It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail or Contrail bonanza time-lapse Amsterdam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here is a time-lapse video i made on December 29 2012 at 13:25 in Amsterdam.
I have seen a lot of Chentrail/Contrail discussions on this board and on the internet but not many long video's taken of the trails.
This one is about an hour long and then speeded up 50 times.
I am not sure what these trails are made out of but they sure look persistent.
As you can see in the video the winds where quite strong that day but seemed to be less strong higher up in the sky.

From my own observation i can say that the trails are only this long and persistent on certain day's.
I posted the exact date and time so if you like you can look up all the weather data.

One thing i noticed in this video is that a certain trail behind a plane starts in mid air out of nothing and than starts creating a thick trail.
I am no expert, i just seen a lot of articles and discussions and i like to contribute to that by creating this video to observe.

You can watch the video at a resolution of 1280x720 on the youtube page.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Well, I would personally say they are normal contrails. There is really quite a lot of high cloud other than the contrails as well, must have been really good weather that day.

www.flightradar24.com...

With that website you can find out flight data, if you were feeling patient enough you could probably ID all of those flights as it can be rewound to a certain time and date.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That is a lot of trails for one hour, don't think i have seen this much at once ever. well not first hand at least.

Good video.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

Amsterdam is quite close to Schiphol airport, in this video you are looking south so the airport towards the mid right of the image, about 10 to 15 kilometers south west i believe.
It does create a lot of air traffic around here and i am pretty sure that most of the planes are commercial flights going to the airport or just leaving from there.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

A really good thing about your video is that it illustrates a point that phage, aloysius, et al have been trying to get across for years in relation to "strange and mysterious" grids of trails.

That is the trails being carried, intact, by the upper air currents, surely now even the most ardent believer can see how flights passing at regular intervals over the same bit of sky will create a grid pattern.

Not any kind of proof that dismisses chemtrails of course, but hopefully they will now be able to let that old chestnut about grid patterns go and move on in their search

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Yes that seems pretty clear if you fly the same path several times the wind will move the lines, two lanes and the right wind would create a checker board pattern i guess.

But what you can see in the video to is that planes that seem to fly my more high up does not seem to create such long and persistent trails.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
reply to post by apex

Amsterdam is quite close to Schiphol airport, in this video you are looking south so the airport towards the mid right of the image, about 10 to 15 kilometers south west i believe.
It does create a lot of air traffic around here and i am pretty sure that most of the planes are commercial flights going to the airport or just leaving from there.

None of those contrails are flights to or from Schiphol. Any Schiphol traffic would be too low to make contrails.

I've written a flight visualization tool that lets you filter flights by altitude, if you show all flights, it looks like this:

You can clearly see Schiphol by the pattern of approach traffic.

But if you filter out flights below 28,000 feet, it looks like:

That's all flyover traffic. Mostly for London or the US at one end, and Mid and Eastern Europe and Asia at the other.

contrailscience.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

As you can see in the video the winds where quite strong that day but seemed to be less strong higher up in the sky.

I can see why you'd say that, but high altitude clouds are almost always going faster than low altitude clouds. The low "fast" clouds are probably around 2,000 to 5,000 feet, and moving about 10-30 mph. The high "slow" clouds are ten times as high at 30,000 feet, but probably moving more like 50 mph.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Thanks a lot for posting those images.
They put this whole thing quite in perspective.

The whole thing looks terrible from a visual point of view, in the video, but even more so in your visualization.
I can only imagine the pollution this creates.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaanThe whole thing looks terrible from a visual point of view, in the video, but even more so in your visualization.
I can only imagine the pollution this creates.

Remember though you get the same pollution regardless of if the plane leaves a trail or not. The contrail is just water ice.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

And you get a lot more pollution at takeoff when the engines are running at max thrust.

the contrails you see at high altitude usually occur when the aircraft is in cruise - and because of the thin air up there the engines are running at much less power than at takeoff - hence burning less fuel and so creating less pollution.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Cool vid I think I might stick the camera up n dothat next time the sky is full of those 'contrails'.. Even if you believe it is just water vapor keep in mind they add aluminum to airplane fuel to make it 'burn more efficiently' now don't get me wrong that may be true but.. Wouldn't this still be really bad as it builds up and fills our watertable.. Not to mention the 'vapor clouds' would help dramatically in holding in excess heat and making it warmer.. I notice that no matter the weather (hot cold etc) when those planes that have excessively long trails trun up it gets hot!.. Even in winter..
Deny ignorance don't just trust that those in power want to help the sheeple..
And there's been testing done that found higher levels of aluminum and borium? In the 'chemtrails' which actually can be used in fusion

