It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK - Universal Jobmatch. A very real threat to your privacy & way of life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hi everyone, this is my 1st time posting over here but felt a cry must go out in an effort to reach the right 'ears'. I personally think this is one step to far and these 'Bullies' need pulling down a peg or 2. Just where do they get off thinking they have the right to snoop on our web browsing activity just because we are poor and out of work. Some people wont even be able to afford broadband and this 'Mandatory' service. I'm hoping by posting this here on ATS it reaches someone who knows the score and will bring this system to account before its fully operational.

Universal Jobmatch - UK
edit on 30-12-2012 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
Just where do they get off thinking they have the right to snoop on our web browsing activity ...

You need to read the article again.
Its not what you think it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is along the same lines as the facebook activity being monitored/watched by company's asking to be added; before they hire people to check they are normal and what they appear to be like. Like "do they like to get utterly smashed on Saturday night, could that be a mid week problem" that sort of thing.

But this is certainly a terrible terrible idea, as much as i agree with making sure jobseekers are actually looking for jobs to get their seekers allowance, this is just - well frankly ridiculous.

edit to the poster above: while you dont need to click, how many computer users dont know what they are doing on the internet? answer is a massive percentage, i expect many will tick it without understanding it - when was the last time you read the entire EULA of software before clicking accept?
edit on 30-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Who do you imagine the third parties to be?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If you use firefox, install an add-on called "collusion"

it shows you whats tracking you and where the tracking info goes, it tracks your browser session: after an hours use of browsing check it out, you will be very surprised (yes most of it is advertising related)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They don't monitor all your online activity, they monitor your jobsearching on their site, and even then only if you tick the box allowing them to do so.

What that IDS is kicking off about is people using this tick for permission loophole so they can't be monitored, he wants those people to attend the Jobcentre each day for a progress checkup.

Too bloody right too, the only people who refuse to tick that box are the benefit scroungers who do not want to work and do not deserve to scrounge off the taxpayer.

Anyone who is genuinely looking for work has no reason whatsoever not to tick the box, and nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

See this is where a lot of people are being misled. This coalition government and ATOS have colluded and kicked off sickness/disability and incapacity benefits everyone who was claiming, even cancer patients, saying they are fit for work after a 5 minute interview with a ATOS nurse in an effort to save money. These people are Ill, in pain, sick, mentally deranged and so on and so on, and now if they dont look for work for a lol 'reasonable' amount of time, that being defined by IDS, which by all accounts is rather a lot considering there is actually no work out there then i consider this to be very unfair as these people will be now sanctioned and lose their benefits all together!. Also what about the people who dont own a computer or have broadband, they are to be penalized for being poor? Ok i get your point about the work shy etc, but these spongers really is the 1% now and just how much more blood they think they can squeeze from this stone is quite frankly beyond me im affraid. Just how much more will societies ill/sick/disabled/poor have to suffer for the sake and mistakes of the bankers and the people who have ****** up our running's?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Those that can't afford broadband will either have to use local services like libraries, or continue to use the Jobcentre. I think the idea of this online system is to take pressure off the Jobcentres, either that or save money by laying off more public sector workers.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If they really wanted to save money then a good starting place would be housing for immigrants, why should they get a 5 bed roomed house in a nice leafy suburb of London? payed for by the great british taxpayer, also all the benefits they are automatically entitled to, no questions asked and are actually fast tracked. Also instead of increasing taxes, the Government could try actually setting light to the 'Bonfire of the Quangos' and also stop giving taxpayers money away to 'Fake Charities'. These fake charities, like ASH-who want to stop you smoking, Alcohol Concern-who want to stop you drinking, Brake -who want to restrict your driving and Stonewall-who campaign to promote homosexuality, all receive massive taxpayer funding. There are thousands of these fake charities who spend all their time lobbying, campaigning and generally interfering in your life. Many of them appoint CEOs on large salaries - again funded by you, the taxpayer. Meanwhile, real charities like RNLI and Air Ambulance who do real charitable work have to stand on street corners shaking cans at the passing public.
Stop giving taxpayer's money away to Fake Charities and get rid of many of the Quangos - better for everybody and doesn't need an increase in taxes.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I thought your thread was about the new Universal Job match scheme........I'll walk away now.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
lol, im sorry, it was originally, seem to have got somewhat side tracked although it is all benefit related- well kind of, like i said its my 1st time posting over this side and am way out my realm of comfort. It started out me being unhappy about this jobmatch scheme and the fact that once you tick that box they can spy on you. With a large amount on JSA actually being sick and disabled now its unfair they have to meet these targets or face losing their money all together.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So what is your beef? That if you are claiming assistance from the State that the State should not check up on your activities around seeking work. As a tax payer I want to Government to check that if people are claiming benefits they are keeping their side of the deal.

When you sign on for job seekers, you sign an agreement to search for work and provide evidence when you sign on, something I did for a few months this year and I seeked to take this more seriously than those signing on around me.

top topics

join