It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would like an opinion from people not from U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Its pretty well known that Bush is not very popular overseas. Its beginning to look like he has a good 50/50 chance of winning. Many of you have been sympathetic toward Americans due to the fact that last time his victory was questionable and we did not have the current mess to contend with, if he wins this time, after all that has happened and it looks as though there was no question he won, whats your opinion on the American voters?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If Bush wins 52 to 48, I will have sympathy with the 48 per cent.
And I will think the 52 per cent are either stupid or have been mislead.

I have nothing against the american people.
But I think the current administration are dangerous to the world peace.

Regarding what politics they�re running inside the US, it�s none of my business and that�s for americans to judge.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don�t like Bush nor the current policy around Foreign Affairs from the USA.
I am however not anti-american as some people tend to say when one says he is against Bush or the Foreign Policies. On the contrary, I have an American Uncle (living with my Belgian aunt in Manhattan, close to where WTC was) and he is a nice,friendly well educated person. My 2 nephews are Americans from birth, and are this in their heart and mind, and thats ok since they both are cool guys. So I have totally nothing against Americans.
But it is not because you think Bush is right and a good President that you are a bad guy. Generalising a whole nation for the actions of few is wrong IMO.
So I do not think that one can say that therefore he doesn�t like the Americans. That is generalizing (probably spelled wrong :@@
which is IMO not fair . Americans have done good things in the past and will probably do in the future. They have their believes and opinions just like Europeans have. I think if more Americans would visit other countries or parts of the world, eyes will be opened together with some minds.

If Bush wins I will think the same as I do now: Those Bush voters are mislead and it�s a pitty they don�t see it.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Calibre]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am not anti-american and i like american people. But the Bush administration is extremely dangerous, more dangerous than any US administration in decades. They must be voted out or we will all pay in the end, not just the US.

What the Bush administration does in your country is your own business but it's when those policies start to pose a threat to the rest of the world is when things turn bad.

I fear to see what happens in the next 4 years if Bush is re-elected

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There isn�t a thing that foreigners could do to change the outcome. Misleaded is a pretty soft word for people who will vote bush again..past 4 years should be enough evidence to even the biggest retard in whole world but days will show.
I have lost hope about usa:s policy...maybe if kerry wins there will be hope but maybe it�s too little, too late for usa. When the sh*t hits the fan whole world will shout "we told yah!"..

-ap

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Its pretty well known that Bush is not very popular overseas.

- Major understatement!

Its beginning to look like he has a good 50/50 chance of winning.

- Hmm, you call that "good"?!

Many of you have been sympathetic toward Americans due to the fact that last time his victory was questionable and we did not have the current mess to contend with, if he wins this time, after all that has happened and it looks as though there was no question he won, whats your opinion on the American voters?

- (I think you'll find most of us outside of the US think Bush's 'win' was a tad more than "questionable".)

Anyhoo.....

This time if he gets it and it's close we'll probably want to know more about those new voting machines (with the uncheckable features) Bush's corporate friends have been installing around the USA.

Then there's the frauds where voter numbers are being kept down and likely dem voter registrations tossed in the bin.

The list goes on and on.

Basically the self-interested theives are in charge and until the system is sorted out properly the result is likely to remain in doubt.....and let's be honest if it's close the US system is now so bad that whoever 'wins' it seems most accept there'll be one challenge after another.

One thing is for sure, the ability of the US to strut about the globe talking about democracy and freedom with much, if any, credibility is drastically reduced.

I suppose people might think it OK for as long as 'their side' benefit but what about if things change?

I really cannot understand why any American (whatever your choice of politics) can tolerate this situation as in any way acceptable or healthy for the country they would claim to care about.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I shudder to think what the world would do if Bush is re-elected.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
... so the sooner everybody gets used to the idea, the better.

I guess most of the posts here, including this one, share
same ideas:

1) Everybody likes Americans

2) Bush is not liked

3) If he does get elected (which I think he will) the people will just
have to persevere.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian

What? Whine, cry, complain, etc. What could the world do other than deal with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I really dont blame the voters, I blame the media for fuling the ignorance among the ones that actually votes for Bush. Its a really powerful propaganda machine you got in the US.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
i think the reason bush would get back in is that the rightwingers who vote for him are alot more motivated to actually go out and vote. if the american people take their own destiny in their hands then there is no way Bush will get reelected. i know there has been a massive effort by celebrities and role models to encourage the american populous to vote. if the democrats and greens e.t.c. show the same devotion to their cause that the republicans and right wingers show then maybe we will see a new president. anyhow its not up to us, its you guys that have to make the choice. as it stands here in the uk, allthough Blair will lose ground to other parties in next years election there isnt a hope in hell of him losing as the tories are a shambles right now. mind you i dont particularly mind Blair, but would prefer to see gordon brown in charge.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Originally posted by Valorian

What? Whine, cry, complain, etc. What could the world do other than deal with it.

I doubt the world would do anything purely because he is re-elected(apart than feel sorry for the citizens).

If BUsh continues to act like a rogue cowboy then I can imagine many things happening. My first guess would be massive sanctions. The EU is just about to lift a trade sanction on the US, something that was brought about by one of Bush's decisions(just ask for the link if you need it). I would imagine sanctions on a world wide scale on the US. If you are suggesting by your comment that military force would be considered, I think the world is a little more grown up than that.

Many countries around the world are now dumping the dollar on a mass scale, I think this may show how much confidence they have in the way America is travelling at the moment.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Well the Euro could become the international currency, if the price of oil was changed to the Euro then that could have consequences.

If Bush was elected then it would just prove that more than 50% of Americans are incredibly stupid.

join