It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Secrets of the Kennedy Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So, some of us remember that time Ted Kennedy accidentally drowned that poor woman back in Chappaquiddick, and a few of us remember the time they lobotomized Kennedy's sister, Rosemary Kennedy, but does anyone remember the murderous Michael Skakel? Killed a fifteen year old, and nearly got away with it. If he had stopped bragging that he was gonna get away with it, he would have gotten away with it.
I'm sure there are countless other examples. JFK was a good president, but Joe Kennedy made a figurative deal with the devil to get him into office. Please, share your opinions and other facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Skakel was not a Kennedy. Read The Dark Side of Camelot by Seymour Hersh if you want all the true dirt on the Kennedys. JFK comes off very badly. He had been infected so often, he had permanent VD, which he spread. One time, he wanted to try using poppers a sex enhancement drug. His brother in law Peter Lawford persuaded JFK they were too dangerous. So they secretly placed them in a drink and gave them to one of Kennedy's sex toys, a girl code named Fiddle, without telling her. They watched her eyes dilate and her breathing increase and satisfied with their experiment, never took the drug themselves. Fiddle was underage.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yes, things like this are what I'm talking about. Good bit of history, the really gooshy bits. And yeah, no one is a saint. I just think JFK would have been a cool guy to party with, okay? And Kennedy really managed to **** off the shadow government that shot him.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Chappaquiddick was very troubling. Most people feel Ted Kennedy was lying. The true story may never be known. I agree with those investigators who believe Ted was never in the car when it went in the water.
edit on 28-12-2012 by Matt1951 because: corrected grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I only can add that apparently Kennedys father was quite enamoured with NaziGermany and actively lobbied to have the USA not fund Britain in its lone stance against Hitler.
Could be because of his Irish/catolic background, as Ireland helped the nazis quite extensively.

And Iam quartercatholic Irish, so don't accuse me of being a Paddy Basher.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Joe Kennedy Sr was pro-Hitler until war broke out. He had his sons serve in the US military in WWII, Joe Jr dying in a combat mission over Germany. Joe Kennedy Sr political career was ruined by his pre-war support for Hitler. Kennedy never supported the Nazis after war started.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Joseph Kennedy Jr. died in the war flying a bomber loaded with explosives for one of the first experiments in radio controlled unmanned aircraft in terms of war, it was called Operation Aphrodite. Pretty interesting stuff. Now, up until that point, it was him who Joseph Kennedy Sr. was grooming for the presidency, not JFK.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't think it matters but I'm certain that this man, Johnny definitely knew he was going to die. Nobody really wants to die now, do they, but if you're sure you're going to die, you might as well try and bring down your assassin head with you. JFK was not a good man. Not in the slightest little bit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, he was a charismatic man, with a good image. It's more what he stood for than what he actually was. And a bit of martyrdom complex, I suppose, if I were to dissect it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Read this links comments about Ted:
www.rollingstone.com...

10. Ted Kennedy's post-Chappaquiddick comments about privileges for the "High and Mighty". On the occasion of Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, Kennedy said: " Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?"

Reader "motorcyclist" wondered if this was "more irony than gasbaggery," while emailer "Lancelot" noted the posthumously-discovered fact thatKennedy liked to make jokes about Chappaquiddick.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Matt1951 because: to correct punctuation

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, the Kennedys were not a group of angels. But we all have our demons and personal problems... Like David Kennedy.

David Kennedy liked to shoot up. Cocaine, opiates, whatever he could get to satisfy his habit. He was diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis, a sure-fire symptom of I.V. drug use, and went to rehab shortly after.
Seems rehab didn't take in him, as they found his corpse in Room 107 of the Brazilian Court hotel.
Toxicology screening found coc aine and Demerol in his blood. So it goes. Another dead Kennedy.

new topics

top topics

join