Fiscal Cliff Avoided

page: 2
11
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by avatar01
 


The fiscal cliff is a media distraction, what about our debt ? Soon we will reach the point that debt will be unpayable. We borrow monies to give away around the world, how crazy.
We have already passed that point. It is now a mathematical impossibility to pay off the debt when you include all the unfunded liabilities.




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
CUT SPENDING.


Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.— James Madison



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
By 2020, the annual interest payments of US debt to China will be enough to fund the entire Chinese Military.

The Chinese will be able to fund their entire military with US interest payments!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wrote the day they started this countdown to the cliff that they already had the lobbiest and lawyers write up the bill and are awaiting the 11th hour to reveal it. It will be draconian stuff tucked in it. Congress won't have time to read it before the vote. It will include new spending to eat up any new taxes waged.

But, the worst parts will be the things that have nothing to do with fiscal policy at all.
We've seen them do this with the Patriot Act, the Bailout for Banks and Insurance Co., The NDAA, and
on and on.

They have made people believe that any bill they sign will be better than the Cliff.
I'm prepared for a very ugly shoe to drop out of this legislation.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by avatar01
 


The fiscal cliff is a media distraction, what about our debt ? Soon we will reach the point that debt will be unpayable. We borrow monies to give away around the world, how crazy.
What about are debt? The federal reserve is set up so that its impossible for the us to get out of debt. They talk about the fed is just printing more money, really there just punching more numbers in a computer. Its all an illusion, everyone who believes any of it are hypnotized from the masters



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01
 


Originally posted by avatar01
By 2020, the annual interest payments of US debt to China will be enough to fund the entire Chinese Military.

The Chinese will be able to fund their entire military with US interest payments!

This is hilarious!


Is it true though? Where did you see, read or hear this?



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Military Industrial complex, the spending the borrowing, the failed social programs, pork barrel bridges to no where. I could go on and on. All we are doing is avoiding the inevitable.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
CUT SPENDING.


Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.— James Madison
As I posted in this thread, even if we cut the entire dept of defense we still cannot balance the budget. Entitlements and interest on the debt together total more than the entirety of federal tax receipts. We must borrow another 300 billion plus just to pay for entitlements and interest payments. That leaves every single other government function unfunded. I am all for ending the wars since I am a staunch isolationist, but it is nowhere near enough.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte
 


I agree.

We have borrowed to the point we cant anymore. We failed to listen to our founding fathers though.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious
 


The only way to keep from getting caught up in this is to be self substaining, as in grow your own food, home school your kids, use solar or wind on your house, if we all get out of the system it will fall,then we can restart it. stop buying every new iphone that comes out,hand make your christmas gifts



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the fiscal cliff was overrated.

most americans don't have a job to raise taxes on.

the ones that do, aren't sure it'll be there next week and the ones that are secure can afford it.


Please explain to me how "most americans don't have a job " is accurate?



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Im hearing that the cliff hasnt been avoided and we are going to go over it tonight. Im watching the news right now and they're saying that no deal will be made today. A deal is still possible tomorrow though Im hearing.

rt.com...


Only hours after President Barack Obama and leading members of Congress said on Monday afternoon that a deal between lawmakers was within reach, reports out of Washington suggest that a compromise will not be made before the new year. Bloomberg News and CNBC both reported eight hours before the 12-midnight deadline that no vote would be made before the end of the year.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Man, and here I was having a decent day. Haha
Some of this stuff you just gotta crack jokes about. Otherwise you become depresses. Of COURSE they already had this deal drawn up. Its just as others have mentioned. If they go on for months about how they can't come to an agreement and meanwhile have the media portray this 'fiscal cliff' as the end of life as we know it, most people will cheer for them as they get stabbed in the back. Happy New year, losers. Haha



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Watching CNN now, they said no agreement reached.

New Years Doom!

AAAIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Personally, I think we should invade Canada. They're nice. They'd let us.


That should put us in the green for another 2 or 3 years.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just another point.

Since we all might be paying more in taxes, we'll all be able to see how much the government actually takes!




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just another point.

Since we all might be paying more in taxes, we'll all be able to see how much the government actually takes!

I will not. I will no longer pay federal income taxes. I cannot, in good conscience, support the slaughter of babies. I will not pay for abortions. I declare a tax strike and I am willing to go to jail for it.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
I wrote the day they started this countdown to the cliff that they already had the lobbiest and lawyers write up the bill and are awaiting the 11th hour to reveal it. It will be draconian stuff tucked in it. Congress won't have time to read it before the vote. It will include new spending to eat up any new taxes waged.

But, the worst parts will be the things that have nothing to do with fiscal policy at all.
We've seen them do this with the Patriot Act, the Bailout for Banks and Insurance Co., The NDAA, and
on and on.

They have made people believe that any bill they sign will be better than the Cliff.
I'm prepared for a very ugly shoe to drop out of this legislation.


You bring up an excellent point. There are some nasty little riders on the fiscal cliff bill that have nothing to do with our economy, and everything to do with our enslavement and destruction, such as the "Monsanto protection act", which basically allows GMOs to flood our food supply and we won't know, and can't do, anything about it. They spent a lot of money lobbying to get the rider put on the bill, because they know it will pass, and people will be so distracted, they won't pay attention to the evil little cling-ons that come with it.

www.naturalnews.com...



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by beezzer
Just another point.

Since we all might be paying more in taxes, we'll all be able to see how much the government actually takes!

I will not. I will no longer pay federal income taxes. I cannot, in good conscience, support the slaughter of babies. I will not pay for abortions. I declare a tax strike and I am willing to go to jail for it.


I applaud your convictions!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01
 


not any more recheck your link!!..we have hit the cliff and are going over!!! The House will NOT vote tonight.. !!





new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join