It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors Led Zeppelin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The mods moved my thread from current event, to the music forum.

What? The 35th Annual Kennedy Honors isn't considered a current event?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I posted a thread of this vid awhile back and me thinks it could be appreciated here.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for adding the last 1:43 on the video, great ending there! Thats some good stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Awesome video!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This is a great thread, Sled! I would give you a star and flag, but I don't have my 20 posts yet to do so.

I love this music.

I saw where you also have one on Buddy Guy. I'll go look at it next.

(I hope you don't mind me using your threads to comment on to get my post count in.)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

jude,
that video is awsome thanks for reposting it, star for you

edit on 29-12-2012 by cody599 because: crap typing as usual

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Could someone here star and flag this thread for me? I don't have enough posts yet, and I think it deserves more stars and flags.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Absolutely fitting honour,nobody but nobody can claim this title but Led Zep.

Those of us that get Zeppelin have always known who was the greatest band of all time.

I discovered them at age 15,I saw the the wee set they played for Atlantic Records 40th birthday.Misty Mountain Hop and Heartbreaker started a love affair that endures 25 years on.

Jimmy Page got me to pick up the guitar,havent put it down yet though I've learnt Song Remains the Same note for note from the record !!

He has it all,the ability,talent and musicianship few can match.Whether it's those classic riffs of Black Dog,the sonic thunder of Whole Lotta of Love or the medeivil tapestry of Battle for Evermore.The live version of No Quarter just takes me to places nothing else could.

The Greatest Band of all Time,of course.How has it taken till now !!!

You know if,like I hear often claimed,their the music of the devil,they work for the NWO satanic cult then fine send me my membership card.lol !!

The Highway gaff is a classic cos the other band that are so interwoven into my life is AC/DC !!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ho yes! Many thanks for this post! My girlfriend and I are as touched as Mr. Robert Plant!
Again, thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This show was truly amazing, have it on the DVR for repeat views. Cool to see Ann Wilson still has the skills to pull off Stairway as well.
If you are a true Zeppelin fan and have not purchased Celebration Day, the 2007 reunion with Jason on drums, it is well worth the money. There is nothing cooler than Jimmy Page with a guitar in his hands, even at his age in 2007 or now. The show kind of started out a little rough, not bad mind you, but after around Black Dog you can really feel the old Zep aura returning and they really cut loose and have fun. Highly recommended if you are needing a fix of some Led for your head! Thanks to Jason Bonham for pushing for this to happen, I am sure John was smiling down on him and the entire band throughout the show.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky01
reply to post by sled735

This show was truly amazing, have it on the DVR for repeat views. Cool to see Ann Wilson still has the skills to pull off Stairway as well.
If you are a true Zeppelin fan and have not purchased Celebration Day, the 2007 reunion with Jason on drums, it is well worth the money. There is nothing cooler than Jimmy Page with a guitar in his hands, even at his age in 2007 or now. The show kind of started out a little rough, not bad mind you, but after around Black Dog you can really feel the old Zep aura returning and they really cut loose and have fun. Highly recommended if you are needing a fix of some Led for your head! Thanks to Jason Bonham for pushing for this to happen, I am sure John was smiling down on him and the entire band throughout the show.

I saw this advertised on t.v. and meant to set my DVR to record because I work nights, but forgot to set it.
I could kick myself!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

just love zeppelin

back in the day when i had my stroked out 327 chevelle, going to town which was about 30 miles away, foot through the floor board, cassette jammed in the radio, volume turned up full blast, 2 twelve inch 200watt woofers sucking every bit of power out of one amp, two six inch mid range, and two two inch tweeters working on the other. plant's ear piercing bellowing, page keeping time, and then just shreding it, jones' hard driving bass pushing things along, and bonham's thunderous pounding of the drums. 12 oz's. of a tasty beverage in the cup holder, and one of the things we're not suppose to speak of, in the left hand. thing couldn't get any better. and you know what they didn't. I Grew Up

this was one of my favorites

thought some of you would get a kick out of a young jimmy page

edit on 30-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Ahhhh, yes! The good ole days! I remember them well!

Thanks for the videos. Can never have too much zeppelin!

edit on 12/31/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Thought I'd add these couple of vids for any who may not have seen it.

Atlantic Records 40th Birthday,not actually Led Zeppelin because this was in 87 or 88,Jason Bonham was on drums but still when I was 15,had only heard of Zep as some kind of ancient history this changed EVERYTHING !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

Thanks! I appreciate your contributions to the thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join