It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood makes 2013 the year of the sequel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yikes! I thought we'd been Sequel'ed, Prequel'ed and Remake'ed out by now. Hasn't Hollywood noticed their movie profits are just a little anemic? Perhaps people would like to see something original and different! Too risky by their thinking it seems.

By one count, a record 31 sequels and 17 reboots are expected to hit screens next year as executives steer clear of original and potentially costly ideas.

Oh dear... I already feel the need for a lobby break to the bathroom.

Audiences will be given a sixth helping of X-Men plus Fast and Furious 6, Die Hard 5, Scary Movie 5 and Paranormal Activity 5. There will also be Iron Man 3, The Hangover 3, and second outings for The Muppets, The Smurfs, GI Joe and Bad Santa.

..and it isn't to do the normal business in there..

The reluctance of studios to take risks on original concepts follows a series of disastrous results this year. The most notorious was the epic flop John Carter, based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs book A Princess of Mars, which saw Disney taking a $200 million (£123 million) write down, and Rich Ross, the chairman of the studio, resigning soon after.
Source

...It's to be sick... Sick of the nonsense and garbage out of Hollywood lately.

So another long dry year of nothing worth paying a ticket to go see inside a theater? Are there movies above some are really dying to see the 3rd or 4th or 6th version of? Are we just over-entertained in general perhaps? I mean I have to ask myself anymore...why a theater when between On-Demand, Pay-Per-View, the normal movie channels, cable, Internet feeds, Redbox for $1 and traditional movie rental stores .... Umm.. Was Fast and Furious SIX really necessary?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The sequel I'm waiting for is the next "Kill Bill". I hope Tarentino does make it. He promised! Sequels have their place, and they not only flesh out the story but continue a good thing. Or a bad thing, depending on your interests and aesthetic sense.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Aleister because: spell

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'll watch fast and furious if Vin Diesel is in there.

OMG, that guy is sooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

He's the only man I love.

Too bad he has kid and wife, totally disappointed me.

My dreams have been crushed.

edit on 29-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I love his acting too. He's really one of my top favorites in the current bunch. Still...Where can this really go for a Part 6 that doesn't just stay similar in theme only? I mean......does Dom come back in a new twist as a LEO himself? I'm not sure what other plot twists haven't been explored. Now that would be a brain twister, wouldn't it? Learn Dom had really been a deep undercover himself all these years. lol... Why not? It'll make something to build 7 on.

edit on 29-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Kill Bill Volume Three is the only sequel I will be seeing in theaters next year.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Doesn't look like Kill Bill 3 will occur, I just looked it up and Tarentino says it may not ever happen. What's wrong with him? It may be because his film editor died, and apparantly she was a big part of his success in many films, including the Kill Bill series. Editing made those films, as well as music, lighting, acting, writing.......down to the best boy and script girl.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I only watch him and his acting.

That's it.

Could care less about the movie.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I saw the hobbit recently and during the previews they had a bunch of originals coming out that interested me-

But yeah im looking forward to the 2nd Hobbit the most and thats a sequel.
edit on 29-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

so it seems u must change ur name to ahaterofmostmen
if u dont change it, i can no longer take seriously anything u post knowing ur screen name is a farce lol

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
They say its because they dont wanna take risks but the truth is they all thought the world would end on Dec 21st so didnt bother to write anything new.

Now that it hasnt theyre all in panic mode and are like "S*** what can we do, were screwed" some clever intern sheepishly puts his hand up and says "why dont we just make sequels? weve already got all the characters and plot sorted, we can start filming and just make up the story as we go"

True story

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Speaking of Vin, he should also be in the 3rd Riddick movie.

(Assuming it's not put back on the shelf... AGAIN lol).

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, be totally cool if they did.

Yuh, and how come Will Smith never ages?

edit on 30-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

All those movies are really looking good. I have been waiting for pacific rim since I first heard of it. I didnt know about oblivion though, it looks great.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The only sequel I REALLY want to see is Zombieland. I heard a while back though that it's not likely to happen though.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, why complain? People are going to line up to watch it. If you want original ideas you better kick it to indie film. Now, the sad part here is at least half of these films will not do well. That's normal though, the studios will have some titles that just bring in big money. I will be seeing Iron Man 3, Star Trek 2 and Thor 2 (and wishing my hair was just that glorious lol),

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The only sequel I REALLY want to see is Zombieland. I heard a while back though that it's not likely to happen though.

No twinkies.

Some sequals can be a good thing.
But some of these are OTT, Fast 6, not neccessary.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

You don't want Fast and Furious 7: The search for more money and Vin Diesel's hair? Ah come on now!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Cinema has been going down the crapper for years.. No one wants to take a risk anymore and put something out that is truly original. Its a shame really.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

all i can say is

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Never heard of Pacific Rim or Oblivion, and After Earth.

They all look like they might be half way watchable.

Adding World War Z.

new topics

top topics

join