It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT IS ALL A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE, LIFE & SOME OBSERVATIONS AFTER MOVING TO AUSTRALIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers, and any future fellow Ozzians,

Hello to all at ATS, I occasionally have to remind myself that yes, YES.. it is really real, it isn't a dream!

It took over 2 years to make it happen. But it DID happen, my Australian wife and I finally got together.

She came to the USA, and plans were to live there til time to retire, and someday get back to Australia. After 6 months in the USA, and watching what was happening inside the USA during that time; made us rethink the whole game plan.

EMERGENCY: GET THE "BLEEP" out of the USA ASAP, was our conclusion. It was a deep concern of mine of actually being able to get out, before the poo hit the fan back in the states.

I was/am of the mindset that some really ugly social engineering has been/is going on in the states for some time, and that it would REALLY gear up a knotch or two after the presidential election.

I could not help but feel like I was experiencing a sense of feelings that those fortunate Jews who managed to see the writing on the wall, and LEFT Nazi Germany in the 1930's.

I know, it is all a matter of perspective, but still I couldn't help but feel this way.

Darn near EVERYTHING I was taught in school, and had ingrained in my brain since childhood was now all "topsy turvy".

I grew up in the Cold War, saw the Cuban Missile Crisis from my own backyard via binoculars, said the Pledge of Allegiance in school, followed by a song like "America, the Beautiful". All the Constitution stuff, and Admendment stuff, DEMOCRACY, and all the normal curriculum most kids were taught during that era.

A few years ago I found that myself and so many many others that "thought" like I did were NOW considered domestic terrorists, or could EASILY BE ONE, just by our ""beliefs". Hmmm, my how Orwellian eh?

Regardless of the supposed intent by big brother to just protect people, I felt quite betrayed. For someone who would have died for the country during the Viet Nam War, if fate had moved me into the moment...and who would rather DROP DEAD than to harm an innocent hair on anyones head...I "saw" extreme darkness ahead, and kind of had a different outlook on the Anne Frank Diaries..

Perspective again... some are perfectly fine with living there in the USA, and putting up with what is going on, or they are perhaps still stuck in the left-right paradigm; and somehow actually still think that elections mean something in this Orwellian world we are now forced to live in.

Someone moving from China to the USA would probably thought they died and went to heaven...their OWN APARTMENT, with their OWN UNSHARED bathroom even!! Their own space with privacy even! WOW, pure heaven.

We were quite convinced some real ugly changes were coming to the USA. As we waited for things to happen on me actually getting to Australia, we saw the massive ammunition purchases go on, loss of privacy, drones flying in the states now, talk another war or two (Syria and Iran) the "supposed" spontaneous.. cough, cough... Arab Spring, and its predictable worse outcome than BEFORE the Arab Spring, etc, etc, etc.

We KNEW we were on the right path for our life decisions, according to OUR perspective.

I sort of made a "shrine"(LOL) for OZ.. in my mancave in the states. OZ FLAG on the wall, OZ calendars, OZ coasters for cups of tea, paintings my wife had done in that area. Memorabelia from my trip to OZ from 2 1/2 yrs ago, etc. Read books on OZ history, birds of Oz, critters of OZ, you name it, if it was anything Oz, It was in my shrine area, and read from cover to cover.

This was for numerous reasons, to familiarize myself with my future country, and to constantly invoke positive thoughts, determination to achieve our goal, and to help manifest it into reality someday.

18 months of self imposed monkdom..lol. I had 2 dogs to help keep me from going nutso, and Skype, to talk to my wife daily... without these things, I would not have made it I think.

Of course, I was blessed with a wife who ALSO was willing to bite the bullet and go the long road to see this happen as well.

I prepared myself for what Oz is like, mentally prepared for what I thought it would be like. It helped.

After saving up for the move, (NOT CHEAP), and fixing it, so my dogs could join me in my new country. (ALSO NOT CHEAP!) ; I was finally ready to make the transition.