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Robiam

Cool vid I think I might stick the camera up n dothat next time the sky is full of those 'contrails'.. Even if you believe it is just water vapor keep in mind they add aluminum to airplane fuel to make it 'burn more efficiently' now don't get me wrong that may be true but.. Wouldn't this still be really bad as it builds up and fills our watertable..

Not anymore than this....

and here is what comes out of the back of a jet engine..

So actually I would be more concerned with what is being put into the air at ground level before I worry about something 35000 ft over my head..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Robiam

You say they add aluminium to fuel as if it is fact that you know for certain. How so?

This PDF gives the composition of jet fuel on page 24, no aluminium. So why do you believe that?

www.cgabusinessdesk.com...

Also, I think if these sort of tests you mention really did exist there would be a huge scandal all over the media, look at the major chemical plant expose's we have had, particularly the Erin Brokovich story that became a movie. How come the scandalous exposé claims in the What and Why In the World are they Spraying movies have stayed firmly within the conspiracy theorist realm. Could it be because they are nonsense?

IMO, the sheeple are the ones who read reports on Chemtrail sites and immediately think they are being given a secret truth, rather than being led along by the nose by people with an agenda. I guess that it's easier to think that all the worlds press, scientists and media are in on the same scam than to think that websites whose sole existence is to promote chemtrail conspiracies have a vested interest in roping in the gullible.

I found this principle illustrated starkly in another thread on here recently where my own exhortation to a member to read all possible sources, cross check them and see what they think about all the evidence was followed by a particularly vehement pro-chemtrailer writing along the lines of "ignore everything the sceptics say, read MY links" which he then included in his post. So transparent, so desperate. The idea that anyone would do their own, wide ranging research and apply critical thinking terrifies them. They only want you to read what they give you. That alone makes me particularly sceptical, for I am no sheep and will not be told what I must read and must not.
edit on 31-12-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is a video for comparison taken from the same window at a different day.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Here is a video for comparison taken from the same window at a different day.

Just because you have clouds doesn't automatically mean you will see contrails that persist.

It looks as though the clouds in your video are at a lower level than what you would see persisting contrails, but I am not an expert and this is just what it looks like to me..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Aluminium borohydride, also known as aluminium tetrahydroborate, (in American English, aluminum borohydride and aluminum tetrahydroborate, respectively) is the chemical compound with the formula Al(BH4)3. It is a volatile pyrophoric liquid which is used as rocket fuel, an additive in jet fuel, and as a reducing agent in laboratories.
Feel free to look into it further.

I didn't mean it was necessarily the worst offender, of course all we have to do is look at the enormous ships used in places like Dubai and the arctic etc to see what industries call ok.

I feel an entire shift from fossil fuels to be our one real solution

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Robiam

Aluminium borohydride, also known as aluminium tetrahydroborate, (in American English, aluminum borohydride and aluminum tetrahydroborate, respectively) is the chemical compound with the formula Al(BH4)3. It is a volatile pyrophoric liquid which is used as rocket fuel, an additive in jet fuel, and as a reducing agent in laboratories.

And you think this...

would affect you more than this...

or say this....

Just wondering how that could be, and/or how that works?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Maybe have a little read of this article, it states something else than what you are saying.

Airplane pollution vs car pollution

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

It does not disagree with the conclusion at all.

the article is about a 300 mile journey in a car mostly at highway economy - not stop-start city driving - and it is in cities where most cars are concentrated, and the worst pollution occurs.

But the article is only about CARBON - green house gas - if you are a conspiracy theorist then you do not believe in man0made global warming anyway (well most seem to think it is a conspiracy - my apologies if you are unique in this respect!!) - the smog shown is not just carbon - it is all the other rubbish that is generated.

Whereas the only visible part of a contrail is water.

And of course car pollution is generated along fixed routes at ground level - where we all drive our cars through each other's detritus every day!

However the article also points out that car pooling is great, but that public transport beats both car pooling AND flying.

So the answer to contrails? Take trains!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join