It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream about a frog that came true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know much about this sort of thing so any input would be helpfull for me to gain a bit of understanding.
I will start by saying that I live about 200 meters from a small river, so there are plenty of frogs around.

Back in october I had a dream that I was in my lounge room watching tv, when I noticed a frog hopping along the carpet. I picked it up, cupped it in my hands and showed it to my wife who was in the sun room. My wife then freaked out and screamed while I laughed my ass off.

Then in november I was sitting in my lounge room watching a movie, when suddenly I noticed movement at the corner of my eye. I looked down to see a frog hopping across my carpet exactly as in my dream, same view point and everything. I knew right away what I must do. I grabbed the frog and cupped it in my hands then went looking for my wife. I found her outside reading a book by the sun room. I showed her the frog and she freaked out just as I had expected her too and of course I laughed my ass off.

So my question is, did I get a really lame glimps of the future or was it just coincidence that allowed me to recreate my dream? I never really believed in predictions but as I went through the motions after I first saw the frog, it felt weird kind of like a deja vu feeling.
Also does a frog have any meaning to dreams?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In a universe full of synchronicity, where coincidences exist only in the mind, I believe you really did tap into your future through dream...congratulations, welcome to the future!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Déjà vu... I have it a lot, even today
yea, it comes in the dreams first then after a while in real life
but I'm not sure if it's good or bad

I will start to worry if this stops, as this would mean I will be dead

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightBlue2565

so does this mean that our lives are pre determined, or perhaps programmed?
how do such things such as premonition work, or rather how does one see the future when
it does'nt exist yet?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

did you ever did future prediction from play cards? or tarot cards?
I did... it's destructive, so don't try it too often, but it is always true!

how it works? I don't know

I have had a theory I never followed that time, not this we are experiencing, but the universe is going backwards
as I say, a theory...

don't think about it,
try the next time to remember, but I bet you will not be able to change anything

edit on 30-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
No the future is not predetermined BUT deja vu is how a uncreated creator gets messages to people stuck in a 4D dimension.

What happens is that when you had the frog dream your brain remembered it, so that when it happened it felt like deja vu.
But you have had other dreams that showed your future, but those ones are either not remembered or they didn't get activated by their event because you didn't go down that timeline.

Every decision you have made has resulted in a new timeline. Like a family tree shape.
You could have decided to not freak your wife out but your personality determined you were a bit of cheeky so and so. This is also part of the equation.

I am a bit tired and not being clear I know.

(Don't worry my husband would have done the same.lol. He was rescuing the girls from a spider once and I thought he was faking that he had lost it. He had a sheepish grin on.But he had actually lost it on me, and I realised that, when the spider was walking on my bare legs. (I had shorts on.) I was not amused.)

This is the when you realise that the One in charge must be outside our time and space, and must also be omni intelligent to be able to calculate all the decisions we make, so we get the right dream when we need it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by MidnightBlue2565

So my question is, did I get a really lame glimps of the future or was it just coincidence that allowed me to recreate my dream?

so does this mean that our lives are pre determined, or perhaps programmed?
how do such things such as premonition work, or rather how does one see the future when
it does'nt exist yet?

To answer you original question, i think it's synchronicity coupled with the fact that you had already seem a course of action, and took that action (picking it up and showing it to your wife); but the framing is interesting. Had you not already had the dream, or had one where she brought a frog to you and freaked you out and that happened, it would be cooler;

I have had premonitions (one involving a friend's death), and other very strange dreams. I have connected minds (or mind-melded) with people who were awake while i was asleep and dreaming, seeing what they see, more or less. I attribute this to being so psychically and emotionally connected that brain patterns psychically cross.

How does one see the future? One doesn't. There are infinite possibilities for the future, but only one can manifest at any given point. You see the one that happens to manifest. That's just how i feel.

Are our lives predetermined. I say no, but: The whole determinism thing is as such. There IS an outcome to everything. While we have a choice, we will also make a choice. Our "determined" action or behavior has not been determined but it's what we'll eventually choose.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OP, here's a way to look at synchronicity and occurrences in your life.

Every experience, even the mundane, is here to remind you and teach you of who you really are. Everything is a mirror for the Self. Everything! So this experience may be to remind you that you indeed are connected to something else, which is what I personally feel you experienced. However I am an observer looking in and this is not a sufficient POV. Only YOU can determine what the experiences mean to you. After all, you are the experiencer, and it is why you are here!

lol as I write that last bit, I notice the clock is 12:21.

new topics

top topics

join