when I was a kid my dad took my out to the Brazos near Glen Rose, Texas. We paid some old farmer a few bucks to be allowed to walk through his property to the river where there was a long set of dinosaur tracks and other tracks that appeared very human walking alongside them. There were no toes in the tracks though so I guess maybe they were sandaled if they were human.

I haven't seen them since then, I understand they were defaced or damaged at some point though.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No mate, but you are right. It is around 70k. Thing is... cars today also do 250 mph just... not all of them
just the special snow flakes. But you are right. Its is 70k aprox.

Thing is, what you learned in the 70s is still the same. We may have found out to do a LOT of other things better, and more efficiently but none of those unfortunately have to do with these techniques. We still rely on pretty much the same technology and the same methods. Of course now we take advantage of other profession's technologies and make it our own, like using the latest dentist drill to clean up fossils and using the latest laser measuring tools and ground sonar borrowed from modern engineers...
hey ppl do what they can
as for an actual improvement... nah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join