It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do to prove it, if you suspected neighbors stealing from you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
O.k. so the theft is a minor theft but, in this economy with a tight budget and you get something because they include one thing, that you can't get when the same item is sold in the store because the company changed this, what would you do in this scenario?

My older friend who is like a mother to me, subscribes to the local paper specifically to get the local tv guide. We had new people move in slightly better then before (I haven't ranted about the neighbors in awhile
) as we are now under new management.

I suspect where the theft is coming but can't prove it, but now I get up at 5:00 am to get the paper before one of the neighbors come home. I saw one coming in at 5:30 am. when the paper was a little late, and I opened the door to get it, they were passing by me, the door opens out instead of in, so they knew someone was beating them to it (if it were them) My friend has a hard time getting around to do this herself.
edit on 28-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Video camera.

Or just confront them.

Or leave a note on your door saying if you catch them, you will stick bamboo shoots under their fingernails. Or better yet blind them so they will never be able to read another newspaper again.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Get out earlier and pick up your friends paper.

Take an old newspaper and wrap a small dead animal in it (or some other disgusting matter of your choice).

In black marker write inside, "Loser!"

Place outside where the new one was.

Record with camera in the window for future entertainment, etc.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Never understood those 'paperboy' games, throwing a newspaper to a house, but it actually happens in the USA i understand.
Here in my country paperboys are asked to put the paper inside our mailbox (mailbox is part of the house or has a lock so the paper cannot be stolen from it).
Maybe you could ask your paperboy's to do that.. or is that a stupid thought? Like they will never do that? It would eliminate the problem altogether.
Good luck in finding your culprit.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Cut the're thieving hands off! jk. I suggest mines in the garden with a sign saying "Get off my lawn"...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimens
Never understood those 'paperboy' games, throwing a newspaper to a house, but it actually happens in the USA i understand.
Here in my country paperboys are asked to put the paper inside our mailbox (mailbox is part of the house or has a lock so the paper cannot be stolen from it).
Maybe you could ask your paperboy's to do that.. or is that a stupid thought? Like they will never do that? It would eliminate the problem altogether.
Good luck in finding your culprit.
Yeah i find that extreamly odd not putting yer newspaper in the letterbox.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimens

Not a stupid idea Our country should adopt that practice, but we had trouble getting them to deliver to the right apartment for awhile.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I am getting up earlier then what I used to, but I do like the idea of replacing with an older newspaper, and putting something disgusting with it and marking the older newspaper with the words loser

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Even more odd, that for awhile it was a regular time of complaining about them leaving it at the nextdoor neighbors (the ones I suspect are a few doors away from us) in a complex with only 16 units they couldn't find us and we were immediately next door to the ones they kept delivering to
.what's up with that? Unfortunately the other major local newspaper uses the same delivery service.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Unfortunate that I would be in trouble if I did that. Also don't have a lawn and the people in my neighborhood act like they can't read signs anyway. Would you believe one complex actually has a sign that tells people they have to lift before dumping garbage. Looks like they don't pay attention either in that complex. (Our garbage pick up is done out on the street side curb not too many alleys around here.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

While it's a little better here, the ones that somehow slid by management as my suspected thief I wouldn't want to take a chance on confronting. Doing the threat thing, well I think I'd get myself in trouble for that.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

They chuck them at the houses here in Australia too, from a car! I think it might be the size of the neighbourhoods and the sheer bulk of papers they have to get through.

Anyway, an ip camera that you can log on to from any device and some kind of siren would do the trick. Be sure to post the video.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I suspect it's somebody who just wants the Employment section ... an unemployed person.

If it were me; I'd put up a poster sign that said something like this:

"Leave my TV Guide and just take the Jobs Wanted Section"

That might get some results.

By the way - TV Guide? Geesh! People still watch TV?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyoshi

They chuck them at the houses here in Australia too, from a car! I think it might be the size of the neighbourhoods and the sheer bulk of papers they have to get through.

We have big neighbourhoods too with plenty a paper to deliver and still put them through the door..
Just lazyness.

Also we have tower blocks where people live and they still manage to put the paper in letterboxes..

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Unfortunately so, about watching TV suh as the programming is. My friends an older lady with COPD betweem drs visits and perscriptions doesn't have much else in the way of entertainment. Medicaid had the nerve to tell her she made too much money on her gross SS. The neighbors here aren't friendly, most of them don't even speak to you if you say hello.This being a transient state and landlords charging 1st last and security we're pretty well stuck here, can't get anything better or believe me we would.

Weekends here are usually more hideous than the weekdays. Stupid movies and shows, or nothing. We just have wi-fi believe it or not, can get it in the bedroom but not living room. Stupid huh? So here we are just stuck.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Unfortunately so, about watching TV suh as the programming is. My friends an older lady with COPD betweem drs visits and perscriptions doesn't have much else in the way of entertainment. Medicaid had the nerve to tell her she made too much money on her gross SS. The neighbors here aren't friendly, most of them don't even speak to you if you say hello.This being a transient state and landlords charging 1st last and security we're pretty well stuck here, can't get anything better or believe me we would.

Weekends here are usually more hideous than the weekdays. Stupid movies and shows, or nothing. We just have wi-fi believe it or not, can get it in the bedroom but not living room. Stupid huh? So here we are just stuck.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Good idea and yes I do believe you unfortunately we're hold outs don't have cam corders or a phone with one, just your basic simple getting to be or is probably already there
ancient cell phone, a least 8 years old. We have one foot in 21st century one foot in the 20th century as it were.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

i would soak it in my urine.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sit by the window and catch them red handed. If they're bad up for a paper, tell them you'll save them for him/her.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yeah that's fair enough mate.......as long as the lazy don't wreck for the rest of us eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join