It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles prepares to fight Fukushima debris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Nearly two years after the Fukushima nuclear plant suffered a massive meltdown in Japan, some Americans could be just now seeing first-hand evidence of the disaster — and right in their backyards.

Source

A separate study conducted by the Sixth Report of Fukushima Prefecture Health Management Survey this year found that after examining roughly 38,000 children from the area, more than 13,000 have cysts or nodules as large as 5 millimeters on their thyroids. With the release of those findings, the organization said it could be years before the extent of the damage is properly known.

Debunkers will keep debunking. Proponents of nuclear energy will keep promoting it.
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I mention tidal power in forums, I get the silent treatment.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

Just like you thought. Nobody cares? Or they are holding their breath like me... waiting...

The window is several years. Thats how long it will take for enough of the contamination to work its way thru the food chain and into our bones and connective tissue. Then there is the delay while our bodies immune system fights the stuff and becomes weak. Then added delay while all the hospitals fill up with the dying and all the secrecy surrounding that.

At some point, years down the road somebody will see thousands (?) of lead Fema coffins at a train depot and come here with it.

How else we gonna find out whats going on?

...but we cannot estimate accurately what those levels will be because we do not know for certain what was released by Fukushima.

Thats because in the early stages of the melt downs they were pouring seawater on the exposed magma cores. One must understand that that is the worst of all options. Sea water contains most of the periodic chart and fission occurring as that water contacts the corium makes a Pandora's box of isotopes and nuclides. Most of which went into the atmosphere or the sea.

That kind of chemistry experiment has never been performed before on that scale on this planet.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

separate study conducted by the Sixth Report of Fukushima Prefecture Health Management Survey this year found that after examining roughly 38,000 children from the area, more than 13,000 have cysts or nodules as large as 5 millimeters on their thyroids.

Time to break out the Potassium Iodide, Melatonin, and L-Tyrosine.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It will catch up. It will cause problems. Sadly most of us are going to be around to see it and feel the pain.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Just like you thought. Nobody cares? Or they are holding their breath like me... waiting...

Greetings of the Season and Happy New Year!

A most excellent observation, esteemed member intrptr:

This may provide a bit of background for those truly interested in the impending environmental disaster: Fukushima Tsunami Debris Found 5,200 km From San Francisco - ETA America When?

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thank you thorfourwinds, so good to hear from you. Wishing you and yours well as can be. I know that you are out there somewhere keeping people informed. I thought I would add a few links for those that want them.

www.forbes.com...

www.pnas.org...

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

www.simplyinfo.org...

top topics

join