Being a Virgo, having to step out in faith on many aspects of this immigration process, was a move into uncomfortable realms..lol. Virgos tend to prefer to be more in control of their lives and destiny etc . .or at least THINK they are...

Now, I am HERE, been in Oz for not quite a month now as of this post to ATS..

I am STUNNED again by the beauty of this new country of mine. I just can not get over the new life forms I encounter daily..lol. Sounds really silly I know, but some of these SPIDERS I have encountered SURELY came from another planet .holy crap. They got some big ones down under.

The birds and flowers and TREES blow me away..... all brand new for me. Once again, perspective I know, but dang... it is SO COOL to learn about and see these new things up close and real.

To move from a backwater town in AZ, with NO traffic light, and a very OZ OUTBACK look to it.TO: The top of a mountain, in a rainforest, with everything green, and parrots buzzing the neighbourhood, lorikeets, kookaburras claiming their territory each morning.. well, it is about as big a change one can manage to do I think.

I LOVE this mountain I live on. LOVE the neighbourhood, the area, the view of the Gold Coast from the Veranda is stunning, and changes almost hourly. I LOVE this new country of mine.

It will be down the road a couple of years for me, but I really look forward to becoming a citizen here when I can... WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE! Hidden perfection.

They have emergency numbers for wildlife injured by cars.. built in water conservation with 2 button loo's; and SO FAR, I don't see any REAL ethnic tensions. VERY refreshing. There is a slew of different kind of folks living in Australia, truly multicultural.

Granted, this is a perspective again, and limited to less than 30 days in my new country, and limited again by hanging out mostly in the Brisbane to Gold Coast area.

I am finding folks to be much friendlier than back in the states too. The weather changes a LOT faster here than back in the states.

The food is better, have not had one meal out that wasn't very good.

I am sitting on the sidelines watching the "game" back in the states.

I wish you all good luck with the fiscal cliff diversions.. just remember, it is all part of the planned program.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It is a beautiful country, and there's so much of it to see.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm glad you're liking it down here. i am afraid you came down at the wrong time however...Summer...way too hot!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Welcome to Gods country mate.

Now, no where in your post did you mention our BEER!!!!!!!!!

Maaaaate, come on, how good is the beer?

Seriously though, those words are straight from the heart, it really is a beautiful country. I am fortunate enough that I have visited many many countries around the world but NONE compare - and I mean none.

Now, keep all this to yourself, don't go blabbering it you your Yank mates otherwise they will all come over, and we only have enough beer for the Aussies.

Make sure you tell your missus that you love her and that she is a bloody legend for changing your life.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Welcome...you'll find there are a few ATSers not so far from you, just can't escape them huh

The Tweed/Gold Coast/Hinterland area offers a wonderful lifestyle - enjoy.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Welcome to Gods country mate.

Jesus did hang out with a lot of criminals didn't he?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It is a beautiful country.. I lived there myself.. good luck in your new life.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The beer's so good I drink cider!

Ok so I won't say no to Fat Yak if it's poured into a pint and placed in front of me...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

