It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Capsule Predictions for 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Somewhat serious, somewhat not. It's always easy to say "hey, I said something like this was going to happen" but of course you have no record of it, don't remember who you told it to or can't decide if it was while you were awake or if it was in a dream.

Well, here's our chance. We can put our predictions down and if they come true, we can even point back to it and say "see, I said this would happen!".

Of course the best predictions are very detailed and have a date and specific details, not something like "gas prices are going to go up" because they always fluctuate with the market. Now if you say "gas will hit $4.50 a gallon during the first week in May", well that's a little more specific.

If you say "we'll find alien life", that's pretty open ended, it may be bacteria or plant life or something of that nature outside our atmosphere. Let's be more specific like "underground mammals will be discovered on Mars in in April".

As predictions go, most don't come true, so feel free to step out of the box a little. Don't cop out and predict what everybody else is predicting like "they're gonna try to take our guns/our guns will be safe" or "The economy will fail/recover" or something that's trending anyway. Pick something other people aren't already claiming. Be creative and give details!

Let's see what you've got!

edit on 1-1-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

As OP you should start it. Let's hear your prediction

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Good point I guess

My prediction for 2013:

Most things will go the way they always have with political bickering, countries disagreeing, rehashing of old ideas, nothing new on the horizon until the middle of Feb.

Then, as we teeter on the brink of WWIII, all the UFO watches get excited as one actually shows up. They say they finally had to step in to prevent what would be the last of the World Wars. They tell us they are the first to ever enter our atmosphere, there was no area 51 crash, there have been no real sightings and nobody has been abducted. Who do we think they are? Amatuers?

They give the various world leaders some options, to either comply and work out the differences or they'll take action themselves. Of course the politicians try to spin their way out of it, and fail. The Alien craft provides the people of the Earth with vision and knowledge we have never known and we are able to see past the manipulations. People all over the world come together and demand their governments step down instead of manipulating them as they have been for centuries and we move forward as one with our newfound knowledge and humanity 2.0.

Either that or nothing new will happen

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I believe that the recession of 2008 will continue to affect the major economies of the world. In truth, the harder times never really ended since decent wage paying for employment was not created to help lift WESTERN COUNTRIES into sustainable prosperity. US politicians are delusional if they believe they can withstand the coming collapse of the EU. banking system. All in all, I predict continued economic chaos and possibly another war to stimulate the WESTERN economies. Sad really, since it did the work in the early years of the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

I really really hope you're prediction doesn't come true, but it sure does look plausible

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Anybody have a weird feeling that something "big" is going to happen today? I just can't put my mitten on it, but there's something just not right about today.

I figured if any place in the world had people with some foresight, it would be here...

new topics

top topics

join