It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are places like this bad for us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Well, one of the biggest mistakes Americans have made over the decades is think that political decisions "do not affect them." It most certainly does. It may not affect anyone immediately, but the decisions that are made will affect you.
I have argued with people about it. Unfortunately, most people don't and won't see how it connects to them personally, until they have to ask the U.N soldier monitoring their block if they can walk down the street to get a gallon of milk.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth
I don't have to worry about that, as I live in the middle of nowhere. There are more guns than people, and nothing to take over, worth the risk of guerilla war that would probably be lost. You can't fight country folks on their own turf

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I have been wondering lately.......
Being more "informed" feels great at first, but I am not sure it is good. I have been hanging here and a few other places for about 5 years now, and to be honest, I can't think of a single positive thing that has come from it. Yeah I get news a lot of times here before it hits the idiotbox, but I don't watch the idiotbox much anyways. When I am eating a meal downstairs, that is about the only time these days. I killed all my own TV's, but the old people still want to watch.

I was good here when I was FIGHTING FOR equality. For acceptance of people who are different. Who have been ostracized in the past due to ignorance.

Today, I see something in the news and come here to see it discussed.

Unfortunately, I have to scroll a lot to find posters who actually make sense and are actually discussing the issue.

Fighting against is not really my thing.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join