G,day mate and welcome. yeah we do like to refer to our little speck of an island in the southern ocean as GODS OWN. in fact the ancient mariners upon seeing the great southern cross standing in the night sky over head refered to aussie as THE GREAT SOUTH LAND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. ques, surely you saw gum trees in the states as ive met a lot of yanks that thought gum trees were american. yep, and i have seen them in the old lone star westerns from the 1930's. gum trees get around.
right. lesson one. queenslanders are called banana benders. your mortal enemy the new south welshmen are called corn stalks and they always cheat when playing state of origin rugby. queensland are called the maroons and those convicts from new south wales are called the blues.
lesson two. you will need a six pack - a half dozen cans. here after refered to as tinnies, of our top secret beer. its name is that bloody secret that we call it 4x. . you will also need a packet of twisties. if you are not eating them you throw them at the tv in an act of disgust with the umpires complete lack of fair play. dont sweat it mate, your dogs will emu bob the twisties up of the floor befor the missus can spit the dummy at your complete proof of Not Being House Broken. (yeah lifes too straight without twisties.) you will also need a stubbie cooler = foam wrap for tinnies and stubbies. then start yelling yer bloody head off ( comon the maroons). but. if you decide to avago at aussie rules and end up supporting those reprobates at collingwood in victoria no bugga here will talk to you again. good luck mate. HMM. umpires in aussie rules. refs in rugby. bit of galah to forget that.
edit on 30-12-2012 by pronto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Mate if you think this is a great country you would have been correct 20+ years ago but it is quickly starting to become like America. Government has disarmed us and they are quoted as saying they don't care what us voters think or want. Me personally if you aren't going in the country far away from the city that you do that or look for somewhere else because this dictatorship is handing this country to the UN on a silver platter same as your country and everyone else that is thinking the UN is the worlds saviour.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

The entire government said they don't care about what us voters think?

Excuse me if I find that a bit hard to believe...

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL - good one.

Alcohs hung around Jesus more so than crims I reckon.

Criminal: "Jesus, we're out of beer"

Jesus "Pfft, no biggie brah, bring me that water"

Legendary stuff.

Anyway, you're just jealous because our fish are bigger and our women more beautiful......or is that the other way around........meh, either way Aussie Rules maaaaaate.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

G,day mate. well you certainly stuffed up this new chums dream. oh well he may as well realize here and now, that you are one hundred and ten bloody percent correct. say, if we declare canberra a hostile alien power we could then give it to the riffraff/ airforce/ raaf as a practice range. hahaha

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The beer's so good I drink cider!

Ok so I won't say no to Fat Yak if it's poured into a pint and placed in front of me...

And here I was picturing you as some 165+ IQ, muscle bound, GTHO 351 drivin definition of hardcore awesomeness........

Until you said you drink cider.

You should have just told me you hate me, it would have been less painful

Although, truth be told, when I run out of beer and I'm too drunk to drive, I'll hook into the missus's cider, but deny it the following morning in front of my mates.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Here is a little rhyme: Cider is for Sissys

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Is the economy alot better than the US?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Is the economy alot better than the US?

Yeah but that's not hard, is it?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

G,day mate. well, a litre/liter of petrol/gas is approx $1.54. it takes 4 litres to make a gallon. a pint of beer costs $6.50. a carton of 24 stubbies of beer cost $57.00. a ford falcon car 6 pots inline, aircon and so on is around $36,000.00 second hand houses and new ones differ a lot between states and city to regional areas. but a pair of altama exospeed 2 boots cost uU.S $102.00 from a place in radcliff kentucky and $22.00 to ship them in. but buy them in aussie and you will pay $286.00. there are less people on a per head of pop. basis unemployed down here and mates in the mining game are on $90,000.00 a year fly in fly out. 2litres of milk costs $5.60. and a lot of us pay about 37 cents tax in the dollar. does that help.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

All of our economies are in the toilet we are joined together there is no individualism of countries what happens in place effects everyone else so really if the US tanks TSHT really so do the rest of us no one is really safe but the US will be cleaning up their mess longer than everyone else. This what happens when countries try to lower their buying power of their dollar to compete with deveolping countries instead of just relaxing taxes or change to a completely different tax system.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Here is the link mate to the article joannenova.com.au...

It is referring to the carbon price hence I went of the title of the article and didn't read it till then as too much real news is coming about and it is hard to keep up sometimes. So they don't care if we want a carbon price or an ETS so I suppose it isn't everything but things always have to start from somewhere don't they.

Sorry for the link just someone hyping the title to get more views I think.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Also forgot to add that everything here is double the price there so if you are saving money you will want to save double as our government loves taxes and giving nothing back for it. Sorry if I pissed on your bonfire but this world really is starting to get bad and if people aren't seeing it they might need to open their eyes more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join