It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are guns really the things we need to ban?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ATTENTION ATSers

After an hour long discussion with some friends of mine. We unanimously agreed that guns aren't the things that need to be banned. Not surprising tho since we're all pro weapons. We did however uncover a startling revelation. Instead of guns, we should be banning something else entirely.

WATER!!!

Guns cause less death then water. So we have come to the decision that the real threat is water, therefore by logic and according to gun-ban believers we should ban water. Water kills more people all the time. Need some examples? Snow is water and just last week there was a 25 car pile-up due to the snow and ice.

How many people drown in a year on average you ask? The average amount is 1.2 million people die every year from drowning and 50% of those deaths are children.
Source: Drowning Facts

That doesn't even include tsunamis, hurricanes, floods, mudslides, monsoons, whirlpools, and drunk driving since water is required to make alcohol. It's rather ironic when you think about it, Water being the most EVIL thing on this planet and its also the very thing we need in order to LIVE. God certainly does have a sense of humor.

So long story short, keep guns, ban water. We'll save more lives that way!

PS Tell celebrities so they can make another youtube video about banning water.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
stop the presses your and ur friend decided guns are not to be banned but water is to be banned instead... sound reasoning my friend..

I say ban life itself, if no one else is born then no one else can die.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Let's ban existence if you never knew you lived then death is impossible.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ban politicians and government, it's that simple.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
We could ban cellphones too!
Oh,but that wouldn't go over to well with the vanity crowd,now would it.
And cars,my god,cars kill more people than anything!
Just too funny.

Heavy sarcasm there,ya'll.
edit on 28-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
We could also ban pencils for spelling incorrect words, pots for preparing crappy dinner, cars for the numerous deaths they cause...ect...ect...

I have to agree with the hypothetical you pose. Blaming the object for problem instead of the moron that did it is just stupid.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Classics never die.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There are a lot of objects that can kill you.

And there are a lot of behaviors that can kill you.

Start combining some of these in the wrong ways and you get some craziness and some mayhem.

It really is silly to blame any inanimate object and not the crazy behind it.
edit on 28-12-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mrdeadfolx

Actually, gun related deaths are extremely low. Even hospitals are more dangerous, MUCH more.

Deaths due to medical "mistakes": 200,000.

Deaths due to "guns": 8500.

Its clear that "guns" are the real problem.

edit on 28-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, you know... I think it really boils down to something much more basic than all that. I love your idea about water though. As a trucker over the years, I'm all for outlawing ice. It's evil stuff that never should have been legalized in the first place.

However, the root cause of all these problems are deeper..and I'll bet ya never even thought of this.

BAN LIFE!

Think about it. No one who attempts that thing called life ever survives it. It's 100% fatal and all who go, die there. Scary stuff indeed. What else can we say we tolerate with a 100% mortality rate? Why, we need to declare war on it, it's so dangerous! Indeed! War on Life! I say we start a petition tomorrow! Who's with me?

top topics

join